Street Fighter IV is just around the Corner... (New Trailer with complete character list!)

By Son Gopaul, in UFS Off Topic

Gotta' say, this game looks awesome, but I sure hope the audio options will allow me to put in it Japanese with English subs, because those american voices are terrible.

12 more days it won't be too much longer now.

Ender Dragon said:

Gotta' say, this game looks awesome, but I sure hope the audio options will allow me to put in it Japanese with English subs, because those american voices are terrible.

uh.... yeah... umm...

capcom's never done anything cool like that. you want control over languages, stick with SoulCal. :P

An overdose of subs have made me allergic to non-english voices. Sounds stupid? Eventually I saw the same patterns for Japanese V.As that I now see in American V.As : gross miscasting, overuse of "popular" voice-actors that simply never really fit their roles, and eventually many characters' blur into one (I'm still thinking that DW Guan Yu is a vampire because of the overuse of Crispin Freeman, for a good example in American Voicecasting).

GouHadou said:

Ender Dragon said:

uh.... yeah... umm...

capcom's never done anything cool like that. you want control over languages, stick with SoulCal. :P

Escept Soul Calibur has never really made a good game, so I'll stick with the 2D fighters. My problem with some of these new games is that they do not seem to evolve and take that next step forawrd. SFIV has done it with art style and game mechanics. Now just give me jap voices. Resident Evil 5 has not evolved from RE4, both games have an annoying partner with an idiot AI. and you still must stand still while aiming, you should be able to move while aiming, no one is gonna stand still while being attacked just to aim a gun, worts mistake you can make in a 3rd person shooter.

Ender Dragon said:

GouHadou said:

Ender Dragon said:

uh.... yeah... umm...

Escept Soul Calibur has never really made a good game, so I'll stick with the 2D fighters. My problem with some of these new games is that they do not seem to evolve and take that next step forawrd. SFIV has done it with art style and game mechanics. Now just give me jap voices. Resident Evil 5 has not evolved from RE4, both games have an annoying partner with an idiot AI. and you still must stand still while aiming, you should be able to move while aiming, no one is gonna stand still while being attacked just to aim a gun, worts mistake you can make in a 3rd person shooter.

Soul Calibur III was actually really good. Chronicles of the Sword I think was the greatest single player addition to a fighting game ever, character creation was good, and the fighting was like all the other Soul Calibur games with just some new moves, and fixed hitboxes/priority etc. on others. Unfortunately, it was PS2 only.

also, standing still = worst mistake you can make in any zombie game ever. although I do it in left4dead when I need to get a good shot with an assault rifle from halfway across the map, but that's just me.

So...who wants a sneak peak of Chun-Li's animated OP? Look at who cameos. :D

And here's Dan.

quarzark said:

Soul Calibur III was actually really good. Chronicles of the Sword I think was the greatest single player addition to a fighting game ever, character creation was good, and the fighting was like all the other Soul Calibur games with just some new moves, and fixed hitboxes/priority etc. on others. Unfortunately, it was PS2 only.

IIRC it got pretty much panned everywhere, and honestly in terms of gameplay, 2 trumped it. In terms of different things to do, 3 did.

TBH, yeah, SC2 had better gameplay, but SCIII had more replay value with the amount of modes it had. That's what I enjoyed about it, anyway.

Anyways, This thread is about STREET FIGHTER IV .

To all those who were asking: Yes, you CAN change the voices to Japanese if you wish. In fact, you can even have English cutscene voices with Japanese in-game voices (or the other way around if you wish). I saw this on an extensive look at SFIV on IGN or some video site. It focused on the console-specific characters: especially Rose's ultra combo which has possibly the biggest priority in the game, and Dan's ability to cancel his Super Taunt into his ultra, therefore being the only character to cancel a super into an ultra. The video also looked at the options, practice and challenge modes.

And I agree with you Hatman, some VA's (especially DW ones) are overused. A LOT.

Son Gopaul said:

And I agree with you Hatman, some VA's (especially DW ones) are overused. A LOT.

I've found three main culprits here : Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman and Liam O'Brien (but seeing as he can actually change his voice for each character he performs, it's excusable).

Still, has the list of english VAs been released yet?

Not all of them, but most are up on the Wikipedia page. Don't know why they posted the voice cast, but I guess it's interesting to know.

Now I know why Devil May Cry fans are going to be playing Ken - Dante shares the same voice actor as him!

Just 3 more days but I am stil arcade stickless...

just got back from the arcade - Zangief is still a madman. and Justin Wong went on a 20 game winstreak with Akuma, i doubt he got to 21 because they were closing the place down at as the 20th victim put his dollar in.

who's ready for Round1 at gamestop? partido_risa.gif

Hehe, sounds like fun for Justin there. Imagine if he needed to go for a pee break? (lol)

Everything's all sorted for the European release for me (20th Feb, btw -_- ). I'm heading down to GAME for 9:30 when it opens, getting my pre-order, going straight back home, and playing all the way through till 5pm where I'll be going to Viewtiful_Joe's house to play some offline VS games!

Sadly I won't be able to play as Dan straight away, so it'll be Sagat/Blanka till I unlock him ^_^

I haz stick but due to lolCanada (and especially lolDimension) I may not get it before the Europeans do.

GouHadou said:

who's ready for Round1 at gamestop? partido_risa.gif

I am...but are hidden characters going to be allowed? If not, it's pretty much a battle between Sagats, Ryus, Rufuses, and Zangiefs, from what I've witnessed constantly.

If hidden chars are, I'm certainly going to be expecting some Sakuras, Akumas, Cammys, and maybe some Rose action (lol@ultra's reach).

Oh, and for those who don't already know this...

DAN FINALLY ISN'T THE WORST CHARACTER! UNBELIEVABLE!

Dan actually has some viable combosauce. Worst char = Vega, forever and always.

Hell yea. That's why I'll be rocking the pink guy once I get him unlocked!

Where's the Blanka love there, Marco? And Rufus? People actually play him???

um. forever and always? Vega owned super turbo, then AND now, and he was always decent, at worst. i can't say for 4, since everyone is too busy picking sagat/akuma/ryu/c.viper/balrog

Son Gopaul said:

I will. He's mad fast and seems to have a playstyle I want to play.

Homme Chapeau said:

Son Gopaul said:

I will. He's mad fast and seems to have a playstyle I want to play.

yay dive kicking (or whatever the move is) people into a corner! Actually, from what I've seen, Rufus's seems to be one of the easiest ultras to get off fully. Just knock them up and wait for them to fall at just the right spot and BAM!

personally, I settle my love for El Feurte. Mind games baby! One character I'm not going to have fun with is Abel. That throw of his where he swings em around his head is just brutal >_<

GouHadou said:

um. forever and always? Vega owned super turbo, then AND now, and he was always decent, at worst. i can't say for 4, since everyone is too busy picking sagat/akuma/ryu/ c.viper/balrog

Yeah I have no clue what he is talking about either Vega was also good in CVS2 and Street FIghter Alpha 3. Don't worry Omar you can get your Vega fix from me as I have made it my goal to find a way a way to make him good.

I figured Vega to be awesome in CvS2 and SFA3, but, unfortunately, I've found he's a bit on the crappy side in SFIV, so it'll probably be Fei Long or Chun-Li for me this time round.

Viewtiful_Joe said:

I figured Vega to be awesome in CvS2 and SFA3, but, unfortunately, I've found he's a bit on the crappy side in SFIV, so it'll probably be Fei Long or Chun-Li for me this time round.

Man I know what a Vega fan you are don't let his tier spot stop you from playing him.

Drewkasa said:

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Man I know what a Vega fan you are don't let his tier spot stop you from playing him.

Oh, don't get me wrong, Vega's as gorgeous as the day we all laid eyes on him, (albeit his fashion sense is beginning to beg questions after that alternate outfit...), so I'll play him for fun now and again, but I highly doubt he'll be my main character unless by some miracle he's really good on the console versions as opposed to the arcade ones.

in 3 hours, i'll either have it, or destroy everything in sight.

it better be in on time.