Which Chaos Power are you itching to pledge yourself to???

By peterstepon, in Black Crusade

vandimar77 said:

Tzeentch. Always go with the least pronouncable chasos deity.

Oh, and make that chaos too.

Q: Think I'd like to play a purely Honourable Khorne fighter, not the Berserker kind. Still Khorne enough for beheadings and creating bloody piles of skulls in Khorne's name, but never going on rampages or losing too much control. Kind of play it the same way as a Storm Warden would using Solo Mode, by picking out the best looking melee-fighter from the enemy lines and challenging them to a duel.

Don't know if anyone has said it, but this forum has a pretty wierd quote-system...

Anyhow I salute you as the stereotype that all Khornates are mindless idiots is far to simplistic. I like your character concept and it follows my own ideals for a Khornate much better than any random and screaming berzerker does. :)

The Blood Pact over a random horde of suicidal zealots for Khorne any day of the week.

Gurkhal said:

Anyhow I salute you as the stereotype that all Khornates are mindless idiots is far to simplistic. I like your character concept and it follows my own ideals for a Khornate much better than any random and screaming berzerker does. :)

The Blood Pact over a random horde of suicidal zealots for Khorne any day of the week.

You should read the news articles on Black Crusade then, because FFG have made a point of showing that a large section of Chaos followers don't fall into the stereotypes you see in most other GW products.

Gurkhal said:

Don't know if anyone has said it, but this forum has a pretty wierd quote-system...

Yeah, FFG has added a section in the News about how most Chaos followers don't follow stereotypes such as the perverted Slaaneshi cultist or the plague-spreading follower of Nurgle, the mindless slaughteror of Khorne or the scheming, evil mastermind of Tzeentch.

For example, more honorable warriors of Khorne who'd rather fight one-on-one or avoid murdering civilians (though those would be rare), Slaaneshi cultists who instead search for good music, food, art, etc., Nurgle's cultists looking for a new life in undeath or a way to endure the troubled times the Imperium is in, or a follower of Tzeentch who brings change in the name of hope. It's a pretty cool read, that article, you may want to check it out.

Argh, how could I forget the Dark Mechanicus? They're one of my favorite Chaos factions, being more believably "renegade" than any of the others, since in truth most of them are still on the search for knowledge but are hereteks using forbidden artefacts and learnings. I'll make proper use of them in my campaigns, of course!

MILLANDSON said:

You should read the news articles on Black Crusade then, because FFG have made a point of showing that a large section of Chaos followers don't fall into the stereotypes you see in most other GW products.

Q: Yeah, FFG has added a section in the News about how most Chaos followers don't follow stereotypes such as the perverted Slaaneshi cultist or the plague-spreading follower of Nurgle, the mindless slaughteror of Khorne or the scheming, evil mastermind of Tzeentch.

Yeah I that article is pretty good, although I'm looking forward to an even more extensive write up in the Black Crusade range.

Meanwhile... On a planet near the border of Imperial Space

Calvern - The mildly gassy

Follower of Nurgie, He who Plants also referred to as the Beanfather, lord of the flatulent.

bmaynard said:

Follower of Nurgie, He who Plants also referred to as the Beanfather, lord of the flatulent.

"Father Nurgle's will is my own! I am the harbinger of his flatulence! Flee before me, lest you face my foul odor!"

Yeah...

Elias Holt said:

bmaynard said:

"Father Nurgle's will is my own! I am the harbinger of his flatulence! Flee before me, lest you face my foul odor!"

Yeah...

This made me very, very happy.

I'm thinking a Nurgle character, born on an agri-world to an already flourishing Nurgleth Cult. Raised from birth to see the Corpse-Emperor as a horrid abomination and Papa Nurgle as a patron god of life and perseverance. It's his holy duty to spread the gifts of father nurgle that seem so joyous to him and his family, who wouldn't want such amazing things?

I would worship Malal "The Lost god". Though the omnipotent GW took that entry out when its creator withdrew from gw, I am forced to be chaos undivided though still striving to ruin the plans of everyone else.

It would have to be Nurgle. The power of diease and corruption is too potent.

Let Khorne's followers slay in his name - their corpses will give rise to new and wonderful bacteria.

Let Slaanesh's painted dogs dance and cavort - every shuddering embrace is a new opportunity for Papa Nurgle's gifts to spread.

Let Tzeentch and his schemers plan their plans - at the end of all things it will be the Rotten God who sweeps the ashes of the galaxy into oblivion.

(sung to the tune of Dreidel)

I give my self to chaos
and the herald of dismay.
For in the name of Nurgle
I will spread disease and slay.

Nurgle! Nurgle! Nurgle!
In his Garden I will play.
Nurgle! Nurgle! Nurgle!
He's the Lord of all Decay.

Heh... at this point it would have to be Khorne.. after running a World Eaters 40k army for 20 yrs... it would have to be Khorne!!

Woohoo Cthulhu said:

It would have to be Nurgle. The power of diease and corruption is too potent.

Let Khorne's followers slay in his name - their corpses will give rise to new and wonderful bacteria.

Let Slaanesh's painted dogs dance and cavort - every shuddering embrace is a new opportunity for Papa Nurgle's gifts to spread.

Let Tzeentch and his schemers plan their plans - at the end of all things it will be the Rotten God who sweeps the ashes of the galaxy into oblivion.

Yet everything you just listed is a product of change... Tzeentch rules all :D

My corrupted Tech-Priest would likley side with the neutral Forge of Souls. It will be a far more profitable pact than with any of the dark powers.

Even whitout that option I would still go for undivided, likley ending up becoming the only thing that keeps this anarchic band together.

But if the need arises I would likley foremostly kneel before Tzeentch or Nurgle. Khorne is acceptable too but I will keep myslef away from Slaanesh, he is quite... uncomfortable .

Isha! Since there is seemingly no mechanical difference between chaos and Eldar gods, and she maybe is still alive....

Probably none, just plain renegade would do.

If i was ABSOLUTELY forced to pick a god i'd probably go for slaanesh. Seems like the only one that, occasionally, does not turn his followers into blobs of tentacled, rotting meat.

rzucchelli said:

If i was ABSOLUTELY forced to pick a god i'd probably go for slaanesh. Seems like the only one that, occasionally, does not turn his followers into blobs of tentacled, rotting meat.

You've not seen much Japanese hentai, have you? gui%C3%B1o.gif

MILLANDSON said:

rzucchelli said:

You've not seen much Japanese hentai, have you? gui%C3%B1o.gif

No, admittedly.

Anyways, while i know most unfortunate Slaaneshi worshipper do get pretty ugly looking pretty soon, you get exceptions, like the fantasy Sigvald character, and many more beside in the fluff. That was my point.

To be honest i find oll this chaos=mutation thing really silly, and that's what kept me away from chaos forces in fantasy/40k. I think that spiky armoured, evil humans would have been untold thousands of times cooler than spiky armoured butt ugly mutants.

But that's just me, probably.

I would pledge myself to Slaanesh.

While a bunch of mutated monsters with spiked hentai tentacles may not seem that sexy, remember that the great majority of what we have seen of Slaanesh are made for a battle game. Beautiful seductresses aren't going to get into skirmishes with units of Space Marines, or if they are, they've done something wrong. I would contend that the great majority of Slaanesh worshipers aren't hideously deformed creatures throwing themselves at the enemy in some state of ecstatic bliss, but rather are relatively normal humans. Normal humans and more human looking daemonettes (more like succubi really) having orgies, great feasts, making spectacular works of art, writing poetry, taking mind altering substances, hosting lavish balls, or otherwise enjoying life to its fullest. Of course, after a while you become jaded and become kinkier and more perverse in your desires and require more to push the envelope, but I still don't see it reaching a horrific level in most cases.

So, this this image in my mind of what Slaanesh worship entails, ultimately enjoying life to its fullest and experiencing all the pleasure that you can, I would definitely worship this deity.

Sergeant Brother said:

I would pledge myself to Slaanesh.

While a bunch of mutated monsters with spiked hentai tentacles may not seem that sexy, remember that the great majority of what we have seen of Slaanesh are made for a battle game. Beautiful seductresses aren't going to get into skirmishes with units of Space Marines, or if they are, they've done something wrong. I would contend that the great majority of Slaanesh worshipers aren't hideously deformed creatures throwing themselves at the enemy in some state of ecstatic bliss, but rather are relatively normal humans. Normal humans and more human looking daemonettes (more like succubi really) having orgies, great feasts, making spectacular works of art, writing poetry, taking mind altering substances, hosting lavish balls, or otherwise enjoying life to its fullest. Of course, after a while you become jaded and become kinkier and more perverse in your desires and require more to push the envelope, but I still don't see it reaching a horrific level in most cases .

So, I take it you're not too famillier with the Hellraser mythose then, are ya? ;-p

i have decided to add to my list of gods the OHHH_MY_GOD OF HANGOVERS

No one has already said, so I will do so

I will pledge to MYSELF!!!! I will become a God!

Centuries ago, a Daemon prince almost managed to Godness by sacrifing an entire lost sector to him, (and only to him, not any of the Dark Gods involved); I dont remember his name, but he was a clever prince...the Inquisition managed to blow of all before it run, of course. Spoilsports bostezo.gif

If I could be a player, I will be a renegade human noble who uses chaos in Mankind's liberation and finally fells to Chaos. Radical starting with devotefullness ending