Street Fighter IV is just around the Corner... (New Trailer with complete character list!)

By Son Gopaul, in UFS Off Topic

Ah, yes, the topic of Street Fighter IV pops up yet again. I've been searching on YouTube every day, for updates (whenever a video/screenshot is leaked, they're likely to be shown on YT immediately) on SFIV, only to find Arcade matches, tournaments, the same trailers over and over again, until this weekend.

To be honest, the addicition with Left 4 Dead I've had all week has sidetracked me from my obsession with Street Fighter. I look back last night for videos, and find gameplay from the CONSOLE version of Street Fighter 4! This means the console version is close to completion, and the promising date of mid-February is a definite one!

The console-only characters look even better in action than their screenshots. Sakura had already been spoiled a while back, but Fei Long, Gen, Rose and DAN HIBIKI (!) have been exhibited earlier this month! I'm growing to love Dan even more, with his new Ultra being as awesome as the sped-up Skullo Dream it looks like! Cammy, Gen and Fei Long are as solid as their previous apperances in Street Fighter, with flashy Ultras, but Rose has caught my eye with her Ultra, Illusion Spark!

The Challenge Mode looks pretty good to, especially for players new to the Street Fighter games. For the more experienced, try out the later challenges such as performing Focus Cancel combos, and how to link into Ultra Combos. Think of it like the Challenge Mode in the Street Fighter EX series.

So I'm all prepared, with my Arcade stick waiting to go (and practicing on HD Remix), I'm even more eager for the release of STREET FIGHTER IV .

Son Gopaul said:

The Challenge Mode looks pretty good to, especially for players new to the Street Fighter games. For the more experienced, try out the later challenges such as performing Focus Cancel combos, and how to link into Ultra Combos. Think of it like the Challenge Mode in the Street Fighter EX series.

Yah, that will likely be where I spend most of my time.

Me too, once I have unlocked every character and completed the game with everyone.

I will be training to play Dan in SFIV tournaments, that Ultra is too awesome not to.

Panda loev Street Fighter. 'Nuff said.

If the PC version has decent multiplayer I'll totally beat some face with some of you forum peoples.

... Please have decent multiplayer...

... You listening Capcom?

I'll be getting mine on 360, and if I can support it, get it on PC to play those that don't have a 360.

I'm thinking of doing the same with Left 4 Dead, since a lot of my friends have the PC version.

Seems like people aren't in the mood for Street Fighter IV. Will showing you the English version of the same trailer (with a proper link) help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myUnkQ-e36s&feature=PlayList&p=660E4EA7A26BDC2D&index=1

I've noticed I recognise a couple of the voice actors are the same voice actors for Dynasty Warriors' characters: Gouken has the same voice as Huang Gai, and Seth has Zhang Liao's voice! Others to mention are that Ryu strangely reminds me of Col. Roy Campbell from Metal Gear Solid!

Okay, so the English VA's aren't that great. But apparently if you beat Arcade mode with any character, you will earn the option to change to the Japanese VA for that character. Phew!

I just finished reading through the graphic novels... It all makes so much more sense now.

I can't say the SF 4 graphics look as slick as I had hoped. I had hoped for Okami-style paintbrush-shading like in the intro, or at least heavier cell-shading like the Naruto games. Instead, it reminds me more of KoF2006, with more blockiness (less fluidity) than I expect in a 3D fighter. But what the heck. It's got a great character list and a whole lot of style. I loved the Rival Schools games, so I'm confident that this will be better than the last 3D SF game.

zangief's command throws are 180s instead of 360s.

PH33R THE HAIRY MANBEAST

srsly. he eats people whole, no chewing.

GouHadou said:

zangief's command throws are 180s instead of 360s.

PH33R THE HAIRY MANBEAST

srsly. he eats people whole, no chewing.

WHAT!? I think I just had a burly mangasm. It's like a fanboygasm only MANLIER.

Of course, I'll also be playing Fuerte and Rufus. Maybe I'll try out Abel as well.

he's incredibly srs bsns in the arcade, and i'll be sure to abuse him moreso on the home systems.

Akuma: "HaH! i've had enough of kicking your butt with fireball cheese tactics!!"

Gief: "it's not over yet comrade!!"

Akuma: "RAAAAAGING DEE~urk!!"

Gief: "WE'RE GOING FOR A RIDE - FINAL ATOMIC BUSTERRRRRR"

this happened irl. the akuma player yelled and slammed his fist down on the control panel and then walked away.
command throws are mightier than god.

Ah, the characters discussion. I'll definetly be playing Sagat and Blanka, not only cause they're both top tier on the Arcade version, but because I'm comfortable with their moveset. Dan's gonna be my number one priority though.

Of course I'm going to try out all the characters as I hammer through completing the game with everyone, including Gouken and Seth. Apparently Seth is already banned from tournaments, and I can see why. He's the kind of boss character that says "lol I have everyone's moves!" Well, here's a idea of what his movelist is like (from what I've seen).

Some of Seth's stolen moves
Sonic Boom (with Hadoken input)
Hyrakestu Kyaku (with Tatsumaki input)
Shoryuken
Yoga Teleport
Spinning Pile Driver (with cool teleport animation)
Dhalsim's fierce punch (the low double stretch punch)
Urien's Shoulder charge (even though hes not in the game)

Some of his regular moves include a vortex which pulls enemies towards him (good setup for the SPD), his super which is a close range HUGE vortex (think like Kikosho) and obviously that Ultra where he literally sucks the opponent into his body and shoots them out head first into the screen (O.o).

Yeah, Seth's sounds a little dumb. But apparently like Akuma he takes tons of damage. I'll see for myself before I make my own decisions on how exactly brokensauce he is.

I am really excited about this game. I have been anticipating it for quite some time now but just recently i have been getting really pumped for it. My birthday is the 13th of Feb. but I am more excited about this game than my own birthday lol. I have been counting down the days and annoying my co-workers with the countdown. As to who I will play it should not be too hard to figure out, and I am not letting Vega's Roll Tier status stop me from playing and maining him.

I must admit, I'm really feeling Fei Long in this one, that Ultra Combo's far too cool to pass up... Crimson Viper looks like she might end up being my main though. I always like to play the new characters first to see how they work, but if it isn't her, it'll probably end up being Cammy again.

Does anyone intend on playing Gouken? He seems so.... fat and lazy , but not in an intentional way like Rufus (You woldn't catch me dead playing as that!)

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Does anyone intend on playing Gouken? He seems so.... fat and lazy , but not in an intentional way like Rufus (You woldn't catch me dead playing as that!)

Tss. While I hate fatboy's backstory (Fei-Long fanboy), it makes slightly more sense than other fatboy (Bob from Tekken), so...

Where are you learning said backstories from? I hear there're graphic novels, but I haven't gotten hold of those...

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Where are you learning said backstories from? I hear there're graphic novels, but I haven't gotten hold of those...

Allegedly, the UDON comics are a "decent" source (cue UDON bashing here 'cause nobody likes them here) for those who follow such things, at least for SF4 ('cause the rest is complete out of the park, but then again we can't exactly accuse SF of having a coherent storyline, especially not with the current thought at Capcom considering storyline in games with tons of sequels). But it's pretty much inferred in those : In Comic #3 of the SF2 Turbo series, there's a panel where Fei-Long introduces his new movie, and you have Rufus giving him a standing ovation while shouting something akin to "FEI-LONG, YOU'RE THE BEST!"

So that's where I got it. The graphic novel for SF4 isn't out yet, hell, the first issue isn't even out yet!

Drewkasa said:

I am really excited about this game. I have been anticipating it for quite some time now but just recently i have been getting really pumped for it. My birthday is the 13th of Feb. but I am more excited about this game than my own birthday lol. I have been counting down the days and annoying my co-workers with the countdown. As to who I will play it should not be too hard to figure out, and I am not letting Vega's Roll Tier status stop me from playing and maining him.

aGAIN with the countdown andy, SRSLY!?!? don't make go over there.

and truth, Seth is a big cheaterface, but gief piledrives him as hard as anyone else. nothing stops the cyclone. not even maximum spider vega ;)

I'm a fan of those "Maximum Spider"-esque attacks, especially Bloody High Claw. Can't wait to see the Ultras being released in UFS when SF makes it's comeback to the game after it's supposed hiatus.

As for the UDON comics, I actually follow them as they seem to make the most canonical sense out of the various comics I have seen for Street Fighter. I've read through El Fuerte's bonus comic, and was greatly amused; who knew that Fuerte was a Rainbow Mika fan, and childhood friends with T. Hawk! I've also seen Abel's and the links to Charlie Nash seem very interesting.

of COURSE he knows Thwak - he's mexican, so there's no way they CAN'T know each other. mexico is like... just a small town anyway, right?

>.<

and the blondies are linked? surprise, surprise, surfrikkinprize.

after seeing blanka's fighting style being listed as capoeira (the fighting style Eddie Gordo actually uses in Tekken), nothing they put out even amuses me.

all that said, sf4 is paid in full and i just need it to be released :)

GouHadou said:

and the blondies are linked? surprise, surprise, surfrikkinprize.

after seeing blanka's fighting style being listed as capoeira (the fighting style Eddie Gordo actually uses in Tekken), nothing they put out even amuses me.

Those two? Capcom. Srsly. There's a lot to hate about the books (OH LOL RYU DOESN'T KNOW JACK ABOUT TECHNOLOGY! HAHA! for example), but at least attribute the hate to it's proper source.

Either way, won't stop me from playing! I've made my pre-order, booked the UK release date (20th) off for a marathon session, and plan to be 100% complete by the end of the day.

2 WEEKS AWAY, PEOPLE!

man, I might have to play this... Crimson Viper looks sweet as hell too.

Son Gopaul said:

Either way, won't stop me from playing! I've made my pre-order, booked the UK release date (20th) off for a marathon session, and plan to be 100% complete by the end of the day.

2 WEEKS AWAY, PEOPLE!

That's two weeks more than I'm willing to wait.

this is srsly gonna cut into my ssf2thdrmx time...

If anyone would like to see professional tournament matches that have taken place in late 2008 and 2009 for Street Fighter four, then search for "arcadeinfinity" on youtube. Arcade Infinity is Gootecks' company, if I remember correctly. If any of you are members of Shoryuken.com's forums as well, you will easily recognize Gootecks, Sextaro, Ultradavid, Kai, Bobino, and several others, as they have all been playing Capcom's fighting games for the longest time. I highly recommend these videos from arcade infinity, because it is some of the best Street Fighter Four talent you'll ever see anywhere in the world.