Texas Throwdown (UFS Regional - May 22-23rd)

By Nubian_God, in UFS Fan Announcements

Eithinis said:

Hey man, i'll probably be in texas around the time, so i'll make sure to bring my cards and try to make it ;) Had a lot of fun a few years back when I came down there.

How's it going, man? It'd be great if you could come and bring some of that Southern Comfort playstyle!

Yeah ofcourse man ;) things are going great except for finals week shaving a few years off of my life from stress, haha, but that's bound to happen. How's the playgroup been since i last went by?

I might have to make a legacy gief for it just for ol times.

When does your playgroup meet usually, by the way? I'll probably be around for a month or two, it'd be kinda nice to chill with another playgroup for a lil.

Our playgroup's on the upswing right now, with an average turnout of 6-7 (we've seen 12-13 a couple of times). Lots of new faces, and they're quickly picking up on it and growing some teeth. =O

But yeah, we're still meeting up every Sunday. If you're ever curious, you can just check out the Dallas/Ft Worth thread. Unless there's some freak accident, we'll be there. Hang in there for finals!

Hey nubian god im pretty sure im going too come as long as nothing hits the fan . I will talk too you more about this when you come down too the SCC in 2 weeks.

Oh the texas group is making it to SCC? I should see you guys there :D

Eithinis said:

Oh the texas group is making it to SCC? I should see you guys there :D

I know Nubian god is going megagesse might should know in a week or so how many of the SC guys is going BTW?

I'm not the one organizing this exactly, Perry is, i know a few of us (myself included) are trying to scrounge up some cash for it, so I can get to you on this.

Eithinis said:

I'm not the one organizing this exactly, Perry is, i know a few of us (myself included) are trying to scrounge up some cash for it, so I can get to you on this.

Alright cool I think he said at first it was a 11 now its more like 6 people which blows but oh well were just glad too have you guys .

And to anyone coming to the regional - feel free to stick around for Sunday, which is our regular UFS day.

The official title for Sunday's event is "Texas Throwdown After-Party", sooo...yeah.

And we always end up going somewhere afterward and grabbing something to eat/playing video games/whatever.

DO IT.

MegaGeese said:

And to anyone coming to the regional - feel free to stick around for Sunday, which is our regular UFS day.

The official title for Sunday's event is "Texas Throwdown After-Party", sooo...yeah.

And we always end up going somewhere afterward and grabbing something to eat/playing video games/whatever.

DO IT.

Oh god damnit I have too fly in thursday now lol i didnt notice teams was friday and mega geese need too talk too you give me a ring.

I'm already reserving time off work for this.

So yea, hope to be there.

Polygon said:

I'm already reserving time off work for this.

So yea, hope to be there.

I am pretty sure I am going after talking too megagesse going too probally book tomarrow.

Hey Texas Players, Don't forget about the other regionals in Lubbock Texas. It is going to be the center piece of a huge Con calls BaCon (Bad Ass Convention) with a ton of CCG, RPG, and Table Top action.

Info is at www.jascogames.com/forum

Crap, this really seems to be turning into something huge!

Anyways, things are still lookin good as of now, but I'll know when it comes closer to the date.

Lookin forward to it!

Unless for some reason my flight gets canceled, i'll be there. tickets are paid for n all

MarcoPulleaux said:

Anyways, things are still lookin good as of now, but I'll know when it comes closer to the date.

Lookin forward to it!

Yeah, as of now, there are 26 people pre-registered. This isn't counting the verbal confirmations from the Louisiana and Northwest Tejas groups. With the way things are going, this'll be the biggest UFS event in Texas since the FoP in San Antonio (with it's monsterous attendance landing in the low to mid 40s!!!).

Monday I'll be putting down the order for the kit, and hopefully I'll have the rest of the prize support sewn up by the end of the week. I'll post some teasers then at some of the prizes so ya'll know what's at stake.

Nubian_God said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Lookin forward to it!

Yeah, as of now, there are 26 people pre-registered. This isn't counting the verbal confirmations from the Louisiana and Northwest Tejas groups. With the way things are going, this'll be the biggest UFS event in Texas since the FoP in San Antonio (with it's monsterous attendance landing in the low to mid 40s!!!).

Monday I'll be putting down the order for the kit, and hopefully I'll have the rest of the prize support sewn up by the end of the week. I'll post some teasers then at some of the prizes so ya'll know what's at stake.

Are you still going too get another kit for the team event on friday ?

Yeah, the second my paycheck hits my bank account this Friday I'll be putting in the order. The main Regionals kit was ordered earlier, so everything should be squared away.

Hmm. I think we're gonna have 4 people go play. We'll see what happens but we maybe in need of 2 more people for teams O_O.

My playgroup is indicating that they wish to attend this.

I don't know if I want to do another 15 hour drive so soon after the CA regionals.

We shall see.

Dooooo it Arch

you know you want to

Eithinis said:

Dooooo it Arch

you know you want to

You need too get your awesome SC group too go Sage and I will see you friday for the SCC!

Haha, i wish, it'll be just me going

Nubian_God said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Lookin forward to it!

I was totally there rockin **Charlotte** =D

Archimedes said:

My playgroup is indicating that they wish to attend this.

I don't know if I want to do another 15 hour drive so soon after the CA regionals.

We shall see.

I know how that is. It's been almost a month since Path of the Master and I'm still reeling. =S

At any rate, mad props if ya'll make it out.

@ MarcoPulleaux:

Yeah, that was some crazy times. I'm still wondering how I managed to sqweak into Top 8 with my Fei Long build. Jesus proceeded to murder me with Nakoruru. Gawd, I played like such a n00b. =S