Sigmar's Heirs the Campaign! Session Reports

By Fenderstat, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hey Guys

A new online/maptools campaign with people from the forums javascript:void(0);/*1317207733617*/ . Were currently playing the fantastic fan scenario "The Ghost of Mondstille by Clive Owen.

Current players are Crazy Aido, Angrydragon, odd and Pollux Polaris with me as GM!

Session 1 report is up with the player Logs coming soon. Watch out for Spoliers!

Check it out and tell me what you think.

Good stuff! Hail Sigmar!

Hey, I think we all have a log up at this stage, and what glorious logs they are! *sticks nose in the air at other player's logs*

Well... I suppose they're only human...

Session 2 is up!! Ghosts secrets and truths revealed!

You can find it here javascript:void(0);/*1318565865070*/

Let me know what you think!! Your advice and opinions are more than welcome

Session 3 is up! Check it out here javascript:void(0);/*1321949277099*/

Welcome cd8man as Brieg the commoner!

This session was basically one big fight with the Pc's emerging victorious (of course!) . Special credit goes to Brieg for defeating six goblins armed only with a superior quality broomstick and because of this now I know why the empire survives! If the farmers are this tough i'd hate to see the soldiers!

This was also played awhile ago but I took a while to write the report :(

Better write another letter to the cousin so...

Fenderstat said:

Were currently playing the fantastic fan scenario "The Ghost of Mondstille by Clive Owen.

Looks like fun. I was wondering what Clive Owen had got up to since Children of Men.

New adventure "Carrion Call" from plundered vaults!

Session 1 is here

Anierra and Ricknar were absent so a skeleton crew of Klaus and Brieg played through the adventure. We wrapped up our previous adventure rather well and this session was mostly travel between place to place with the group gtting cauggt out overnight in the snow. Out of all the resilience rolls this session both of our toughness 5 characters (one with resilience trained) failed all of them and they weren't even hard! Looks like mother nature always wins against these so called "tough types". Get hit buy a sword no problem, get a little cold and game over! Good times!

Wow... Somewhat glad I wasn't available now! T:3 does not lend itself well to exposure...

Carrion Call Session 2 is up!

Check it out here

Skeleton crew of Klaus and Ricknar played through this one. Awkward dinner? Spiteful siblings? Undead butlers? Yes please!

Carrion Call Session 3!

Check it out here

All hands on deck for this one. Brieg however was late and suspiciously showed up right after the boss fight and all the hard work was done. Coincidence? I think not gran_risa.gif

nicely done I think this was my favorite session to date aplauso.gif Hail Sigmar

Damnit Klaus, stop killing randomers! Really!

Though I can't reeeeeeally talk, leaving Ricknar to entertain the zombies with his ever-so-tasty flesh...

Carrion Call session 4 is up!

Check it out here

Brieg and Klaus played through this one with Anierra and Ricknar AWOL. A fun session, had to post pone Sothelin's arrival as he would have destroyed the two pcs so I introduced Jonah instead as a pleasant surprise. Sothelin will retreat to his lair with his undead niece to plot the death of the player characters in the future, while not as clever as his father he is more straightforward and arguably more dangerous (as he is not content to study in isolation). That was the last session of carrion call, now we move onto "Revenant" by Emrikol in Liber Fanatica 7, a nice write up with a high level approach that can take you from 3 to 8 sessions depending on how developed you make it. PS no chaos cults! Woooh! Check it out guys it's good (except for my players, don't check it out until after we have played it)

Wait, what? I thought we were doing edge of night? Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Am I going to have to assassinate half the church of Sigmar? Is that it? Don't you think I won't (try) Dan, don't for a second think I won't (fail miserably in said attempt).

Crazy Aido said:

Wait, what? I thought we were doing edge of night? Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Am I going to have to assassinate half the church of Sigmar? Is that it? Don't you think I won't (try) Dan, don't for a second think I won't (fail miserably in said attempt).

If I have made you hate someone that you want to kill him and his entire cult I have succeeded as a gm! Hooray for racial and gender discrimination!

Gentle Cousin

Wonder upon glorious wonder, we appear to have stumbled upon several upright buildings and humans to inhabit them. Truly this young race are masters of civilisation. I can’t wait to see what they do when they develop functioning plumbing. Really, I mean that. See if you can send an engineer.

I think perhaps the people of the Empire have been greviously misled into thinking that they can control international trade lanes with their most prominent export. In many cases this might work but unfortunately the Empire’s chief export appears to be batshit insanity. Raving lunatics wander the streets and appear to make sweeping judgements that everyone else seems to think is a really good idea. I’m not sure who is more insane here, the ones that want to torch people for fidgeting at sermons or the unhygenic masses for not barbequing them on their own pyres. They want to burn a whole family on the basis of guilt by association.

Ghosts, cousin. Or, to be precise, more ghosts. Truly the walking dead seem to regard us as the highlight of their social calender and never fail to drop by for a cup of tea and biscuit. This is also how we met our first proper witch hunter, verily I see the path of destiny laid out before Klaus and so do I hope he accelerates to the stage of being a windowlicking simpleton long before he reaches a position of authority.

I can’t watch this happen cousin, I won’t allow it to happen. Something has to be done to save those children before those domineering sycophants have their way. I have a feeling there is a delicate game I can play here. But I fear the consequences.

Oh yes, darling cousin, beloved of my relatives and closest of my kin. Next time you decide to suggest I go to the land of the knuckledragging dungmonkeys, try to point out if there are any members of that family I’ve been attempting to give a wide berth to. You know. The reason I took up such self imposed exile in the first place. They are here. All the second rate worthless burgs in this goblin’s tea party of a country and they have to set up a trading outpost in mine. Them…and their wine. Oh dear sweet poorly represented Elven Gods it’s GLORIOUS. I’ve had two glasses and I’m already starting to have second thoughts. I have little doubt that thirty seconds in a room with the vacuous spastic will change my mind, but **** if it isn’t tempting.

Just a little taster of adventures from the point of view of everyone's favourite genderless swordmaster.(though not for much longer it would seem. Stupid sauna.)

Revenant Session 1 is up!

Check it out here

Full crew on board!

Q: What's the first thing you do when you meet a witch hunter?

A: Not cast magic dart

No no no!

The correct answer is: Cast magic dart with a proscribed book in your backpack.

Revenant Session 2 is up!

Check it out here

We got a new player, don't know if he has a handle on these forums but he is a long time lurker. So introducing the somewhat alcoholic aging pistolier Lord Fredrich Nöbbelmeis von Baumenrauch

Lots and investigating in this one, with actual plot relevant results. Good job team!

Horay for being able to address Annierra by her actual gender! Huzzah! No more frantic checking my own writing! Gleeeeeeeee!

Now I just need to get out of my slutty dress and I'm happy.

Revenant Session 3 is up!

Check it out here

Investigation wise we barely managed anything this session. What we did achieve was some major character development for PC Anierra and her back story is now fully laid out for the players. (not their characters) And for you guys of course.

We also confirmed her gender finally in rather amusing circumstances (it was more of a joke played by us to keep the other players guessing). So if you want to get the full picture on Anierra the swordsmaster below are the hyperlinks which reveals her.

Who said swordsmasters had no personality anyway?

Main log detailing her history

Bad guy who had involvements in her past

Anierra herself where you can find logs written by her by her player Crazy Aido

Wooooooooo! *plug plug*

Give the girl her due. She does have an ok background. Now... Whatever is she going to do about this delicate situation that has arisen?

Revenant - Session 4 is up!

Check it out here

Looks like my sleeper plot seed expertly planted last adventure has reared it's ugly head and now it is forcing the party apart. Could that be what the evil book of spells wants? Meanwhile the more they plod along with this book the quicker unseen forces complete their nefarious goals elsewhere. Mwhahahaha!!! Drama!

Seriously last session without a doubt was the most fun I've had GMing. Watching my players take the story line bait and then tearing each other apart because of it.

Now. I didn't trick these guys into it, I don't take huge pleasure in making fools of players, these dare I say expert role players took the bait in name of conflict, of development, of story. The players involved knew this book was bad news to begin with but they took it not because they wanted to, but their characters wanted to. I literally did nothing for almost twenty minutes while they role played an amazing argument with such conviction, it was the most compelling and dynamic thing I've listened to in weeks across all forms of media, and the fact that I could lay the foundation for the expert "actors" to play their roles truly makes rpg's one of the most compelling hobbies in existence.

Well done team, more proof that winning in roleplaying games is creating a story, not creating success.

I'm also gathering (by gathering I mean drawing) quite the collection of NPCs from the Edge of Night. Feel free to use them in your campaigns.

So far the following have reared their heads in my adventure

Gunter Emming - High Priest of Sigmar

Lorith Silverleaf - High Elf Envoy for the Pheonix King

Schadrach Burke - Chief Priest of Morr

Andrea Pfeffer - (I called her Pfieffer because I like that name better) - Guard Captain

FINALLY MANAGED TO DODGE SOMETHING I AM SO HAPPY I CAN'T PUT A SENTENCE TOGETHER PROPERLY BANANA.