Make your own WFRP3 cards: Strange Eons version 3 released

By Emirikol, in WFRP House Rules

Hello all :)

I just discovered Strange Eons and your very well crafted plugins for Warhammer.

I really appreciate the work of the software designer and of the whole group of people who brought us the W3 plugins.

I would also like to try some improvements, regarding print quality, and obviously share them with the community if successful.

However, the internal download links for strange eons seem to be broken and my software cannot find any of the core plugins. So my question is: has anyone already dowloaded the core plugins ? and could you forward me those ? (especially SVG file handling and PDF output)

Excellent. Thanks to Noelyuk for providing the plugins.

Now, has anyone here some java knowledge ?

I would like to replace as much jpg graphics as possible by svg counterparts, especially for icons, dices, results ...

​The dices and results are drawn in html text boxes and the jpg files can be seamlessly replaced by svg files.

However, simple swap does not work for the action card themes (defense, support, ranged ...). They are loaded though Image.fetchImageResource() and I fail to find documentation about the Image() class and the svg format.

Any help, or link to adequate documentation, would be much appreciated :)

Resurrecting this old thread. I just installed SE3, and downloaded all plugins Thindaraiel did (thanks!). Most cards seems to be working, except the items - which is what I was looking to create.

Link to the the screenshot. I loads the card, but I dont get the window to edit anything in it. Any work around?

Hi everyone !

glad to see that some good work has been done :)

is it possible to get the updated plug in for wfrp3 for strange eons? It states it needs updating.

Not sure about Strange Eons, but at least for Action Cards you can use this editor . It is in a very early stage of development. Currently it is only a static page, but I'm preparing a client-server application for it, so that cards may be stored in DB. Other cards editor are also todo at some day, but they are pretty easy to do with GIMP or Photoshop or perhaps even some online graphics editor tool.

PS. I would also want to have the graphics replaced to SVG, but currently busy doing other parts. Would be happy to get some help on that.

On 22/05/2017 at 3:29 PM, Aknorian said:

is it possible to get the updated plug in for wfrp3 for strange eons? It states it needs updating.

What do you mean by "it needs updating". Do you have some warning message from the editor ? What is the version of Strange Eons you use ?

And what is the version of the plugin you use ? Do you have my latest version (link given somewhere on previous page), updated from Strange Eons 2 to SE 3 ?

I am using strange eons 3. just installed it on a new MacBook Pro running latest version of Sierra and java. strange eons version 3784b. these are some of the screenshot error message I'm getting on start up or just trying to use setting like

Error Message 1.png

and this error message as well when I try to use say creature cards ffg like etc.

error message 3.1.jpg

Is there a way to find the text of the expansions cards (specially the careers) and the print on demand cards ? So I can recreate those cards and print them ? Or is it possible some of those cards already float around somewhere ?