A New Arkham Investigations Website

By OldManWhateley, in Fan Creations

I corrected the card, Corbitt's Diary , with the proper paragraphs; you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ba5ss01thiwfna

I also added it to the website for download as well. I am working on replacing the "Nothing happens, read paragraph x" paragraphs as well and should have an updated casebook loaded soon.

On another note, I working diligently away on the new casebook, Escape from Arkham . I hope to have it complete very soon!

I corrected the card, Corbitt's Diary , with the proper paragraphs; you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ba5ss01thiwfna

I also added it to the website for download as well. I am working on replacing the "Nothing happens, read paragraph x" paragraphs as well and should have an updated casebook loaded soon.

On another note, I working diligently away on the new casebook, Escape from Arkham . I hope to have it complete very soon!

Cheers for the update! Thanks to my impatience :) I went ahead and printed off the Cthulhu! Dread Sleeper in R'lyeh investigation. We played on Friday night, and as a result, Cthulhu now walks the earth. Apologies for that.

Very much looking forward to the Escape From Innsmouth investigation!

Certainly MaddMatt! I do look foward to any input from players that run the casebooks, since that uncovers any errors or changes that need to be made. I only wish I could gather another group of players myself so that I can get back to playing Arkahm Investigations too :)

One thing that I very much liked about the Cthulhu casebook was the fact that all locations had a listing in the index, so there were no clues as to where to go next, except for in the text.

I agree - that casebook was well done to add a good deal of suspense and mystery. I wish to try formatting that style with my next casebook as well.

Glad to see the fire back in this project. Always look forward to new material for Arkham and this project has been a favorite. I need to check and see if I have updated since you made corrections.

Off to the Archive...

And yes, since they killed my avatar on the forum change I have decided to let my ghost remain and join all the other ghosts here =)

Glad to see the fire back in this project. Always look forward to new material for Arkham and this project has been a favorite. I need to check and see if I have updated since you made corrections.

Off to the Archive...

Thanks, glad to be back and healthy once again! The Escape from Innsmouth casebook is coming along very nicely, but I hope to hear from anyone with feedback about the casebook, The Terrible House, soon.

The new casebook, Escape from Innsmouth , is coming along nicely, but it is slower going that I had previously thought. However, I have forced myself to adhere to the commitment of its completion and I will post some updates as to my ongoing progress.

I am also working on another project, involving a redo of Investigators. I am shamefully a Lovecraftian purist and want to revamp the Investigators to better suit those characters from his stories. I will keep the Investigators as per the game but with some changes. These include:

• A rewrite of their "Story So Far" to make each more Lovecraftian in nature.
  • A complete reworking of each Investigator's Fixed Possession or Skills. It irks to no end when I am playing an author or doctor and I draw my random item cards at the start of the game, only to find my doctor has a Flame Thrower! With the change will be no random items, rather each Investigator will have fixed items and skills already selected to better suit each profession.

Cheers!

That is so weird. I was just thinking the other day, after running across a resource online that happened to have all the characters and what stories they were in, about adding them to the system. I knew it was above my head to attempt but I could at least compile the list. Do you know which website I'm talking about? It is like a glossary. I'll dig up the URL again if you need it.

Here it is:

http://www.netherreal.de/library/lexicon/

And this one just seems to work better for me:

http://www.netherreal.de/library/lexicon/lexnfrm.htm

I see that this 'new' forum is still a pain to do anything in...oh well...good to know some things never change :)

(Edit: Just thought I would throw this one in too: http://www.cthulhufiles.com/ Down near the bottom the Cthulhu Universalis is coming along. I know you probably have all of these but just in case...)

Edited by suicidepuppet

Ah yes I visit teh cthulhu files website often for things, but a great link to add here and on my website! The Cthulhu Lexicon is wonderful! Not much info but a great way to link characters to Lovecraft's stories where I can get more info!

• A complete reworking of each Investigator's Fixed Possession or Skills. It irks to no end when I am playing an author or doctor and I draw my random item cards at the start of the game, only to find my doctor has a Flame Thrower! With the change will be no random items, rather each Investigator will have fixed items and skills already selected to better suit each profession.

You know about Tibs thematic starting possession, don't you?

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/63297/thematic-starting-possessions

I does a very good job at fixing this issue.

best

Hello,

This may not be the right place to ask this question but here goes. I am interested in adding the Arkham Book Club content to our game sessions. I test printed the Ancient Tome but the way it is laid out in the PDF file, I see no way to print double sided. Is there some other way I could achieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

This may not be the right place to ask this question but here goes. I am interested in adding the Arkham Book Club content to our game sessions. I test printed the Ancient Tome but the way it is laid out in the PDF file, I see no way to print double sided. Is there some other way I could achieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There's really no need, have a look in the PDF Arkham_Book_Club_Rules under the Assembling The Tomes section. I've recently made them all and the look really good. Hoping someone does the remaining Tomes from the expansions, either that, or I get hit with inspiration and take a look at them myself.

We've kind of stalled with the Investigations. We played Cthulhu, Dread Sleeper... 4 times before we got a success. Very good casebook that. I'm now waiting til payday (next week), so I can put more ink in my poor, poor printer! Any news on the Escape From Innsmouth case book?

We've kind of stalled with the Investigations. We played Cthulhu, Dread Sleeper... 4 times before we got a success. Very good casebook that. I'm now waiting til payday (next week), so I can put more ink in my poor, poor printer! Any news on the Escape From Innsmouth case book?

I am about half way through writing Escape from Innsmouth. Since much of the action takes place in Innsmouth, I was having a difficult time developing activity within Arkham itself. But I managed to create some interesting things to occur outside of Innsmouth and I am trudging along nicely!

I just tried going to the website and keep getting strange returns. Is the site down or have you closed it? I am working on an article and went out to see if my files were up to date and noticed this.

Edited by suicidepuppet

I am about half way through writing Escape from Innsmouth. Since much of the action takes place in Innsmouth, I was having a difficult time developing activity within Arkham itself. But I managed to create some interesting things to occur outside of Innsmouth and I am trudging along nicely!

How goes the Innsmouth casebook? Hopefully it hasn't sent you insane!

How goes the Innsmouth casebook? Hopefully it hasn't sent you insane!

Not yet! Real life once again began to interfere with my work, not to mention time spent working on a revision of the Mansions of Madness game...

I too have been having problems reaching my own website for Arkham Investigations. I usually use Firefox (with Avast anti-virus) and every time the site is registered as being malware-infected. Even if I disable Firefox temporarily, Avast still blocks the site. I scanned the files stored there and found nothing. However, if I visit the site using Internet Explorer (with Avast turned off) I don't get the same virus warning and can get to the webpage. Not sure what is going on there. The hosting site is one that I have used for over seven years and have never had problems with it until now. I believe it to be something to do with Firefox itself, combined with Avast. The detection of malware is false I think. I would appreciate some feedback from others who try to visit the website - tell me if you too are getting malware or virus warning and such, as well as if you can visit it on IE but not Firefox.

If I cannot determine what is causing this problem to the website, I may have to seek another web host.

I also have not been able to play Arkahm Horror for over eight months after my group of players broke up and no longer get together at all. That seriously hampered my desire to keep working on the new Innsmouth casebook, as well as not having players to help me playtest the casebooks. However, I finally was able to find one or two players and I went back to the Innsmouth casebook last week and have about half the case book written so far. I am also about to begin my first true playtests of The Terrible House casebook this coming weekend.

Arkham Investigations are great fan expansions, though I didn't like the base game enough to play them. Nontheless, I really like the idea of scenarios with handouts and paragraphs. Do you know about similiar projects for other games, playable solo?

Wow. It seems my luck at staying with this thread is by far the toughest agenda I have ever undertaken. Sorry to everyone for my disappearance for so long. A move to another state, a new illness, then an new job and the buying of a house left me little time to work on anything. I also started playing Call of Cthulhu rpg once I moved and that, in turn, took even more of my free time.

However, all is not lost.

My website is still up and running, though I have not posted any new material. I have begun work on a new casebook - this was after I recently went back to re-read my first three casebooks. Of the three, I believe that Dark Dreams of Dagon is good, but the other two have some problems. The Terrible House is, unfortunately, far too verbose than even for me to read during play, and The Haunting has some serious problems with it.

So, I have resolved to write a casebook, slimming a good deal of it down, and using the style I had used in Dark Dreams of Dagon, which seemed to work the best. The story is much more compact and easier to play, I think. The idea for the casebook stems from an old Call of Cthulhu rpg adventure, as well as some ideas from amikezor. I had recently found a posting from him over on Board Game Geeks where he had posted a scenario for the game, Mansions of Madness.

Suffice to say, I shamelessly used some of the ideas from his creation, so I hope he does not mind ;)

So, as always, I ma back to the typewriter. I should have the casebook finished within a week. It is called The Strange Sounds on Strafton Mountain . After that, I have another casebook in line to complete, using the above mentioned concept of slimming it all down to a concise, useful story.

Cheers!

Good to see you back!

Oddly enough, I checked back here only last week to see if I'd missed notifications. Looking forward to the new casebook. And possibly a return to the Innsmouth casebook? ;)

Here is a preview of my new casebook:

THE%20STRANGE%20SOUNDS%20ON%20STRAFTON%2

THE%20STRANGE%20SOUNDS%20ON%20STRAFTON%2

I just realized that I had made the above posts with my old forum account. I will use the regular one I have always used so far.