Minneapolis, MN

By divinityofnumber, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I wont be able to do anything regularly untill maybe xmas break - but then again, i think 1 friday a month i could prolly work. I like the idea of playtesting stuff against a "gauntlet" and finding fresh combos!

Worlds was amazing. There are two of us here that are definitely interested in getting together and playing semi-casually (i.e., playing decks in the testing phase, rather than completely polished T1 decks).

I am usually only available on Friday nights, though, and I know that people have usually been meeting up for SW on other nights of the week. So, if there are any interested in playing on Friday nights at FFG or elsewhere, please say so.

I would be interested in doing stuff on Fridays, but it would have to be farther north than FFG. The problem is that most of the game stores in our area have basically stopped carrying LCGs because players tend to go straight to FFG for them. So it's hard to start up anything elsewhere.

Over @ tower we have a big LCG community and recruit actively. ANR is big, as always but SW is picking up we jsut got 2 new people in last monday after the ANR league ended.

Tower Games will be hosting a SW Store Championship. Additionaly i think a friday event once a month were we can test out new decks, maybe establish a playtesting routine for regionals @ the May 4th event could be fun.

Come by tower on mondays and ill play :-) the ANR league starts @ 6 and goes till about 7:30 for the 1st games. after that im up for anything (this next monday ill be there 2-10)

looks like the store champion box will have 4 playmats and enough cards for up to 16 people to get a full playset.

I wouldn't mind ending my work week eating a burger and playing star wars cards at the new game center! We have plenty of time before regionals start up again so I think we can all play more casual decks. And as soon as we think they're actually good we can run them against the sith control gauntlet.

Snowtrooper t-shirt would be sweet. I had a different idea, Magni, and if you'd be willing I think you could make up some pretty sweet art for it. The shirt would be a picture of yoda dual-wielding lightsabers with a heavy blaster pistol in his belt and a bowcaster strapped on his back. He'd be all ponchoed out in 2 coats of hoth survivor gear and behind him would be three copies of Obi-wan's spirit. Then in loud letters we'd have our team name: Super Yoda Go Time Now!

LOL, Well i would like to start "Star Runner" up on monday, chat about worlds and whatnot. We would have to have a universal team name we agreed upon. Its easy to do "Frozen North" but im not opposed to Super Yoda Go Time now, yoda is a small dude, maybe he could be using the "force" to float some of the guns around him lol. So he would be Yoda, with 2 lightsabers, trusting his feelings... while he force levetates multiple guns with multiple old ben's hovering behind him with hoth survival gear on underneath his robes? For some reason this really does sound strangly awesome no one would confuse it with a real SW tshirt.

I could defiantly spare couple Friday nights a month or more to play some Star Wars at the Event Center!!!

So, i was thinking about fun decks with a shock factor. I really wanna make a deck using secret guardian.

In my mind, there are 2 cards that combo best with secret guardian, Chewy & Han. Han because you can drop him attack blast some garbage then he pops back into your hand chewy because you can drop him before your opponent strikes and if you have wookie life debt out you just wrecked your opponents force up then chewy hits an objective and pops back into your hand to be played next round.

Luke i think is a stick around kinda guy who can take more hits then Han which is why i like the smuggler theme a little more then the jedi theme for this deck.

x2 Questionable Contracts

x2 Wookie Life Debt

x2 (memories?) Secret Guardian pod

is the core, this lets me go LS... i can take Luke and Ben? (yoda wants to be around for awhile but really likes the targeted strike option that memories give), or Luke and Protectors. or i can go mix take Luke and Falcon.

What you guys think, its a pretty standard deck but it has a roguish twist, if i was crazy i could go 2x Luke 1x Yoda 1x Old Bens Spirit

I'm not sure I like the 4+ objectives in your off-affiliation. If you're going that route, since it's casual for now I'd recommend throwing in 1x Rumors and see how it goes with that added in. Then three more objectives using what you think will work well.

Hmmmmm........a name for the Minneapolis Meta.......

Being located in Minnesota, things related to the cold are obvious possibilities....

1) Echo Base

2) Blizzard Force

3) Team Tauntaun

4) Possibly something interweaving themes of Twin Cities, along with the Jedi twins Luke and Leia, and/or the twin suns of Tatooine.

*scratches my head*......let's keep the ideas flowing.

I like "team tauntaun". Possibly with a picture of a tauntaun being riden by super yoda

Hmm, i could do a Tauntaun with a guy all in hoth gear with the twin cities in the background, that would be a relatively easy screenprint.

Icetrompers. 'Nuff said.

Edited by MarthWMaster

I can be at the FFG Event Center this coming Friday night (11/22) by approximately 5:30pm for some SW; there will be one other player coming with me, possibly two. Anyone interested, feel free to stop by.

If we have enough people to play some 2v2, we will have to decide on who is bringing which decks (e.g., LS and DS); I have a ton of cards, but not enough to have 3-4 1v1 decks and 2v2 decks built simultaneously.

Perhaps we could designate certain nights as 2v2 nights and certain nights as 1v1 nights?

Edited by divinityofnumber

The 22nd (2v2nd?) is an even-numbered date. Let's have even-numbered Fridays be 2v2, and odd-numbered be 1v1. Because 2 is even and 1 is odd.

After Balance of the Force comes out, perhaps we could do something like: 2 Fridays per month = 1v1 play, 1 Friday per month = 2v2 play, and 1 Friday per month 3v1 play?

I'd love to have a schedule, but I think whether we play 1v1 or 2v2 will largely depend on how many people show up. If we have an odd number we could then do the BotF challenge decks too. Although that LS deck was really hard 2v1...

I should be able to do this coming Friday. I can sleeve up some 2v2 decks for us to play with. The super-duper-friends build is by far my favorite. Who would have known that Last Minute Rescue is such an awesome pod?

Last Minute Rescue has one of the most memorable scenes in the saga. That should be a clue. ^_-

Seriously though, I anticipate we're going to see more and more options open up for our existing objective sets as the game develops. That's the great thing about this game: new strategies and new cards cause you to see older, previously overlooked cards in new ways.

Edited by MarthWMaster

Ok, I've sleeved up LS and DS 2v2 decks for us to play with on Friday. Shad wanted me to include Escape from Ord Mantell although personally I think it's bad. Then again I thought Lobot was bad so what do I know.

I'm pumped for this Friday! Twin Cities Tauntauns assemble!

I have some deck ideas floating in my head, but I'll probably just bring my collection and build a deck based on what my teammate wants to play.

I'm pumped for this Friday! Twin Cities Tauntauns assemble!

Wooooooooot! Tauntauns!

*insert a Wookie victory cry, and random Ewok cheering also*

I like Team Tauntaun! Though maybe I'll start a St. Paul meta called Team Force Choke. **evil laugh**

I'll be there on Friday and I have four one-on-one decks sleeved. DS Sith Control, DS Walkers, LS Jedi, and LS Speeders. Pretty standard, though I may break them up and bring with some fun, weird decks.

Since teams are limited to using 2 of the same objective set, and 1 of any "Limit 1 per objective stack" objective set, shouldn't we either discuss deck choices with our teammates privately here, or build them on Friday at the Game Center?

Edited by MarthWMaster

It might be best to just designate some nights as 2v2 nights, and pair people up via email or something so that they can devise decks beforehand. Or, if you want to play some 2v2, bring two decks that you made that are meant to be played together, and then your partner can just play with one of those.

The same decks are not good across formats, so that is the dilemma; it could involve a bunch of disassembling, etc. Maybe in the future we can designate one Friday per month as a 2v2 night, where most people come prepared to play 2v2, and we have paired people via email so they can prep ahead of time, etc. I'm not sure what would be best, but the gears in my brain are moving about it. We should have a group brainstorm on Friday and see what people overall would prefer.

It might be an AGoT type scenario, where some people really only want to play 1v1, some play both, and some only like 2v2 and 3v1. So, maybe certain nights we can have designated as 2v2-heavy, where many people give 2v2 a shot, but the people who really don't want to still pair off and play 1v1, etc. I suppose we'll have to see what the group consensus ends up being.

Edited by divinityofnumber

One thing that not everyone is doing, that I can't encourage enough, is to sleeve your whole collection together, to best take advantage of the deckbuilding mechanic. According to the tournament rules, the sleeves only need to be opaque if you are using promotional cards, meaning penny-sleeves are otherwise fine.