Expansion wish list

By bluecrane, in Death Angel

As this has to do with Space Hulk, it is one of the few games for which I am willing to part with extra money for expansions!

My wish list would be:

1) Typhus / Red Plague / zombie-themed one

2) Tau

3) Slaanesh-themed one

Any other wish lists out there?

Regards,

bluecrane

Ewww on those. Only thing more bland and boring than Tau in 40K are Necrons bostezo.gif .

Zombies in outer space - what's not to like? happy.gif

bluecrane said:

Zombies in outer space - what's not to like? happy.gif

Dead Space Munchkin ( Star Munchkin & Munchkin Zombies ). It's a perfect combination! gui%C3%B1o.gif

*I know this is so off topic , but I just had to.

I'd like to see Orks and Eldar as well. This game have such potential, it's possible to do pretty much anything to improve this game.

That game needs simple and effective expansions that would not drastically change the game system. Both existing expansions were small, but packed a lot of punch.

Quite simply, I would like to see Mission pack 2 and space marine pack 2... 2 new teams, new terrains with activation abilities, new location for more variety, more event cards and a new enemy type that is spawned like the brood lords or adrenal genestealers (maybe chaos space marines that would also have an attack range).

I agree. I'd like to see themed Space Marine expansions, so for example the Space Wolf one would be an entirely new pack of teams- you could do the same for Deathwatch.

As for mission packs I'd like to see some more encounter cards to mix with the main deck.

- Space Wolf Marine

- Deathwatch Marine

- Dreadnaught

- Orcs

- Maybe some more scenarios, may be even shorter, but more intensive

One more thing - Grey Knight.

Yes,

Grey Knights vs. Daemonettes / Bloodletters, and so on.

I really do hope to see more expansions! happy.gif

Add a campaign mode.

Transfer surviving marines to next mission. Use scoring points to purchase support tokens etc..

I'm sure, based on what FFG has already done with the expansions, that they will do good things with future expansions. I do love both expansions. I do really enjoy seeing more terrain cards and locations most though.

Yes add a campaign mode, it would be awesome !

Nellistos said:

Add a campaign mode.

Transfer surviving marines to next mission. Use scoring points to purchase support tokens etc..

Surviving marines would mean I'd start the next mission with no marines.

+1 for the campaign mode from me

I'd like to see a whole expansion pack dedicated to encounter cards. I think they could do some interesting things with the scenarios, terrain, and add more plot by spicing up the encounter cards. Written the right way, they wouldn't change of any of the core rules.

A new mission pack would also be very welcome. Funny thing is, I don't feel that the game needs any new space marines. The ones we have now pretty much cover all the bases. I'm afraid that any new space marines would be power creep.

The big question is, does anyone have any idea when a new expansion pack will be released? Has FFG said anything about it?

i was thinkin and this is prolly a bad idea but a apothecary terminator and a tech marine terminator the tech marine could be useful but maybe powerin up support tokens like place 2 support token for each support or the like and the apothecary could revive fallen marines of non defeated combat team wit his support like remove x amount of support from apothecary ______ then roll a die if u roll lower than x the space marine is succesfully revived either way discard all support tokens

Are the existing expansions only available as print-on-demand?

I believe that they are. However over here in the UK I managed to order some directly from a games shop. I ordered from Leisure Games. I'm not associated with them, just a customer.

Imperial Guard Vs. Flayed Ones? An abandoned bunker? Cue the ambient music, the sound of cold metal dragged along rusted corridor floors? Trapped in the trenches? Anyone think this sounds bitchin'?

For my expansion wishlist I'd like more teams. Some of them don't mix very well, does anyone know what expansion I should get?

And what's the zombies?

Ignatz_Von_Zwakh said:

Imperial Guard Vs. Flayed Ones? An abandoned bunker? Cue the ambient music, the sound of cold metal dragged along rusted corridor floors? Trapped in the trenches? Anyone think this sounds bitchin'?

Sounds awesome in terms of flavor and thematics.

However, the Marines die way too easy in the game already, I can't imagine how squishy Imp Guard would have to be. If they died by the same statistics as the current marines, it'd make terminator armor a big joke. So it'd probably only work as another standalone game using similar mechanics, not really as a compatible expansion.

Personally, I'd like to see more going on in the blip piles. When I first got the game, it was a bit of a bummer that the only difference between blips was what symbols they moved on. I'd love to see a few GS hybrids, or other Tyranid nasties in the piles, with some "comes into play" abilities or simple active powers. Nothing terribly complicated, but just a little different to spice it up.

Even if you just kept it genestealers, there could be a few blip cards intended to play up that they are indeed just "blips on a scanner" until you can confirm them visually. So you could have a card that's not a stealer, but just a sensor anomaly, and is discarded upon being drawn. Then, to compensate for that, you'd have cards that when they come into play either make you spawn another genestealer at their location, or cause you to put another couple blips in the smallest blip pile, etc. Of course, this would further ramp up the random elements of a game that is already largely dominated by luck, but I think it might be fun and kinda cool.

There were already nice ideas by previous posts but I have also some interesting ideas by myself.

1. More Location/Terrain cards with encounter features

2. Different Space Marine Chapters like Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, etc.

3. Equipment cards (besides Support Tokens) to gain different equipment for your Terminators like Armour Plating (more Hitpoints), Weapon Target Systems (increase Range for attacking), First Aid Kit (revive a dead Space Marine), etc.

4. A campaign mode

There are tons of new options to increase the depth of this already awsome game. I am sure FFG will do a good job for the future.

I really like this idea!

Nellistos said:

Add a campaign mode.

I really like this idea.

(and I really hate these forums)