Storage solution

By Pusherman, in Talisman

I thought I would share my storage solution for Talisman and all its current expansions as it may be of use to someone.

All the boxes are 'Really Useful' boxes and can be bought for about £20-25 in total. I got mine from Hobbycraft

11 litre XL (x1)

1.5 litre (x1)

0.3 litre (x8)

0.07 litre (x6)

Basically all the instructions go in the bottom of the box, all the adventure cards go in the 1.5 litre box, then the other cards go in the 0.3 litre boxes (The Highland, The Dungeon, Spells, Warlock Quests, Purchase/Treasure cards and Talisman/Warlock Rewards).

Miniatures go in the other two 0.3 litre boxes and Strength/Craft/Life/Gold/Fate/Dice go in the 0.07 litre boxes.

The gameboards go on top of these then you can put the lid on, there you go all nicely packed and still room left for expansion.

Make sure it is the 11 litre XL box as the normal 11 litre one you can't get the boards on top and shut it.

Chris

1.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg

Nice solution!

I have been championing "Really Useful Boxes" since I found them, but prefer to stick with the original box (or boxes) to store them in.

I have been looking at the 1.5 litre boxes for Adventure cards as I still have mine in 2 (or 3 sleeved) smaller ones. I am still to make my mind up on sleeving and to see if they might be rather unwieldy in the larger box.

I suspect though that after the Dragon is here and subsequent expansions arrive, I will need rather more room anyway, so may go for a new box approach like you have.

I just hope the dragon expansion isn't going to overwhelm the briefcase I've been using to store all the current editions. I think it will still work but those 300 cards might almost top out the room allotted for cards.

I went with the Really Useful Boxes as well. For those of us on the USA side of the pond, I got all of mine at Office Depot. I got a bunch of different colors so that I can tell at a glance what is in each box.

Very nice set up. I use some of the smaller boxes around the house. Have never seen the long narrow one you're using for the Adventure deck. Might be a bit much with set out on the board, but that's one I do have to take a look at. Too bad my local Office Depot is tiny and lame... will have to look online.

I have ordered the 0.07 Litre boxes in Transparent red, blue, orange, yellow, green & purple for my cones (as some people might know I use orange cones for fate, yellow cones for gold & purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

Ell.

will it be enough to store Dragon exp as well in your box Pusherman? I can see that online order in Europe/NL is working for this here: www.boxenvankees.nl

Can anyone suggest this solution for Warhammer 3rd RPG (if anyone from here plays it)

cheers!

talismanamsilat said:

(as some people might know I use ...purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

As a quick off-topic, do you designate them for Strength and Craft, or are they free to be used either way, as in 3E?

There is plenty of room for more cards in the 0.3 litre boxes, or tokens as you can fit in quite a few more of the 0.07 litre boxes. There is also room for the Dragon board to go on top as well.

JCHendee said:

talismanamsilat said:

(as some people might know I use ...purple cones for experience for defeating creatures other than Enemies).

As a quick off-topic, do you designate them for Strength and Craft, or are they free to be used either way, as in 3E?

They are designated Strength and Craft according to what you defeated them on. If you defeat the Farmer (Strength 3), you get 3 cones which you place with your Strength trophies (or next to your Strength cones if you have no trophies of that type). Purple cones cannot be split apart, as each creature has its own amount of cones!

Ell.

nice. need to order a package :D

talismanamsilat said:

They are designated Strength and Craft ... Purple cones cannot be split apart, as each creature has its own amount of cones!

Got it... the tournament report makes more sense now, too.

Just wanted to thank you for this tip. Just got my boxes today.

Anyone using these boxes for other games? If so which games and which boxes are you using??

I just ordered box for Warhammer 3ed Role Play. Waiting for it so I will post my photos in a week.

So far, storage solution for Talisman presented by @talismanamsilat@ is my storage solution as well. Same combination.
You even have one 0.3l box free for future solutions

All 3 full copies of my Talisman are now packed nicely in really useful boxes ready for UK Games Expo!

Ell.

Hi guys,

I know a lot of people are looking for alternative storage solutions as the Talisman original boxes suck (art work etc is flawless, but for storage and carrying around to friends house they're awful).

So I wanted to share with you my new storage solution, I can fit the whole Talisman 4th edition along with all expansions (all the big ones and the small ones to date) and with some room to spare for further expansions!

These kind of suitcases can be found in most shops that sell System Cameras as they are meant to store expensive equipment there. The suitcase is shock-resistant and made of sturdy materials on the outside but has a soft foam-like interior that are modular so you can shape it anyway you like. I really like this solutions cause its cheap and easy to transport and can take a beating so to speak without damaging my precious boardgames. The suitcase cost me about 20 USD.

7570309710_38e887a308_c.jpg

7570310050_74d7fa8b3c_c.jpg

7570310514_9d47772cd2_c.jpg

Interesting option, Allawi. I like the internal adaptability therein. I don't haul my games around, so it's probably not for me, and I prefer separate component/deck based storage that works tableside as well. Still, this is a neat notion I've never seen before.

Great Job!

I finaly got better pictures of my set-up:

pic2349657_lg.jpg

The long green tray is holding the adventure cards, although this is not all the cards available. I am fairly certain you can get them all in the long tray even sleeved, which I have.

You can also notice, especially in the green tray, an idea I got from a friend, to slide in some cardboard to separate or hold cards up. I have several in the long white tray but since the tray and cardboard are both white it is harder to notice.

These trays are 3 for only $1.

The Dollar Tree were out for several months but just restocked them. As my friends wanted to do this as well, and it took awhile for me to get enough for all 3 of us. And yes there are different colors. They tend to stock 2 colors, but on restock, they had a different blue and had white, previously they had dark blue and green. My friends have more expensive taste than me and still like these, although one friend wasn't convinced until he saw them in play how handy they are.

I more recently found another container at the DollarTree that holds smaller decks real well. Which you see to the left and right. You only get 2 of these for a dollar. I also use these to store my Talisman dice, and when I set-up I dump the dice and put in the cards. They work awesome for smaller decks.

Here is another pic of a basic set-up with these card trays:

pic2349661_lg.jpg

As you can also see, I can, and do, stack the spells deck vertically in one of the trays as well.

BTW, the set-up for Talisman is on 2 fold up tables I bought at Sam's Club. Plenty of room, and the board is not centered as I do for playing.

Edited by DomaGB

Nice.

I am able to easily fit everything into 2 of the large boxes. This includes every official expansion to date, Timescape(homebrew) and an extra firelands added in....

I have everything sleeved and each deck separated into its own ziploc bag and each different part in its own ziploc bag too.

I made card towers out of 1/8" balsa wood for most of the decks. They are similar to the likes of the tower in carcassonne. I made them so the cards fit well with sleeves and to the proper height of the deck; some have extra dividers and the main deck is front and back since their are so many cards. I spray painted them all black and then printed the card backs on sticker paper to stick on each tower so you can easily tell which is which.

For all the tokens and such I, like DobaGB, went to dollar tree. I acquired prep bowls/dip bowls that are colored for the proper tokens(green, red, blue, yellow and white. I use an old dice bag for the dragon tokens.

I am in the process of trying to acquire another board from the dragon expansion. I want to cut each space individually and form an ascending tower. With the empty space underneath make all the card slots so they are easily accessible in the center of the table from all sides. When I finish this I will be sure to take pictures......

Visited the Dollar Tree today, and discovered they had those little containers seen in my picture to hold the smaller decks that are colored. The Dollar Tree has different items on sale based on season. This must be one of those. So instead of just clear, they have red, green, and purple. So I will use a green one to hold green dice, and then the Woodland deck, and so on.