Charge

By dl757477, in Dust Tactics Rules Discussion

2pissed said:

When did It change? The rule I quoted was from the revised rulebook

It changed with the revised to what you are quoting. Charge does not grant movement activations, just a free Attack activation after you have made 2 Move Activations.

Where does it say that? The way it is written I'm my quote says that the skill gives you an attack 1&c after 2 moves it's all boldest suggesting that the movements are from the use of the skill. Has ffg said something to differ? Or have people just decided that's the way it is? Maybe it's because I have never seen the old rule maybe that will clarify the intentions when I see what was amended

2pissed said:

Where does it say that? The way it is written I'm my quote says that the skill gives you an attack 1&c after 2 moves it's all boldest suggesting that the movements are from the use of the skill. Has ffg said something to differ? Or have people just decided that's the way it is? Maybe it's because I have never seen the old rule maybe that will clarify the intentions when I see what was amended

A unit with this skill can charge forward at a blistering pace! When a unit uses this skill,

perform a fight action with all of its range 1 or range C weapons after

performing two move actions. A hero with this skill shares it with any squad he joins

Sorry, nowhere in your quote does it say you get a move action with Charge just says, perform a Fight Action after two move actions - nothing more.

No need to apologize.

It says when you use this skill perform the attacks after two move actions all in bold implying that those two move actions are part of the skill. If it sai using this skill allows you to attack with range one or c after you have performed two move actions then it woul make sense. But the way it is written is that the two move actions and the attacks are part of the skill. I'm not saying I agree either way I just want some backed clarification because I know it will come up again in my games

If you want clarification, you could just email FFG, there is a link at the bottom of the page. Page 8 of the new FAQ might help as well and I don't think that just because a rule in in bold means something other than what's actually written, doesn't infer anything if its not there in black and white.