Expansion wish list

By bluecrane, in Death Angel

I am umptillionth person who supports more PoD expansions. Does FFG see these? Bought this game and PoDs, and I hunger for more.

Wish fulfilled! Thanks FFG. Keep printing these out and I will keep buying.

The new Tyranid expansion sounds like it's going to be great. This'll make one of my favorite games even better.

Geistwandler said:

There were already nice ideas by previous posts but I have also some interesting ideas by myself.

1. More Location/Terrain cards with encounter features

2. Different Space Marine Chapters like Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, etc.

3. Equipment cards (besides Support Tokens) to gain different equipment for your Terminators like Armour Plating (more Hitpoints), Weapon Target Systems (increase Range for attacking), First Aid Kit (revive a dead Space Marine), etc.

4. A campaign mode

There are tons of new options to increase the depth of this already awsome game. I am sure FFG will do a good job for the future.

Yeah, I second that. Additionally, a team white is a missing color. I would like to see a paladin or white-knight look.

Chaos marines or a chaos marine boss would be really sweet. New event deck that can create new terrains that come with the expansion deck (i.e. "Hidden Room").

Lastly, plague zombies would be awesome, all having a special ability that if a space marine is slain by a particular swarm attack, then spawn a special Zombie Space Marine with the swarm, making it more tough and lethal.

You know, this might be slightly off topic, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Space Marine card game in the same vein Battleground: Fantasy Warfare series of cards. Basically miniatures in card form in the battlefield.

I'd say more teams is something l'd like to see. However, to avoid "power creep", I'd say the new teams would need to replace existing 8 teams. Maybe 8 new teams, each from different Chapters making up a "Deathwatch" expansion?

As for Enemies and Missions I would like to see an alternate Chaos Mission pack with all new chaos-flavored location cards and a deck of Chaos Space Marines instead of Genestealers.

Polaria said:

I'd say more teams is something l'd like to see. However, to avoid "power creep", I'd say the new teams would need to replace existing 8 teams. Maybe 8 new teams, each from different Chapters making up a "Deathwatch" expansion?

As for Enemies and Missions I would like to see an alternate Chaos Mission pack with all new chaos-flavored location cards and a deck of Chaos Space Marines instead of Genestealers.

Yeah, I agree with all that you have said.

Agreed on the Campaign rules, that would be great. Especially with experience, maybe equipment upgrades.

I'd like a larger expansion, perhaps a second standalone box set, with Orks and their Roks. They seem to infest hulks and the star lanes, and having a separate box set would allow for a second rulebook and such.

A collector's tin would also be neat, one that could hold the core game plus expansions and have cases/bags for the different types of cards, and more dice (perhaps one of each team color) for the fanciness).

Uncle Kulikov said:

Agreed on the Campaign rules, that would be great. Especially with experience, maybe equipment upgrades.

I'd like a larger expansion, perhaps a second standalone box set, with Orks and their Roks. They seem to infest hulks and the star lanes, and having a separate box set would allow for a second rulebook and such.

A collector's tin would also be neat, one that could hold the core game plus expansions and have cases/bags for the different types of cards, and more dice (perhaps one of each team color) for the fanciness).

I am almost finished with the THQ Space Marine game and I think that would be a great idea: plus playing that game helped me visualize what some of these areas look like on the Space Hulk because of the underground labs in the video game. Personally, I would like to see too the Chaos Marines and how sometimes the marines can be "turned".

Also, I would like to see a new faction/squad of Space Marines with new ability cards. They come with same colors but different details to show who is space marine "red team" and who is new faction/squad "red team". Still need a team white (and the red marine cards look too much orange already).

Question: are we playing with regular Space Marines or Ultramarines? If not Ultramarines, they could make the new squad that, making the game easier but the cards used acknowledge the power creep, so die hard fans of the preset hard difficulty can still use old teams or a mix between old and new, and friends who hate this game because they haven't won yet can return with stronger guys! ... I hear a distant series of "boos" coming on...

Tromdial said:

Question: are we playing with regular Space Marines or Ultramarines? If not Ultramarines, they could make the new squad that, making the game easier but the cards used acknowledge the power creep, so die hard fans of the preset hard difficulty can still use old teams or a mix between old and new, and friends who hate this game because they haven't won yet can return with stronger guys! ... I hear a distant series of "boos" coming on...

The marines in this game are from the Blood Angels chapter, they have a more glorious background than the Ultramarines. My problem with the game is when I don't make any mistakes, but I still lose due to dice. Like when there is nothing that could be done differently, and still the game is over. I don't think power creep will be an issue, but I haven't played with the expansions yet so....Ill hold my tongue.

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

The marines in this game are from the Blood Angels chapter, they have a more glorious background than the Ultramarines. My problem with the game is when I don't make any mistakes, but I still lose due to dice. Like when there is nothing that could be done differently, and still the game is over. I don't think power creep will be an issue, but I haven't played with the expansions yet so....Ill hold my tongue.

Fluffwise the Ultramarines are regular marines. Infact they are the essence of regular marines, a sort of "baseline" against which the less-regular ones are compared...

Anyway, I recently tested the combat teams and the enemy expansions and the only power creep I have noticed is the reverse one considering enemy. The two new combat teams (Chaplain and Cyclone) are, IMO, balanced against the original ones but the enemy expansion (red location cards and adrenal genestealers) is considerably harder than basic set. It is beatable, but, IMO, it is the "hard mode". Tyranids expansion, however, seems to be on the same level with original game. Different, yes, but not harder.

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

Fluffwise the Ultramarines are regular marines. Infact they are the essence of regular marines, a sort of "baseline" against which the less-regular ones are compared...

Anyway, I recently tested the combat teams and the enemy expansions and the only power creep I have noticed is the reverse one considering enemy. The two new combat teams (Chaplain and Cyclone) are, IMO, balanced against the original ones but the enemy expansion (red location cards and adrenal genestealers) is considerably harder than basic set. It is beatable, but, IMO, it is the "hard mode". Tyranids expansion, however, seems to be on the same level with original game. Different, yes, but not harder.

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

Uncle Kulikov said:

Tromdial said:

idk how, but for whatever reasons I find the Tyranid deck to be easier than the genestealer deck (and statistically, tyranids ARE harder). So far, I've played 5 games and haven't lost yet against Tyranids.

thanks for the info on space marines, ultramarines, and death angels

I was thinking about a few other ideas as well:

1) Battle for Beta Anphelion IV (Red Scorpions versus Tyranids)

2) Lone Wolves Graphic Novel (Space Wolves versus Tyranids) - a more ambitious project, I know, but may well be a lot of fun!

Comments, anyone?

bluecrane said:

I was thinking about a few other ideas as well:

1) Battle for Beta Anphelion IV (Red Scorpions versus Tyranids)

2) Lone Wolves Graphic Novel (Space Wolves versus Tyranids) - a more ambitious project, I know, but may well be a lot of fun!

Comments, anyone?

Wish I knew more about those. Just wanted to report that again statistically Tyranids should be whipping Space Marines all over, but I've played a dozen games against them and I am still undefeated, with friends or solo. Still give major props to Tyranid expansion. Can't wait to fight something else one day.

loken14 said:

i was thinkin and this is prolly a bad idea but a apothecary terminator and a tech marine terminator the tech marine could be useful but maybe powerin up support tokens like place 2 support token for each support or the like and the apothecary could revive fallen marines of non defeated combat team wit his support like remove x amount of support from apothecary ______ then roll a die if u roll lower than x the space marine is succesfully revived either way discard all support tokens

Talk about having a crystal ball! Nice predictions!

ordered mine today, if it is even 1/2 as good as the nids expansion then it is going to be awesome....

I know the game is kinda of limited in a way to Space Hulk.. but i would like to see expansions that move beyond the original scope of the game... lets have a elder pack, and <drool> necron pack. The core gameplay dosn't need to change.. maybe some new rules per race as the swarming aspect wouldn't fit... but yeah.. that is what I want in a expansion... some more of the 40K staples...

I would like to see a new version of the 30 EVENT cards that have been guiding us through all of the expansions. The same 30 cards dictate the overall pace/tempo of the game. the new methods of dealing with a threat and the new endgame is amazing, but perhaps some new threats along the way. Perhaps a POD with a new set of 30 NEW event cards to produce new events within the game. Not just new reactions. I do also like the idea of other sets of chapter specific POD's, perhaps a DEATHWATCH kill-team will be next.

Kill an Angel said:

I would like to see a new version of the 30 EVENT cards that have been guiding us through all of the expansions. The same 30 cards dictate the overall pace/tempo of the game. the new methods of dealing with a threat and the new endgame is amazing, but perhaps some new threats along the way. Perhaps a POD with a new set of 30 NEW event cards to produce new events within the game. Not just new reactions. I do also like the idea of other sets of chapter specific POD's, perhaps a DEATHWATCH kill-team will be next.

That's what I was just telling my friend last week is what is missing. I am about sure that is what is in development next. Just makes sense to get some new Event cards.

I want Space Wolves and an Inquisitor! But not together. Inquisitor would probably consider Wolves to be heretics, especially if he caught em at chow time.

Adding more different Chapters might be great for fans of a specific chapter but I would prefer other expansions, especially more terrain, more locations and more events.

Orks are a nice idea and well fitiing since Orks use space hulks for traveling to a new planet to raid.

There was an Eldar expansion for Space Crusade and official rules for using Eldar and Space Hulk. I would like to see that in Death Angel as well.

My personal wishlist would be: Grey Knights Team, Space Wolves Team, Eldar Team, an Apothecary Terminator would be a nice teammate. Space Marines in Power Armour. Maybe this will come in Space Marine Pack 2, and ofc more Missions which will likely come in Missions Pack 2. I think it may be likely to be released Pack 2´s since 1´s have come. And I wouldn´t mind seeing pack with Tau Teams being released.

I might as well add 1 more wish here: Release an Exclusive Space Hulk Death Angel Collector Tin Box Set which contains a cool Gaming Mat, exclusive Card Sleeves for all cards (both Core and Expansions), and a new set/pack of gaming cards. And ofc enough room to store all the cards inside the tin box.