Which Chaos Power are you itching to pledge yourself to???

By peterstepon, in Black Crusade

Myself, Nurgle

God of disease and corruption. Your reward is diease and a swollen belly. What is not to like?

Anyone else?

Khorne.

BLOOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

tzeentch obv.

Convoluted crazy schemes ftw!

Slaanesh! Bring on the orgies!

Slaanesh or Khorne, depending on what kind of "careers" will be playable.

Tzeentch all the ways

Keep your gods! The warp is a tool for the taking!

This warrior fights for himself!

Iron Within! Iron Without!

Jes Goodwin.

Serious, Tzeentch.

Slaanesh throws the best parties, so I'm there.

Justin Bieber!

The first game I run will probably be a continuation of a game that ended with the characters in a dark pact with a Daemonette, so yeah Slaanesh.

Depending on the available careers, the Chaos Gifts we can get, and how well the two of them mix together I will either go Slaanesh or Tzeentch. Slaanesh mostly because I have a particularly sinister idea for a character enamoured with it's perfection aspect and Tzeentch because tool/lore jockeys are just how I roll. :P Tech-Priest in my first DH game and Sensechal in both my Rogue Trader games.

If I get to play, then its Khorne as I've been a Khornate for my entire Warhammer career with Chaos - before that was the Dwarfs and their a rather angry lot as well.

Blood for the Blood God!

TZEENTCH! All hail Magnus the Red!

Necrons and Loyalists.

I'll be the GM. gran_risa.gif

None. Slavery to Chaos is no better than slavery to the Imperium.

Renegades!

Nurgle for some nice healing action or Chaos Undivided if it's available.

Hi,

Maybe a Tzeentchian running a safe haven for rogue psykers, like some 40k Schindler? Mother was a witch burned by the =I=, the pain of loss and desire to protect similar souls instigating the first steps to learning dark lore. Then knowledge and ambition breeding arrogance. Dreams of grand schemes against the brutal intolerance of the Inquisition, the selfishness of he who eats souls on the golden throne and his greedy vultures in their black ships. Surely mankind can find a more worthy and liberal God than the hypocrisy of this so called Emperor?

Ah but to know a little more of what kind of character this game will support...

I can't decide between Khorne Or Tzeentch (polar opposites i know).

This is because:

For khorne, I love the idea of playing a Battle-hardened blood thirsty psychopathic Khorne Bezerker, but i know that Roleplay and Survivability there may be a "few" issues. Not to mention I might be inclined to violently murder my allies, as we all know Khorne doesn't vare from where the blood stems gran_risa.gif

For Tzeentch, I love the idea of manipulating entire planets or military forces, or vanguishing my enemies as a mighty Chaos Sorceror (Hopefully of the Thousand Sons Legion). However i usually find myself inclined towards close combat, and as i don't know how they'le handle Force/Daemon weapons in the game I'm worried I'll be a "generic caster" (Or as close as can be in the Warhammer 40K universe lengua.gif )

Librarians, at least, are very capable close-combat monsters, and I'd be very, very surprised if force weapons worked any differently than Deathwatch or Rogue Trader. I'd be extremely surprised if it were any different for Sorceror Marines.

Why don't you guys check out this new designer diary:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2028

It might help figure out how you can make characters that worship the Chaos Gods that aren't psychopaths, degenerates, rotten, or just plain crazy.

Astartes-Lord 8 said:

I can't decide between Khorne Or Tzeentch (polar opposites i know).

This is because:

For khorne, I love the idea of playing a Battle-hardened blood thirsty psychopathic Khorne Bezerker, but i know that Roleplay and Survivability there may be a "few" issues. Not to mention I might be inclined to violently murder my allies, as we all know Khorne doesn't vare from where the blood stems gran_risa.gif

For Tzeentch, I love the idea of manipulating entire planets or military forces, or vanguishing my enemies as a mighty Chaos Sorceror (Hopefully of the Thousand Sons Legion). However i usually find myself inclined towards close combat, and as i don't know how they'le handle Force/Daemon weapons in the game I'm worried I'll be a "generic caster" (Or as close as can be in the Warhammer 40K universe lengua.gif )

Are you joking or are you serious? :)

I pledge my self to well, myself. I need no God's of Chaos to control my motives much like I need not to have that Emperor to hold my hand. I choose Undivided all the way. I alone control my fate.

As a GM and a Player this is a hard one to answer..

As a GM I am unable to pledge to a single god, and even picking a non chaos god is hard.

As a player it's like being in a candy store and being told, 'Pick the one lolly you want to eat for eternity.

So I shall list some character ideas -

Khorne - An imperial guardsman that has taken to Hand ot Hand combat, fighting up close and giving the enemy an even chance to fight her, honourable, but when the situation arrises, the blood boils and the fight is all she craves.

Slannesh - A fallen inquisitor that has succumed to the call, the pleasures of the flesh, he sought perfection, to be able to be the best, and he surrounded himself with those he saw as perfect, but more and more those that were perfect he craved for more than just their skills and soon his retinue was little more than his play pen after he went out to find others willing to listen to his gods siren call.

Nurgle - A tech priest that started seeking the immortal, seeking to make themselves a body that would last eternity so that they could continue their good work.. slowly that immortality, found itself steeped in immorality, rotted away at the core by a desire to see the others around him rot and decay as he lives forever and the corruption spreads..

Tzeentch - A psyker a strong one, taken from her home world by an Inquisitor that saw a great use for her skills, and she learnt how to read, how to write, and that knowledge sought more knowledge, the taste of it drove her on demanding more, more, she must know more, her powers growing with her knowledge, and that's when she realized, the Inquisitor, he should really guard his thoughts better, and really, he should be working for her.. all it takes is a little push.

That old trickster, Tzeentch.

Without a doubt.