Just arrived but some figures distorted!

By meggypeggs, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

Using the Hot/cold water trick worked pretty well on my minis....

Anyway, It has already been stated several times already, but once again... FFG does not make this game they only distribute it . If you feel there is any kind of lax in quality of the game, FFG can do nothing about it. Also, FFG has already made notice that they try not to respond directly through the forums. Going through their customer support area is the best way to get their attention if you need to.

Yep just got my game today and to my surprise near half of my miniatures are bent, warped and have bad mould flash on them, which is very hard to remove on this type of soft plastic, it looks like the moulds were to hot and the figures were taken out to early before cooling or setting, so of the flash looks like someone tried to remove it, but not very well, which tells me they knew about the problem before miniatures were put in the box, it all looks rushed to me, either way very disappointed with them, whoever is producing these needs to upgrade their quality control and use a better plastic, the designs for the figures are marvellous and very nicely detailed, just a pity it's all spoiled by the soft plastic and warping, not a good look for the game and for the company that makes them, I might try and get replacements as some bases are bent worse than a bad penny.

Hi,

I forgot to give an update since my last post on this topic.

FFG was kind enought to send me all the problematic minis. They came all perfect.

By the way, if you situation is not as bad as mine was, you can use the hot/cold water technique to unbend them.

It is quite easy.

I have also purchased the pre-painted figures, and I like them very much. Some came bent a little, I used hot/cold water and unbent them, but all in all, they are really cool for pre-painted stuff.

Same problem I had with the minis. The one from the core box were all distorted and the hot/cold water trick work somewhat on them. I ended up just buying the pre-painted minis since I knew that they tend not to have that problem as much. I got the pre-painted minis when they went on sale on the FFG website last Christmas.

Out of curiosity, is this FFG's game or Dust's? I was under the impression that at least the original print run was done by Dust and that FFG was the North American distributor. Most of FFG's "soft" miniatures like in Descent/Runebound/Mansions of Madness aren't all that warped. I'm just wondering if the print run on these problem figs of Cadwallon is from the original publisher.

I just ordered the Duke figure from FFG website. Here's hoping that he doesn't turn out to be as warped as the other figures. Especially, since I am paying a lot of money for just one figure.

Pretty late to the discussion I know, but I just wanted to say that I was able to straighten out all my bend figures by submersing them in a pot of boiling water for about 30-40 seconds each ( using a tong to hold them underneath the boiling water) and standing them on my flat laminate kitchen countertop to cool. They remembered their mold shapes once they softened up from the heat and moved back into their right positions. I wouldn't go beyond the 40 second mark as a warning; especially for those thinner figures like Faras.