An Eye for an Eye: Building (And Solving) The Mystery

By Steve (of the Red Fez), in WFRP Gamemasters

I would appreciate if you are sharing your work

webmaster(at)prediger(dot)at

Joining the Bandwagon [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like an excellent idea. Can I have these cards, plz? remchi(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks!

They look really cool!

Has somebody else used them and is willing to tell how it turned out with their group? Or has somebody made a similar deck for a different scenario?

Is anyone able and willing to email me the cards as well?

reallifejon (at) yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in advance!

I am also interested in a copy of the cards.

Would anybody indulge?

my email: dieterdemey(at)hotmail.com

I would also be interested in a copy of these cards. [email protected] Thanks to everyone for contributing to the community!

Hello,

If any body is still sending out the cards could you be so kind as to send me a copy?

My address is [email protected]

Thanks head of time!

I'd like to offer these at the Daily Empire if you are interested.

I've heard nothing since I posted in September… It looks like there's a whole bunch of us hopefuls - waiting for him or someone else to reappear and email them out to us all. I hope he's all right!

Oh yeas please doc!

if that would be alright for Steve, that is

Glorian Underhill said:

I have made a german "Arbeitszeugnis" i.e. a letter of approval for the adventurers as they have rescued good ole Aschaffenburg.

Picture at the blog:

http://vierzwergeundeinhund.blogspot.de/2012/12/wfrp-handouts-selbstgebaut-briefe.html

Beautiful work sir! Care to give a brief summary of the process in English? I tried using Googles translation feature, but some of the translation was muddy.

Did Steve, put up a site for the cards? Just hoping as he hasnt been posting for a while.

Greetings.

If anyone is interested, my co-GM and I wrote two additional scenes for Eye for an Eye. We rewrote the feast scene just before the end series of battles to contain a lot of social challenges. We also wrote a chase series going after Piersson from the lodge to Rottfurt and then down the river to Stromdorf. We'll have these written up soon. I'll be happy to share if anyone is interested.

Ceffyl

Sure Ceffyl, looking forward to seeing this!

Anybody ever get a copy of these? If so e-mail them to me at [email protected] if you get a chance. It would be very, very appreciated :) .

Hello;

i like to have a copy of the clue cards also. If anyone who has them want to send them to my e-mail? [email protected]

very much appriciated :) And if someone also has the sheet how to use them i would also want it :) .

hope some of u can help me out

greets

Ceffyl,

My groups just started Eye for an Eye last Monday. I'm planning to use it as a jump off point for an "Ubersreik campaign" (combining/mixing Mirror, A little help of a friend, Storm, Edge of Night, Hugeldal, Art of Whaagh etc.). The party has just spent their first night at the lodge and met some of the (*****) inhabitants…

Next session planned coming Monday and busy exploring potential storythreads -so I am very interested in your alternatives/expansions of the feast and chase scenes.

Just a short session report for flavor: After spending the summer in the Altenblum infirmary, the investigative pharmacist Periconius is once again set for adventure. With his companions, Reinhardt, the mercenary-entrepreneur and Hodge (RPD ;) ), the Halfling performer-extraordinaire, he’s bound for the Grunewald Lodge. For something is amiss at the lodge…
Disguised as house-movers the brash young adventurers are to infiltrate the lodge’s servant’s staff. Lord Rickard Aschaffenberg, the new owner of the lodge, suspects the servants of the former lord, to be a an uncooperative and subversive lot.
Upon arrival Periconius & co. learn of the former lord, Andreas von Bruner and his sudden disappearance from the lodge, just a year ago. They also learn of last week’s beastman assault on the lodge and have a midnight meeting with a blind Sigmarite sister and a dwarf in nightgown and nightcap, who is suffering terrible nightmares.
Undisturbed, Hodge muses on his evening foraging in the lodge’s kitchen and above all… tomorrow evening’s Mittherbst dinner. Goose AND venison -delicious!

I'm not an experienced GM and did find the pc's asking darn difficult questions, for example they wanted Aschaff. to elaborate on the subversive behaviour of the lodge staff -and I did find it difficult to improvise in a consistent way … for what kind off servant's behaviour is percieved by a noble as a bit subversive but not bad enough for corporal punishment (a bit of didactic flogging), dismissal or just to turn them over to the law (in a late 15th/16th century based setting, Aschaff. would be probably be empowered to hang any rebelious brass tier brat)…

Also during preparation some of the following questions struck me (where possible I put in my solutions) -happy for any feedback:

1. How to explain the painting in the Sitting Room? Surely the chill will not have kept Asschaffenberg out of the room during his two-three weeks stay before pc's arrival? Surely he would have ordered to light the fireplace, seat himself in the only cushioned chair in the room and …

Perhaps painting was removed by cultists upon arrival of their new lord some 3 weeks ago? Still a strange chill lingers

2. How to explain the torture of a wounded Korden after the beastmen attack? Surely Asschaffenberg would notice screams coming from sitting room at night…

Perhaps Korden was interrogated as to the hammer’s location before Aschaffenberg’ s arrival. But then, how would he end up wounded during last week’s assault?

3. Why would there be a dozen unmarked gravestones in the orchard? Surely not a dozen casualties are temporary buried and waiting for transport to Geisbach’s Garden of Morr? Are some of them old graves? A small, old, private Morr’s Garden to service the von Bruners would probably have been emptied and cleansed upon abandonment?

Perhaps better go with two temporary graves (2 guards died in last week’s assault)

Hope my musings are helpfull. I do know that your musings on this forum have been a BIG help and inspiration to me! ;)

Good motivation to convert the notes files into a better format for you!

This is my first time GMing, so I'm kinda in the same boat. (Luckily my co-GM has a lot of experience and great ideas. We are both new to WFRP.) I had Aschaff. be a bit aloof and concerned about his staff. He wants to have reliable people so he doesn't piss off the Von Bruners. He relies a lot on his manservant who came with him to the lodge (his name escapes me right now).

I'm having some trouble with the quoting text on the forum, so here are my responses to your numbered items.

1. Painting in the sitting room.

I think the painting also has an aura of Fear. We used that as an excuse that anyone in the room didn't feel comfortable for more than a few minutes in the room. So people naturally left the room alone. You can add that the room looks unused, clean, but unused. Maybe the location of the chair moves a little from visit to visit, but nothing else seems to be touched.

2. Torture of Korden after beastmen attack and screams being heard by staff.

If Aschaffenberg was drugged on schlaff would he have noticed anything? We got around that point by saying that any night the dwarf was tortured, the household was drugged on schlaff.

3. Graves in orchard and Garden of Morr.

Initially, I didn't question the idea of a private cemetary. (I only learned about the Garden of Morr burial areas when reading Gathering Storm.) I like the idea of an abandoned Garden of Morr or even the VBs moving one. I wonder if there is anything in the lore for how people are buried in smaller settlements where they aren't in easy reach of a Garden of Morr?

Veteres said: Hope my musings are helpfull. I do know that your musings on this forum have been a BIG help and inspiration to me! ;)

They are very helpful! Your players are in for a fun time. I love how everyone has a different take on the storyline and how each playthrough is different. That's what makes RP so much fun.

I plan on running eye for an eye this weekend. Anyone still have a copy of Fez's clue cards they could send me? My email address is srmcdermott at hotmail. I really hope someone see's this.

;-)

- Iron X

Iron x did you get the clue card??? I would love to have them also…

best

mex

I’m also interested in the clue card. Still a chance to get them?

Greetings

Halavandrel

Still hoping to host these (and any additional material for WFRP that needs/could use hosting).

Sending them to [email protected] helps in this!

Apologies for the "me too" post, but if anyone has a copy of these and could email me, that would be very much appreciated! sgdonohue at hotmail.com

Thanks!