The ultimate " I've never seen play " character championship!

By Cass2, in UFS Off Topic

Makingsenseofus said:

Alan Marrett

Alex "A-Bomb" Bartos

Amy Pierce

Anya Ward

Arbra "Tha Man" Strong

Bill Altig

Bob Gardner

Bobby Stickel

Chris Beaumont

Dave Allen

Dave Thompson

David "Ace" Freeman

Denny Sowell

Erik Yaple, The Baddest Man in Gaming

Gary Dubell

George "Action" Mann

Helen Morley

James "Crispy Skillet" Stone

Jim Callahan

Joseph "Rapierdual" Spagnola

Josh Morris

Kevin "The Brit" Beadle

Mike Ball

Ragnar "the Midlander" Karlsson

Sabertoothman

Seth Morrigan

Steve Horvath

The Malbatross

Thomas Kohler

Man I miss all those characters why did they never see play lol ....

Admiral Ren said:

to help on getting an accurate list of unplayed/crap/bad chracters cards, just make a like of the played/good/awesome character card. Should be easier as obviously, this list would be shorter.

Ender Dragon said:

The Rikuo deck at worlds wasn't really even a Rikuo deck, it was a deck with cards that are now banned, you could have placed any character with those symbols in that deck and it would have done just as well if not better.

?

Addes Syndicate (which who can blame me for running at the time?) and... hmm... Chicken Kick?

while you are right, I can think of plenty of characters that can do Pillar of Flame + Vast Resources + Shinobi Tradition + Rhythm Break *breathes in* better, it still hilarious off of Rikuo. Mind you, if I could have found a sufficent number of Orbital Blazes, I would have ran Pyron in my sideboard...

<- has decklist in front of him while he's typing this.

unless you're talking about the other 2 Rikuo decks... one I think sandbagged into promo Alex and the other was Rare Rikuo with Sea Rage.

I barely see any of the Fei Long's.

That's because they are all terrible.

Ender Dragon said:

That's because they are all terrible.

wooh wooh wooh wooh wooh.

Promo Fei Long? he's absolutely delicious.

i would definately say arthur is the least played, and perhaps worst char of all time.

Promo Maxi.

Promo Maxi is the worst.

Considering the stats 6/24 vs 6/22

and considering the fact promo Maxi got 2 almost usefull abilities VS Arthur who got only one almost useless ability...

i think arthur is still the weakest of them both.

Nope... XD

Fei Long1- We have a player who should currently have this deck built. It's the same player that built the "till death"-looping Sogetsu. He wanted to get some huge-ish Jag Revolvers in play without actually playing them, in addition to Feral Fury. In Legacy or Block 2 Standard (whichever), this deck has probably gotten much stronger since I've last seen it.

Fei Long2- I try to forget, but I'm reasonably certain that one of my friends built this Fei Long. I tried to talk him out of it because I took no prisoners and this deck could only have been my b!tch.

Fei Long3- Right... lots of people have built this. I distinctly remember being demolished by this deck when I never really owned my own cards. The same friend as the Fei Long2 player built this, and it was my inauguration to Getting an Education brutality, whose use and value in this deck has, in my experience, never really been replicated or surpassed (except in a multi-infinite loop Iori abusing Pirate Raid, his punch of broken, and the Cadenza that Blazes in a 6x10 event ).

Fei Long4- Even after the aforementioned friend stopped playing UFS, him and my other frriend came back for a one day stint and he built a Fei Long4, which soon morphed into a A Year's Difference + Genkotsu Stamp Sean2 or something...

Maxi3- there's one player who seems to have been a Maxi fanboy, or perhaps he built this because his card collection never significantly changed over the course of a year. I probably traded it to him after a tourney where I won it, or I just let him have it. Also, are you forgetting this was only option for players to build Maxi for an extended time (until his set release)? Other players have surely tried.

After going through all 432 non-Staff Characters on 2HD, here's a list of those which I do not have any specific recollection of seeing, hearing, or reading being built:

• Adon2
  • Akuma4
  • Alex1 & 2
  • Astaroth5
  • Balrog3
  • Billy3
  • Bishamon3
  • Cammy7
  • Cassandra1
  • Cervantes2 & 4
  • Chae
  • Charlie4
  • Chun-Li1
  • Demetri2
  • Dudley 1 & 2
  • E. Honda4
  • Elena2
  • Felicia3
  • Gabe, Boy Wonder
  • Gaira3
  • Guile2 & 3
  • Hsien-Ko2
  • Ivy4
  • Jedah2
  • Ken1
  • Kilik1 & 4
  • Kim
  • Kyo3
  • Lien3
  • Lu Chen
  • M. Bison5 & 6
  • Mai7
  • Maxima
  • Mitsurugi3 & 7
  • Nakoruru3
  • Ninon1 & 2
  • Ralf
  • Raphael
  • Rock Howard3
  • Rose1 & 4
  • Ryu7
  • Sakura1 & 2
  • Seth2
  • T. Hawk1 & 2
  • Talim4
  • Tam Tam2
  • Temujin
  • Terry3
  • Tira5
  • Vega4
  • Yumeji1
  • Yun-Seong2
  • Yun2
  • Zasalamel4

That was fun. Cross some cards off that list if you want to find a Character that has never seen play. If you want least played, then I probably wasted my time.

Gabe was my first deck ever.

Cross him out.

I still think Maxi3 < Arthur. Arthur could potentially give a sizeable speed boost to a kill card; he could work really well in decks running multiple Midnight Bliss and Henkoyuki, off Life.

Maxi3 ONLY gave speed boosts of +1, and only to weapon attacks , and only if the weapon attack was a 3 difficulty or less. He did give damage boosts, but only a +1, and only to your second and later attacks of a turn. He was designed to run pokes, and poorly. Fei Long3 was MUCH more effective: throw a string of pokes and then Fei Long sends the finisher through.

At any rate, moving onto the list, you can cross off:

• Alex1 - We had a player who built him, and it wasn't that bad.
  • Balrog3 - I run him as an alt in my legacy theme deck, and keep Taunts sideboarded for him.
  • Bishamon3 - I run him as an alt in my Bishamon theme deck, and I'm pretty sure I tried him out. The response negation is better than it looks.
  • Cervantes2&4 - I run them as alts in my purple pirates theme deck, and I've played with both. I once did a tournament where I played as every different version of him over the course of the evening. 2 is better than he looks, but to be honest, they both work best as stackers.
  • Chun-Li1 - I know she saw play back in the day. The damage/speed switch was effective on a few of her cards, especially after boosts. My friend runs her as an alt in his legacy Chun-Li.
  • Dudley1&2 - I ran both of them, and tried both out. Eventually I figured out that just replacing them with Mr. Karate made the deck 5 times better.
  • E. Honda4 - I just put together an E. Honda4/Hugo standard deck last week. I've been playing as Hugo so far, but I'm probably going to switch out to the other fat man the next time I play it. I actually like Honda's theme this time around.
  • Elena2 - I'm running an Elena/T. Hawk legacy deck, and I plan to try her out as soon as I can.
  • Hsien-Ko2 - I run her in a Demitri/Hsien-Ko Life/Chaos theme deck. Tried her out last night. She was fun, though I didn't use her abilities all that often. She is a speed demon.
  • Jedah2 - I keep him as an alt in my lavasharks deck (w/ Rikuo and Pyron), but to be honest I've never liked the character enough to try him out. One of my players might have during a jigs n' reels?
  • M. Bison5&6 - I recently added them to my legacy Bison theme deck. I'll be sure to use them next and let you know how they turn out.
  • Raphael1,2,3,4 - I made a deck (still have it, it's legacy) that was all old-school card clearing, using things like Elementalist, Jumping Knee Strike, Shadow Split, and a fair amount of Raph support. It was fun. I just added Raph4 to the deck, but haven't tried it out.
  • Seth3 - Part of my GenSethSquatch Earth/Good damage reduction theme deck. I like him. I run him as often as the other two. The cool thing about Seth is he is more effective the better the opponent's deck. Really powerful decks run the best cards, even though they only share 1 symbol w/ a chracter. Seth hates on that. He actually does terribly against crappy theme decks.
  • T. Hawk1&2 - My friend Nate _and_ Alex (one of the Game Empire Pas players) had decent T. Hawk reversal decks. One beat the snot out of my Mr. Karate.
  • Yun2 - I run him in my Yun/Yang theme deck. I'm pretty sure I've tried him out. Don't remember what I thought. Speed boosts for everything...

New list (because I can):

Adon2
Akuma4
Alex2
Astaroth5
Billy3
Cammy7
Cassandra1
Chae
Charlie4
Demetri2
Felicia3
Gaira3
Guile2 & 3
Ivy4
Ken1
Kilik1 & 4
Kim
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mai7
Maxima
Mitsurugi3 & 7
Nakoruru3
Ninon1 & 2
Ralf
Rock Howard3
Rose1 & 4
Ryu7
Sakura1 & 2
Talim4
Tam Tam2
Temujin
Terry3
Tira5
Vega4
Yumeji1
Yun-Seong2
Zasalamel4

I wanted the list to be of starting characters that haven't been played, but whatever. I guess if a player kept the option to side into that character, actually did so, and that the character plays a significant part to the deck, then that's barely acceptable lol.

Also, I know that some, at least Temujin, aren't legal, but I don't care unless he will never be legal (please ban ish LotM so that he can be legal). I have two characters picked out that I think might not have seen play, but I can't say them because then someone might build a deck. Don't build a character and call it a deck just to make the list shorter!!!!

Whichever starting Character(s) have never seen play will receive punishment from Mistress Mandy. (whoever she is)

You can cross off Chae, Kilik4, Maxima, Mitsu7, Ralf, Rock, Rose4, Ryu7, Talim4, and Terry3 from that list as well, as I've seen them played before (a few I played myself).

List is shorter getting!!!!

Adon2
Akuma4
Alex2
Astaroth5
Billy3
Cammy7
Cassandra1
Charlie4
Demetri2
Felicia3
Gaira3
Guile2 & 3
Ivy4
Ken1
Kilik1
Kim
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mai7
Mitsurugi3
Nakoruru3
Ninon1 & 2
Rose1
Ryu7
Sakura1 & 2
Tam Tam2
Temujin
Tira5
Vega4
Yumeji1
Yun-Seong2
Zasalamel4

...and both of my picks are still in. 36 contenders remain.

I know someone ran Vega4 over here, and someone has a very amazing Ninon1 deck.

Also, I have run Astaroth5 before. It sucked, but I tried.

Others to cross off The List!

• Ken1 - Back in Premier this Ken was run occasionally, mostly for bling value, along with Shoryureppa, Ken's Tatsumaki, Ken's Hadoken and other Ken-themed cards.
  • Sakura1 & 2 - Yes to both of them, Justin (Goro Daimon) ran them both on occasion.
  • Temujin - Don't think he's legal yet.
  • Yumeji1 - Yes , same player as above, as regen/beatdown.

ctr2yellowbird said:

List is shorter getting!!!!

Adon2
Akuma4
Alex2
Astaroth5
Billy3
Cammy7
Cassandra1
Charlie4
Demetri2
Felicia3
Gaira3
Guile2 & 3
Ivy4
Ken1
Kilik1
Kim
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mai7
Mitsurugi3
Nakoruru3
Ninon1 & 2
Rose1
Ryu7
Sakura1 & 2
Tam Tam2
Temujin
Tira5
Vega4
Yumeji1
Yun-Seong2
Zasamel4

...and both of my picks are still in. 36 contenders remain.

Have Seen:

Akuma4
Cammy 7 - Not Legal for tournament Play.
Charlie 4
Guile 3 - Lost to it at World 07
Mai7 - a Buddy in Singapore is running it currently.
Ninon1 - Turtle ran it for a while, and I used it for people to test against leading up to Kenora.
Temujin - Not yet legal for tournament play.

HELP ME MAKE THE LIST SMALLER!!!!! Pwease....

I thought Cammy would have been legal because she reminds me of 4 or so other characters that are legal. I guess I should take her and Temujin off even though I don't really want to. There's 23 left. Heh, Tam Tam2 is basically an extension of T. Hawk3. XD

Adon2
Alex2
Billy3
Cassandra1
Demetri2
Felicia3
Gaira3
Guile2
Ivy4
Kilik1
Kim
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mitsurugi3
Nakoruru3
Ninon2
Rose1
Ryu7
Tam Tam2
Tira5
Yun-Seong2
Zasalamel4

Both of my picks are still in... and the list is starting to look nice and small.

I've tried Demitri2 once, HOWEVER that was because of a massive brain fart, as I had yet to realize that, y'know, it'd be better to stack Demitri2 on Demitri3. My bad.

However, the deck was played at more than one occasion, for the sake of Vampiric Aura rather than to play a never played character.

you can cross off Felicia3, Nako3 and Tira5 too, i've built them before... Felicia3 with MIA, OAM, load them with momentum and then use Deceptive Look... it was kinda fun... Tira5 i just messed around with Fight for the Future to fuel her E and The Street Life and other damage pumps with high block mods... Nako3 is one of my current decks, using Wind Storm with Nako's E to blow up their foundations along with Beast Hurricane, Soul Piette for the hell of it, and Wind Dance to push all those through. i haven't played it in any local tournaments but i find it kinda fun...

Lets see i have seen:

Alex2: a new player ran him before getting the promo one

Guile2: one of my team mates ran him when set 2 first came out

Ivy4 Blackfiredragon has ran every Ivy due to his fanboy nature and I am pretty sure someone from Team Pacific ran her at one of Canada's bigger tournaments

Kim: I ran him and it was one of my worst decks I have ever built. I am reworking it right now.

Ryu7: A local player made a Ashura Senku deck with him.

Yun Seong: My team mate Tanner ran him because he went through a Yun Seong phase and Tanner loves the earth symbol. Worst part is I am pretty sure he won a tournament with him.

ctr2yellowbird said:

HELP ME MAKE THE LIST SMALLER!!!!! Pwease....

I thought Cammy would have been legal because she reminds me of 4 or so other characters that are legal. I guess I should take her and Temujin off even though I don't really want to. There's 23 left. Heh, Tam Tam2 is basically an extension of T. Hawk3. XD

Adon2
Alex2
Billy3
Cassandra1
Demetri2
Felicia3
Gaira3
Guile2
Ivy4
Kilik1
Kim
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mitsurugi3
Nakoruru3
Ninon2
Rose1
Ryu7
Tam Tam2
Tira5
Yun-Seong2
Zasalamel4

Both of my picks are still in... and the list is starting to look nice and small.

I know ninon2 isn't legal yet, nor does she exist as far as I know.

And the guy in our group with the Maxi fettish ran Yun-Seong2 for a short time between bouts of maxi.

OK, I took Ninon2 off too. There's only 12 left, and now we have a very clear idea of the characters who seem to encourage great disinterest, present too much of a deckbuilding challenge without enough reward, or are just easily forgotten. Of course, I fully expect some players out there to eventually get around to building all of Set 11's characters. I know who's going to build Gaira3. Also, I expect Zasalamel to come off because he's not that terrible.

Adon2
Billy3
Cassandra1
Gaira3
Kilik1
Kyo3
Lien3
Lu Chen
Mitsurugi3
Rose1
Tam Tam2
Zasalamel4

One of my picks, Yun-Seong2, has been shot down. I thought our Maxi player built him, but I wasn't 100% sure. If we were to group the remaining characters together, then my other pick kind of sticks out as different from the rest, which should actually be less apparent to me than 98% of the other UFS players.

HELP WITH LIST CROSSSINGZ!!!!!1!1/

i don't want to break down your fun, but just because a single player in the whole world played a said character once means that its been played. demonio.gif