Texas Throwdown (UFS Regional - May 22-23rd)

By Nubian_God, in UFS Fan Announcements

A little under 2 weeks, and I realized that the Double Dragon thread in GenDiscussion was kinda buried, so I'm posting them here and on the main post for this thread. This is a general guildline, so don't feel like you have to read and memorize all of these rules; it's mainly for a reference in regards to the special interactions with Double Dragon.

However, I would strongly advise going over the Deck Constraints. Might be important;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double Dragon Rules (Original posting by GraveLord; modified slighty by Nubian_God):

1. Each player has and control their own zones (deck, stage, momentum, etc) and vitality.

2. The team whose players are both knocked and/or decked out loses.

3. No tag-in required. Any player may attack any of the opposing players. A player can block for their teammate. Either team member can play a Reversal after their team blocks an attack. An attack target must be declared each time an attack is played and Reversals must target the player who's attack was blocked.

4. Card effect that affects all cards in play will affect team member as well.

5. Cards and abilities must pass in order from and to all players. Example: Team1Player1 plays an attack, t1p1 gets 1st enhance, then t2p1 gets an enhance, then t1p2 gets an enhance, and then t2p2 gets an enhance and then the enhance proceeds back to the attacking player (t1p1). Same goes for responses... yeah, responses will be crazy complicated.

6. The controlling player must choose a target opponent for abilities that states "opponent" in it's effect. Example: If a player plays Infiltrating, then he must choose which opponent's SA he is targeting, but keep in mind that the target opponent's teammate may intervene to disrupt or negate the ability.

7. Players may only play or activate abilities on cards they control.

8. Turns alternate between teams and the 1st two players start off committed and their Ready Phase skipped.. so the 1st player from each team start off committed and etc.

9. If a player is knocked out and his teammate is able to hold it off for 3 of his own turns, then his teammate may "recover" at 1/2 of his max vitality (rounded down) during the end of the 3th turn. The recovering player draws his handsize and commits his entire staging area.. doesn't ready until his turn.

Clarifications to game mechanics in regards to Double Dragon (As provided by ARMed_Pirate)

10. As a player plays an attack (before any costs have been paid or any control check has been made), that player must choose and declare a target for that attack.

11. If you play an E ability, or if you play an R ability in response to an attack (being played, reaching a particular step, being blocked, dealing damage, resolving, etc.) and that ability refers to "your opponent", then:
--1a. if you played the attack, "your opponent" refers to the target of the attack.
--1b. if an opponent played the attack, "your opponent" refers to the opponent who played the attack.

12. If an F ability is played, or if an R ability is played NOT in response to an attack (being played, etc., as in rule 11), and that ability refers to "your opponent", then the player of the ability must, when declaring the ability, choose which opponent (target) the ability refers to.

13. If an ability refers to "your opponent" multiple times, it always refers to the same opponent.

14. If you play an E ability, or if you play an R ability in response to an attack (being played, etc., as in rule 11), and that ability refers to "both players" or "you and your opponent", then:
--14a. if you played the attack, the ability affects only you and the target of the attack.
--14b. if an opponent played the attack, the ability affects only you and the player who played the attack.

15. If an F ability is played, or if an R ability is played NOT in response to an attack (being played, etc., as in rule 4), and that ability refers to "both players" or "you and your opponent", then that ability affects ALL players.
--15a. Responses of this kind that respond to a "Form" being played (notably Order & Law) affect all players, even if the form being played is an attack.

16. During your attack (or in response to your attack, as in rule 11), when you generate or play another attack (the kick played from Koshu To's E, copies generated by Multiple, any attack Chicanery'd in, etc.), that new attack MUST be directed at the same target as the original attack.
(It's all stemming off one attack, so it's going in the same direction.)

17. During your attack (or in response to your attack, as in rule 11), when your opponent generates or plays another attack (card named "Reversal," cards played as reversals, etc.), that attack MUST be directed at you.
(They're responding to your attack, and that means they're responding AT YOU.)

18. When a trigger comes up, all players take turns playing Responses to that trigger, starting with the player whose turn it is, and moving in a clockwise direction. When all players have passed in succession on playing a response, no more responses to that trigger may be played.

Deck Constraints :

- Each individuals deck must comply to the standard deckbuilding rules of UFS.

- Teammates may not share copies of any cards in their deck or sideboard. Ex: If t1p1 is using any number of copies of Infiltrating, then t1p2 cannot have it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went ahead and modified the way that bonus points are considered for the Sandbag Challenge to where they're more meaningful.

Nubian_God said:

Archimedes said:

My playgroup is indicating that they wish to attend this.

I don't know if I want to do another 15 hour drive so soon after the CA regionals.

We shall see.

I know how that is. It's been almost a month since Path of the Master and I'm still reeling. =S

At any rate, mad props if ya'll make it out.

@ MarcoPulleaux:

Yeah, that was some crazy times. I'm still wondering how I managed to sqweak into Top 8 with my Fei Long build. Jesus proceeded to murder me with Nakoruru. Gawd, I played like such a n00b. =S

Yeah, back when Death **Nakoruru** was THE most broken f'king thing around XD.

Man...this is why I miss the SA playgroup. Every major event we had was always topped by us, even when we had guys from Dallas and Austin come. Our AoP tourney had near 30 people, and top 8 consisited of 8 SA players.

Oh well =/

Plane ticket book im locked in for this cant wait too throw down in tx.

Scubadude said:

Me too, :D

Eithinis said:

Scubadude said:

Nice man looks like only 2 weeks and we get too have another rematch .

Wow, it's that close huh?

I was worried for a sec, because AKon anime convention (apparently the largest in the US) is actually the next week! *phew* I was gonna say, if you guys were in the middle of AKon, that'd suck! ><

Anyways, I'm still down. Today I'll contact my cohorts and see if they're up for it. I'd hate to make the 5 hour drive alone </3.

Also...

Hate to be an ass, but does anybody have a place to stay? I'm not opposed to sleeping in my truck, but I'm not sure if we'd be in a safe side of town, and if I'm brining friends, I'd hate to stick them in my extremely cramped truck.

FINALLY >_>...(third edit lol)

Nubian, you ought to edit your thread. Compile a list of people's EMails (with their permission of course), that way we can all keep in touch about the event. Reasons why:

-In case people need to discuss strategies
-In case people need teammates
-In case people need to arrange places to stay
-In case people need to borrow cards

As if you couldn't already guess, I need all 4 XD.

(seriously though, if anybody here has a ton of Set 12 stuffs they know they won't be using, please assist me, as I've no Set 12 stuff to call my own).

Scubadude said:

Eithinis said:

Scubadude said:

yeah, probably not a fire astrid this time around, just wanted to see how it could do, it's a ton of fun just no anti control and astrid is a little slow in early game (but late game starts hitting like a truck) for fire, probably a lot better off all or order.

Eithinis said:

Eithinis said:

yeah, probably not a fire astrid this time around, just wanted to see how it could do, it's a ton of fun just no anti control and astrid is a little slow in early game (but late game starts hitting like a truck) for fire, probably a lot better off all or order.

What ever you play it should have raging gnomes so we can scoop too you . gran_risa.gif

5 days 'till Throwdown! Are you ready?

Nubian_God said:

I am i cant wait I only have to work 3 days this week !!

Yeah, mostly ready ;P trying to scrounge up a few cards right now for my deck, otherwise i might have to just play somethin else, but we'll see :o

Nubian_God said:

*sigh* Misfortune has been bestowed upon me. And by misfortune I mean my ever-lovely parents.

So yeah, doubt I'll be able to make it =/. Oh well, I send my regards. Sorry I can't rip MegaGeese to shreds with my Air Talim =/.

I'M GOING FRIGGIN' CRAZY! WTF WILL IT GET HEEEEERE?!

Also, you WISH, Shinji xD

Sucks that you can't make it, tho.

I was finally looking to play you shinji everyone was jealous oh well... I hope we still get 32 people..........

Looks like only 3 other players from my crew is going to be to make it. We'll have to roll in Saturday morning since we all have to work Friday except for 1.

Wow.. just read the clarifications/amendments to the DD rules... good job. However, remember that the order of playing for E's and R's go in the same order of turn-taking; depending on how the players are seated it may not always be "clockwise", but rather "zig-zag" if teammates sit side by side.

Seeing how much this format is adopted and enjoyed makes me happy =)

Too bad it couldn't be on a Sunday so that I could play in it.

MegaGeese said:

I'M GOING FRIGGIN' CRAZY! WTF WILL IT GET HEEEEERE?!

Also, you WISH, Shinji xD

Sucks that you can't make it, tho.

Well, it's not that I can't, more, it's gone from a "I'm definitely coming, holy karp" to "eh...we'll see".

Friday I've not only got an "I'm-going-to-Africa-thus-need-screening" doctor's appointment, but I also have to (or at least try) to take my friend to the air port for her flight.

So even if I am coming, by the time I arrive in Dallas, I'm quite sure all festivities will be over.

Also, not going to lie, if I do show up, I'm really going to need to borrow some Set 12 and maybe Set 11s stuffs, as I am lacking in both departments, so if you guys KNOW you won't be using certain things, please do put them on reserve if possible.

I'll have to look over who I might run, but just know, it'll be a character who is diversity-safe =)

I'm gettin pretty excited about it :D . I didn't realize arlington was about an hour away from denton though, but s'all good, I can still make it. I don't have a team but i'll probably show up friday anyway and have some fun, see if anyone has a slot open

There's probably a least a couple of people that will be looking for teams.

Eithinis said:

I'm gettin pretty excited about it :D . I didn't realize arlington was about an hour away from denton though, but s'all good, I can still make it. I don't have a team but i'll probably show up friday anyway and have some fun, see if anyone has a slot open

And if you're still short, I'm willing to throw down with your lot, as I know of at least one person who won't be participating in Teams and can run the logistics.

A little over a day until Throwdown, people!

Yeah, can't wait :) .

Nubian_God said:

Eithinis said:

And if you're still short, I'm willing to throw down with your lot, as I know of at least one person who won't be participating in Teams and can run the logistics.

A little over a day until Throwdown, people!

Well, I likely won't arrive in Dallas until anywhere from 6 to 8, which I'm assuming means I'll miss every thing =/

Nevertheless, unless something dire happens I will be there Friday night, so Nubian check your EMail good sir, as I imagine I'll be crashing your pad mon frere =D