Texas Throwdown (UFS Regional - May 22-23rd)

By Nubian_God, in UFS Fan Announcements

Steel said:

Yeah, not sure about this Chris person people keep mentioning. I'll have to meet him some time.

And Geese, did I know that you and I went to the same high school? I'm not sure that I did...

You did. I was 10 seconds away from busting out the fire hose and breaking up the reunion... >>

I certainly hope so Jacob (this is Wakeen, btw). We've talked about it before xD

We needs more stuff for this event. We can do my black history event early! =O

MegaGeese said:

I certainly hope so Jacob (this is Wakeen, btw). We've talked about it before xD

We needs more stuff for this event. We can do my black history event early! =O

Looks like me and scooter are coming down if you are at 30 we can make 32.

I checked with Shelby, and we can house at least 4-5 people, possibly more. We have an extra bedroom as well as living room floorspace/couch/etc.

Be forewarned: we do have 2 kitties.

For those interested, get back at me or Nubian_God, and we'll make sure you have a roof over your heads. happy.gif

apelila said:

Beware ze Air Cody.

You get a confirm count yet ?

Nubian_God said:

apelila said:

Beware ze Air Cody.

He's wild.

Still not sure who is going to be able to go to this but I hope we can get at least 4-5 of us up there. Prize support looks awesome. Should be a fun time. Only problem is I'm so low on cash...Anyone got any extra room for some guys to crash? ^_^

If you can confirm that you're coming and who all you're bringing, let me know. Space at my place is first come-first serve.

Nubian_God said:

If you can confirm that you're coming and who all you're bringing, let me know. Space at my place is first come-first serve.

Hey remember me and scott are coming we got dibs months ago lol .

If people want to, my house is available. We have plenty of couch space, and if people bring sleeping bags, then we have even more space on the floor. The one problem is that I don't have a car myself, so you would be providing your own rides, and it's between 40 minutes to an hour from my place to the game shop. If the idea still sounds appealing though, let me know.

Nubian_God said:

So far I have 10 people pre-registered. Word of mouth brings in another 10 that I've talked to, and I'm still trying to reach the Austin and San Antonio playgroups, which may bring in up to 15 more people.

There isn't one =/, so I'll tell you this...

I, and 7 other people, play UFS. 4 of us are adults, and can likely make it provided we have no plans/work or anything, the other 4 may or may not have graduated.

Whatever the case may be, we are minimal. Now, on April 18th we are having an anime convention where we are going to have a huge UFS event: a UFS demo and set 12 pre-release tournament. It is at that time that we can promote your event to those who don't already know about it.

The thing is, this UFS event we have could be really large, or just like, 4 to 8 people (as in, the people who already play). It's a mystery.

I'll say this. I'm going to advertise your tournament regardless, and I hope we can make it up there. However, if you can convince anybody to come to our pre-release, I think the crowd might make people wonder what's going on, and then they might see and partake, and bam, new players.

I look forward to going, and bringing what few people we have, but no promises yet I'm afraid. Still, I'll keep in touch. How much do all these events cost, again?

MarcoPulleaux said:

There isn't one =/, so I'll tell you this...

I, and 7 other people, play UFS. 4 of us are adults, and can likely make it provided we have no plans/work or anything, the other 4 may or may not have graduated.

Whatever the case may be, we are minimal. Now, on April 18th we are having an anime convention where we are going to have a huge UFS event: a UFS demo and set 12 pre-release tournament. It is at that time that we can promote your event to those who don't already know about it.

The thing is, this UFS event we have could be really large, or just like, 4 to 8 people (as in, the people who already play). It's a mystery.

I'll say this. I'm going to advertise your tournament regardless, and I hope we can make it up there. However, if you can convince anybody to come to our pre-release, I think the crowd might make people wonder what's going on, and then they might see and partake, and bam, new players.

I look forward to going, and bringing what few people we have, but no promises yet I'm afraid. Still, I'll keep in touch. How much do all these events cost, again?

$3 per event, per person. Or, if you'd pre-register before the end of April, free entry for the Singles event. Remember, pre-registering isn't a legal binding contract! If you're interested in going and have a chance of going, pre-register so you'll get something out of it if you go rather than nothing.

As for the convention event, it sounds awesome, but it's timed at the same time the UFS PotM event's going on, so I won't be able to make it. =/ However, the Austin crew will still be in town, so you should try hitting them up. If you don't have Ron's e-mail, hit me up with yours and I'll forward it along.

PoTM: When is it, and are you guys still accepting people to chip-in for the road trip?

TX Throwdown: Then go ahead and sign me and 2 friends up for pre-reg. I think all 3 of us can go by then.

O-Con: My EMail is [email protected]

Go ahead and use my link towards the bottom of this forum and just copy and paste. Thanks a bunch dude, we really, really need a UFS resurgence.

MarcoPulleaux said:

PoTM: When is it, and are you guys still accepting people to chip-in for the road trip?

TX Throwdown: Then go ahead and sign me and 2 friends up for pre-reg. I think all 3 of us can go by then.

O-Con: My EMail is [email protected]

Go ahead and use my link towards the bottom of this forum and just copy and paste. Thanks a bunch dude, we really, really need a UFS resurgence.

I hear ya. I just shot your e-mail over to Ron, so hopefully you'll hear from him in a day or two.

As for the PotM, it's the weekend of April 17-19th. =/ We're still accepting people for the trek up there, but it kinda clashes with your planned event. Not that it's any fault of yours, as conventions are great places to hold tournaments and get maximum exposure.

For you and your friends, go on and shoot me their names and what stores they frequently play at to [email protected] . It's just an easier way for me to keep track of everyone.

Nubian_God said:

For you and your friends, go on and shoot me their names and what stores they frequently play at to [email protected] . It's just an easier way for me to keep track of everyone.

We all play at one store, Central Command Games, which of course is in San Antonio, TX (78240). There's 4 of us who have competitive decks, and 2 others who play, but their decks could use some help.

Anyways, like I said, thanks for the help, and there should be a minimum of 3 of us up there in May for the event. Hopefully the con idea goes well enough that we can bring more :)

Do you have any info on hotels ner the area i forgot if you posted anything about them. Im not sure how Im getting there so i may need a hotel.

Hayamachop said:

Do you have any info on hotels ner the area i forgot if you posted anything about them. Im not sure how Im getting there so i may need a hotel.

You really should e-mail or call April in regards to housing. Like, now.

To anyone looking for a hotel - if you check out the venue's location on Google (or somewhere, Iunno), you should find that directly across the street, there is some kind of building (I forget what, and it may be me imagining it), but directly behind it is a hotel. That is to say, accomadations are available across the street from the venue, which isn't a bad place to be.

But if you need someplace to crash, be sure to make mention of it. First come, first serve and all that.

Justin - what Brian said.

oh okay i think i will need a place to crash :) .

For those of you looking for a hotel, here's 3 hotels that are pretty close (Parkway Inn is literally across the street from the venue that's hosting TTR). Keep in mind that there's a lot more in the area that's barely a mile away:

Parkway Inn
703 Benge Dr., Arlington, TX‎
(817) 860-2323‎

Days Inn Rangers Ballbark in Arlington/Six Flags
910 North Collins, Arlington, TX‎
(817) 261-8444

Mayflower Motel
1003 W Division St, Arlington, TX‎
(817) 275-2966

As for food, here's some of the restaurants that are less than half a mile out from Lone Star:

Taco Bell
Chipotle
Don Wang Chinese Food
Nizza Pizza
Subway
Starbucks
Hooligan's Pub & Grub

I'm only 19; is it possible to still get a room or do you have to be 21? (yes, I've actually been turned down from several hotels due to the 21 limit. Wtf is that about?)

I could get a hotel room in Florida when I was 18, I have no idea about here in Texas though...

Right now, I only have 2 confirmed to stay at my place, and a possible 3rd, which leaves floorspace for .... maybe up to 4 more people?

Just let me know everyone!!

Hey guys, we will be bringing up a few Van loads of people from West Texas ( Lubbock, Amarilo, Odessa) to join in on the fun. I don't know if we can be there by friday, but we will try. I also want to invite all of you to come to our event on the last weekend of June. We are having a Gaming Convention in Lubbock, and UFS will be my centerpiece to the event. I have alot planned so check it out at www.jascogames.com/forum. I hope to see you all at both events!

If you have any suggestions for our event please let me know. Right now we plan on having 3 UFS events, and the UFS field will be surrounded with TV's playing the fighting games from the CCG. We will have a projector screen with the featured tables on it, and hopefully live coverage on video. This is all at the Bad Ass Convention (Bacon) and we should have well over 300 people attending. So please let me know if there's anything I can do to make this event more awesome for everyone.

-Jason from Jasco Games-

Hey man, i'll probably be in texas around the time, so i'll make sure to bring my cards and try to make it ;) Had a lot of fun a few years back when I came down there.