Make your own WFRP3 cards: Strange Eons version 3 released

By Emirikol, in WFRP House Rules

This is an updated thread to 3rd edition for making stuff for WFRP3 with Strange Eons.

" Strange Eons is a free tool for creating paper game components. Make homebrew additions to your favourite games, or create your own game from scratch!"

http://cgjennings.ca/eons/index.html

Is anyone having any issues with version 3?

jh

Can seem to use the wrp3 etc in eon 3.

Not sure what the issue is, the error message is too vague.

Meant to say, cant seem to use the various seext files in eon 3. Keep getting an error based on how it loads the txt files.

Been looking at example code, but it seems to be alot of complex code to do basic stuff. My java just isnt up to it, had to give in attempting to even create a simple action card, think I will stay with strange eon 2

I get an error msg when i start StarngeEons when the wfrp3 module is installed.

Some stuff works, some doesnt (Item cards)

Bold = code, normal text = instructions

Okay found the problems with the seext's.add

importClass( gamedata.Expansion );

to the top of the main js file. eg in w2e.seext it is w3e.js

Eon 3 doesnt support the below line anymore, thats what throwing up the error message, just put // in front of it to turn it into a remark.

GameData.registerExpansion( "wfrp3_adds", "Additional card layouts for Warhammer 3-rd edition" );

If anyone finds out how to fix that line, that be great.

The font se-caslon-ant-sc.ttf doesnt exist in eon 3 it seems.so i downloaded the font from

http://code.google.com/p/arkham-random-card/source/browse/trunk/Arkham-Horror-random-cards/assets/fonts?spec=svn11&r=11

and copied into the w3e seext font folder

edit the line calling the font to the below text

var ccCaslAnt = registerFontFamilyFromResources( "w3e/fonts/se-caslon-ant-sc.ttf" );

And now for me, it doesnt show error messages

Update.

Okay fixed both wfrp3_adds and Liberfanatica. Seems some script commands no longer work correctly.

They likely need to be tested. Will upload them once I am home and able to access web host.

Things that still need updated, other types of missing talent types, Any, Oath etc still need created, I am useless at artwork so hopefully someone can do these.

These .seext files are locked up and inaccessable. Can you put them in public download?

jh

So far so good. I created a Murder Forest Spite as a follower/animal companion for a wood elf. At least I know that one works :)

jh

I see the organizations are listed under nemesis cards (2 versions).

jh

I'm getting major errors after doing up The Doorkeepers (see main forum). Anyways, I'm getting error messages, plus I've lost all the tabs to modify the text. The only thing I can modify now is the portrait.

I used the liber fanatica version.

Give it a test.

Emirikol said:

I see the organizations are listed under nemesis cards (2 versions).

jh

Sorry I dont understand this error. I didnt create the file just changed two lines so it would work correctly.

I checked both nemesis cards in version 3, wfrp3_adds and liberfanactica. Seem to be fine. I dont see anythiing called organizations

Second post, you mean opening a saved file gives the error? I dont know how the that works, will look into it

OKay i tested, nothing saved will open all the tabs, they give errors.

Save is built into the program, not sure how to get round this. Seems doesnt like a few commands two_faces for one

I cannot get access to the Strange eons forums, he hasnt replied to my request for the code to allow to register to the forums. I think only the creator of Strange eons can solve this problem.

Sorry. will try again to get access tohis forums.

grr, I thought it was fixed.

Durak, thanks for your hard work. I think we're stuck with the old version for now.

I think there were 4 strange eons extension files (.seext) for the old version.

jh

I did find out something when i reseached version two and opening old files. In liberfanactia

The save file remembers the data of the old card. so for exampel i changed the cards to have a fourth and fifth talent slot. The program when it loads the file, look for this information and throws up an error, because when the file was saved it didnt have those slots.

It makes it hard to rewrite old cards. Save as after changing the error fields makes it work again though.

This means anything I coded to improve the old files gives errors when opening older files, but should display the data so you can resave it correctly.

Career card is the one giving those error in version 2 when opening an older file. Ignore the errors and resave the file, hopefully should fix it..

Teach me if ever making or editting a file to rename it to something like "careers vrs 2"

But in version 3 i get errors in both files when loading a save file. So I think somehow the save isnt linking the data correctly when it opens the java script.

Okay now for another puzzlement.

I am now using my laptop with the files I had working on Friday, before i copied them to my home computer and uploaded to google docs.

As you know the home computer execution of Strange eons 3 and the files gives error when you open the saved file.

The problem I have is this, the laptop files give no errors at all. I can save, i can reopen those saves. There are no mission tabs.

Solutions

1. The seext files when copied over were corrupted somehow.

2. My strange eons on the laptop works better than the one on my desktop. Its 3550a. Minimum addons.

3. Tzeentch is real.

I will try copying the files over again tonight when finished work. Since the error happened from copying via usb drive, will see where the error happened.

Okay seems theres a new version of EoN 3 to download build 3350. It fixed the save problem, but you cannot open old files.

Great tool! One question:

For an Action Card, for example, is there a way to remove or shrink the space allocated for a portrait and shift the Requisite and Description fields up to allow a larger Description field to fir on the card (to fit more text)?

paulsk said:

Great tool! One question:

For an Action Card, for example, is there a way to remove or shrink the space allocated for a portrait and shift the Requisite and Description fields up to allow a larger Description field to fir on the card (to fit more text)?

I have given up on converting it to 3.0 just too many issues with the code. Needs a real code overhaul.

The portrait page should have a clickable on the side to let you do that.

the text you need to change the code to fix that issue

Thanks for the reply. I've installed the the version 2 and now have plenty of text space to work with.

hi guys,

just a quick post to apologize to let you down on the Strange Eons stuff.

moved, changed job, house, lot of work :(

hopefully I'll be back at some point but.. not now

Hurlanc

Hurlanc, when you get back to life, it will be welcome. Till then, we'll just keep going wiht V2 :)

Does everyone here have all three of the v2 extensions? Do we have a general download link for those?

jh

Hi folks -

I just discovered this Strange Eons thing and it's pretty great!

Just wanted to see what everyone's doing in regards to WFRP3 cards. Is the current way to go for Strange Eons and WFRP3 to:

- use Strange Eons v.2 from the legacy link (which includes a WFRP3 plug-in)

- (and if so did anyone install the java patch links located there? I did not, and things seem to be working ok.)

- optionally use the add-ons at http://www.liberfanatica.net/ -- LiberFanatica.seext and wfrp3_adds.seext