WFRP Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II

By neilgfoster, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Yep its now working for me.

Maybe was a network issue eariler today?

Works for me too. That 1.5 looks really neat. Awesome work!

Hi All,

I have now released v1.5 of the ruleset. This release introduces a few new features and resolved a number of issues introduced with the release of Fantasy Grounds v3.0. See the OP for details.

Hi there.

I’ve just recently purchased Fantasy Grounds on Steam. The main intention of mine being to play WFRP3 or other editions. I can see instructions for how and where to do it if I was running the non steam version. However, it seems that those instructions do not apply to the Steam version. Unless i’m missing something. I also notice that there’s paid DLC for various systems but no mention of WFRP. So what’s the deal? Have I dropped a clanger by buying the Steam version rather than simply buying the regular software from the fantasy grounds website?

Edited by Noelyuk

I don't have access to the Steam version of Fantasy Grounds, but I believe that my ruleset should work fine with as there is no real difference between the two.

Download the latest version of the ruleset (see my signature). This file needs to be placed in the 'rulesets' folder of the Fantasy Grounds data directory.

To find the Fantasy Grounds data directory, run Fantasy Grounds. In the top right corner of the main window you will see a small folder button - click this and the data directory will be opened in windows explorer. You can now copy the files into the correct locations. Restart Fantasy Grounds and you should now see WFRP v3 as an option when creating a new campaign.

If you get stuck, PM me and I will help all that I can.

Guys

Thanks for all the help with this. I've finally got it working. I had an issue with the WFRP .pak file being renamed with extension (1) thus it didn't work. All sorted now, so i'm just playing around with Fantasy Grounds and hoping to familiarize myself with it enough that I can get a game up and running.

I'm impressed with the speed and helpfulness of this community and looking forward to swapping gaming tips :)

Noely

The work performed on that ruleset is absolutely astonishing, very well done Neil. I noticed that this thread as been quiet for some time now, i hope you still have interest into developing that ruleset. It would be a shame to see such a great work abandoned.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but can you add a token to a player sheet? I've tried and can't make it work. Thanks!

If you mean adding a profile pic to your character sheet then yes you can. You need to add the desired photo to the 'portraits' section first. Then you or a GM can select the photo and double click it to add it to your player token. If that makes sense.

My portraits aren't showing up in the game. I even made a "portraits" folder in the campaign folder and nothing.

I have released a new version of the ruleset which addresses a couple of bugs raised by the community. See the original post for details.

My portraits aren't showing up in the game. I even made a "portraits" folder in the campaign folder and nothing.

To get portraits working with this ruleset, you need to include your portrait images in the 'Portraits' folder of the FG2 data directory. When connecting as a player, you should now be able to open the portrait selection window and drag a portrait to your character icon at the top.

Note that dragging tokens to your character does not work for portraits - FG2 handles portraits and tokens differently, so I cannot create a portrait from a token.

Hope that makes sense.

Awesome Job Neil

And like a good pint of Guinness. "All good things come to those who wait." smile.png

I've tested (the party talent slots - not sure what else you've tinkered with) and it works great. From myself and my group who get tons of enjoyment out of your ruleset each and every weekend a huge thanks. But wait don't run off into the wilderness for another year or two. Stick around and bask in the glory and adoration of your faithful fans smile.png And whatever you do. DO NOT move house again! Heh heh

Seriously tho. Cheers Again.

Noely

Is the file now an Exe?

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Okay someone linked me a pak file

I ran the installer, which file do I choose to upgrade? My WFRP v3.pak file doesnt show up

Edited by poopgrinder

You don't need the installer if you already have FG installed. Once you've downloaded the file from Neil's page here .

Then just copy the WFRP v3.pak file into the FG Rulesets folder and Voila. "Bob's your Antie's live in lover :)"

Simple! :)

Ahh ok, thanks

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before (hell, maybe even by me!) but how do I give players tokens? I haven't been able to figure it out (again?) Thanks

Poopgrinder.

If you follow the explanation in Neil's post #212 you should be able to figure things out. I think the main problem you're having is confusing tokens (which are specific to creatures and NPC's) with portraits which are specific to your players and are completely separate. Basically you need to have saved the pic you require in the portraits folder and then with the player character sheet open and from the profiles menu drag the portrait you require over. It can take a second or two to register the change but it DOES work providing the pic you want is showing up in the portraits window at first.

Give it a try.

Noely

Edited by Noelyuk

To get a player token. The player can drag their portrait from the top of the screen (their character sheet) onto the map, it makes a character icon on the map.

Can someone help me? I can't seem to add characters to the party sheet? It's being really annoying, can someone give me an idea of how to do it? I can't drag images over, nothing happens, I can't seem to add any characters to the sheet.

You don't add characters to the party sheet. The party sheet stays in play on top left of screen and Players can refer to it, to see what bonuses talents etc apply to all their characters. You can drag actions and talents to the party sheet but not characters

Yep, thanks for the input. Figured out how to do what I wanted! Sorry for having a knicker fit.