An Eye for an Eye: Building (And Solving) The Mystery

By Steve (of the Red Fez), in WFRP Gamemasters

Hey Guys !

I have noticed that several people have been asking about where they can get the clue cards..

I received these from someone other than the original creator and have used them when running an eye for an eye.

These cards were a HUGE HUGE hit !! They really helped the players and added a different dimension to the game,.. The players really liked having them,..

I have placed the PDF in my dropbox but haven't tested to see if it works,.. hope it does,..

I will keep these up on my dropbox for the month of August and then take them down as they use up alot of precious space,.

Enjoy!! Link - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104621339/Clue%20Cards%20for%20An%20Eye%20for%20an%20Eye.pdf

Hey, folks! It's been a while and I've been out of the loop due to some other game work I've been involved with, but I recently saw all of the interest in these cards on the forums. I'm really happy that people enjoyed these cards and I apologize for disappearing so abruptly. I've decided to dig out the files and, if people want them, I'm willing to post them again. I'll also see if I can find the clue key that guides you in how to use these cards. Only a couple of people ever received a copy of that and it looks like it was never circulated.

Anyone who wants these cards, post here. Also, anyone who ever finds an error or problem with my cards, let me know so I can correct it.

Finally, if anyone wants a different language version of them, I'm willing to give it a try. Send me the translated text of each card and I'll see what I can do. I'll have to trust you to make sure the grammar is up to snuff since I can't proofread them.

I'd love to discuss all of your experience with these cards so feel free to let your voices be heard.

Hey!
I'm pretty new to the game, and we are still running the campaign. My group is very new to RPG's, I'm the most experienced (and thats really not saying a lot), for the two players this is their first tabletop RPG.

I was given the cluecards by someone on this site, and even though we've only had one session using them (just before Christmas), them have been really really useful. Not least because as this is my first time GM'ing any kind of game, it has made it a lot easier for me to keep track of the storyline.

Between your cards, and Emirikol's posts on the scenario I have really enojyed the game, and had a lot of good ideas on how to make my group enjoy it too!

If you have the clue key I'd appreciate it, I do have a copy of something that shows how to use the cards, but I'm not sure if it is your version, or one someone else pieced together.

Thanks for taking the effort, it has been a lot of fun learning the game, and I know your cards have made the experience moreso. :D

Hey guys,

If people are still sending out the clue cards, I've just started to run Eye for an Eye and would love to incorporate them in my game.

My email is thejonathanevans AT gmail DOT com

Thanks in advance!

[email protected].

I would love these resources as well, thank you very much for the response.

Dear Steve. This is a great idea. However, my play group is just a tad slow, so would it be possible to change the nice "Clue" on the back of the card to CLUE in something like size 240, and perhaps in a flouro green colour. Alternatively, what are your thoughts about using a permanent marker and just writing it on players foreheads?

Seriously though I use these myself but nowhere as nicely done as these - great job.

(As a PS I must admit that even with clue cards my players often just don't get it. They are very much bottom of the barrel material).

I just discovered this topic, and the work done by Steve looks great !

I will start this adventure in a short time, and I would love to have the clue cards. Can someone who got them send them to me ? You can use this email adress : [email protected]

Thank you for reading, and thank you for the cards (i hope).

Just to raise this thread back from the dead further, could a copy be sent to snake_bite1982(at)hotmail.com

I'd like also to have these clue cards : thanks to send to thindaraiel(at)free.fr

Hey All

If anyone has the clue cards and would like to share. I'd love to have those cards to use in my forthcoming game of Eye for an Eye.

Can someone send them to me at:

mr.noelyuk(at)gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Noely

Liked this clue card idea so much that after receiving a copy from 'El Commi' aka Gerard I went ahead and took the data and input it into Fantasy Grounds. So I now have a nice shiny new Eye for an Eye Clue Card mod. Works great! :)

You should totally share that !

And thank too to El Commi ;)

I would very much like a copy of these cards as well!

simpsonnicholas1(at)gmail.com

As a bonus, I'd be happy to respond with a copy of the full set of item cards I made for every weapon and piece of armor along with blank ones for miscellaneous gear I made in Strange Eons.

Edited by Nimsim

Just waiting for permission from the original creator of the clue cards Steve Fez to share them. Seems only fitting. Once I get the ok then I'm happy to share them :) RAI3x

Sweet. Thank you.

Seems like eye for an eye is still One of the Most Played Adventures. :)

I'd love to get a set of these before I start my campaign in a few weeks.

PM me with your email address and I can send you a copy of these.

Hi guys,

Some general questions about the adventure:

My players were on a bad track... really bad. The elf PC found the Painting. One servant saw him, and he and the PC talked for a bit about the mysterious thing behind the curtain. The Servant was a cultist so he went right away and let Piersson know.

Piersson arranged for later removal of the painting. 3 hours later the PCs gathered and decided to look into the painting further (so far only the elf looked at it). When they went there the painting was not any longer.

They stayed in the room for a bit, and the door opened, another servant was there. The Pistolier PC threatened him, and called him inside, but the servant freaked out and run away, also warning Piersson.

The wizard decided to follow the aethyr trace of the painting, but when they moved out of the room, Piersson was there. He challenged them and told them to stop doing magic in the house and to report to the guard captain (since they declared they were the guard reinforcements). The high elf took out his sword and threatened to kill him if he touched or interrupted the wizard. So Piersson was allowed to move on, with the impression he was going to talk to Aschaffenberg about all the issue they were causing.

The magic trace took them into the kitchen were they again threatened the cook, and had her running upstairs. They moved into the cellar and found the hidden passage, and further along the temple.

Now, I'm not sure what to do:

Would Piersson had put the painting in the temple? Or somewhere else? If in the temple, is it there now or was just removed (maybe they see a glimpse of someone running on the passages, escaping with the painting, the book and so on).

Would the books from the library be in the temple? (One of the PCs talked to the librarian but never checked the books, and the adventure says that Otto then goes and hides the books in the temple).

Should I move the cult confrontation forward and have them fight the cult now? Or maybe the cult will lay low, knowing they have no actual proof of any cultist, or any name/cult association are possible.

Would Piersson really talk to Rickard about the PCs? Or suspect about the PCs being spies, and Rickard obviously involved since he hired them?

What would Rickard do if found about the disturbances of the PCs threatening his servants?

What would Rickard do if the PCs ask for any of the servants to be jailed because they "suspect" he's implicated?

Piersson would put the painting in the temple - assuming he thinks PCs does not know about it. Same with the books.

At this point, the temple should be empty, so there is no need for confrontation.

Pierrson would talk to Rickard, he does not know, that Rickard is suspecting something

Rickard would be angry with PCs behaviour, in the end, he does not know who, if anyone, is involved in something blasphemous, so he would not appreciate PCs running around his lodge and threatening his employees. they were supposed to do it quietly.

Without any hard prove, Rickard would deny them.

Anyone still have those clues up on the web? Or could send them to me by email?

Thanks

Also looking for a copy, quickly! Thanks.

[email protected]