FAQ / Clarifications on Guide & Vault Products and the WFRP Release Schedule

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

I don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere - but I"d like the ability to order replacement cards for Double Strike, Rapid Fire, and Bright Wizards (and any other future updated cards) via a mail-in form versus having to buy the adventurer's vault.

I understand that I can print it out - but I'd rather have the actual cards.

It would be nice if this could be done in a similar style as FFG dealt with the misprinted TI:3 orange Technology card.

gsoul said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned elsewhere - but I"d like the ability to order replacement cards for Double Strike, Rapid Fire, and Bright Wizards (and any other future updated cards) via a mail-in form versus having to buy the adventurer's vault.

Indeed, that would be excellent!

ozean said:

gsoul said:

Indeed, that would be excellent!

+1 on this; I'd love it if FFG made an errata card pack or allowed you to which errata'd cards you need.

gsoul said:

I understand that I can print it out - but I'd rather have the actual cards.

It would be nice if this could be done in a similar style as FFG dealt with the misprinted TI:3 orange Technology card.

+1 more to this. Errata-ed cards would be most welcome.

Yeah, I agree. Sounds like the errata'd cards will be in the Player's Vault, but those of us with the core set don't need to pick up the Player's Vault (and I've got two core sets). It'd be nice if those errata'd cards could be had another way or lumped into some other expansion that those of us with the core set are actually likely to get.

I would even be willing to pay a (small) premium for getting a quality replacement.

gsoul said:

How did they deal with it then?

You can print off the errata'd cards info from their updates and just paste them over/put them in front inside a sleeve the originals. That's what I've done at least.

Rob

Check it out:

javascript:void(0);/*1281934712357*/

(hope this works)

ozean said:

gsoul said:

How did they deal with it then?

valvorik said:

You can print off the errata'd cards info from their updates and just paste them over/put them in front inside a sleeve the originals. That's what I've done at least.

Rob

I've done the same - easy and cheap.

ffgfan said:

valvorik said:

Rob

I've done the same - easy and cheap.

I've done the same too.

Yeah if you are using sleeves, it's really tough to tell that you've got a slip of paper with the errata'ed text in front of the actual card. The pdfs are good enough. Now if you don't use sleeves, I'm not sure how well it would look glued onto the card, but since I use sleeves, the pdfs are good enough for me.

A lot of people might not want to use sleeves. I certainly don't. I certainly understand why people wouldn't want to play such a beautifully produced game with their own home-made creations, so a way to get the errata'd cards would be great.

mcv said:

A lot of people might not want to use sleeves. I certainly don't. I certainly understand why people wouldn't want to play such a beautifully produced game with their own home-made creations, so a way to get the errata'd cards would be great.

They are available now via free pdf and will be available shortly as cards via the PV, so that makes two ways to get the errata'd cards. The fact that neither is your preferred method is not the same as not available.

mac40k said:

mcv said:

They are available now via free pdf and will be available shortly as cards via the PV, so that makes two ways to get the errata'd cards. The fact that neither is your preferred method is not the same as not available.

I'd like to say "Ooooooohhh....BUSTED!!!" right now, but that would be immature and date me.

mac40k said:

It's not so much an issue for me, because in all likelihood I will get the PV, and am already using self-printed cards, but consider jeffeoff who already got a double set of cards by paying for a second Core Set.

Yeah, and I'm not the only one out there with two core sets. What's funny is that I got my second core set a couple of weeks before the new books and vaults were announced. I probably would have just held off for the PV instead.

I know that in Descent the expansions usually include updated/errata'd cards.

I though it was a standard business practice for FFG to do that (include errata'd material on supplements) and honestly I think that is the best way to distribute it.

Ok, so when will we see the official status and release dates for those new products? It would be great to see it all soon. And what about Signs Of Fatih, when it's going to be released?

plutonick said:

mcv said:

plutonick said:

Without the Core Set, you get no dice, so you can't really skip the Core Set, can you? Unless dice are included in GM Vault. I suppose buying multiple dice sets would not be cost effective.

There is a dice set available already, and IMO it's not terribly expensive. (I think I paid about EUR 6, or $7-8, for mine.)

Yeah, but you need more than 3 of those set in order to match the number of dice in the core set.

Will there be a full dice set available in near future?

Ehron said:

Will there be a full dice set available in near future?

I think not! There's already a set of dice so You buy a couple of those sets or buy the Core set. It's Your choice.

Pretty bad choice in my opinion. In order to match the Core, you're spending $36+ on dice alone.

The dice have always seemed ridiculously expensive to me. I hope they offer a full dice set at reduced cost eventually.

Darrett said:

Pretty bad choice in my opinion. In order to match the Core, you're spending $36+ on dice alone.

The dice have always seemed ridiculously expensive to me. I hope they offer a full dice set at reduced cost eventually.

I don't think so becouse it is a lot better for the firm if You spend more money on those.

ffgfan said:

Darrett said:

I don't think so becouse it is a lot better for the firm if You spend more money on those.

It's always better for the firm if the people spend more money. But it's absolutely unsatisfactory for the beginner of the game if you tell him 'you have to buy the guides and 4 sets of dice to play the game'. I can't see any reason why they can't release a full set of dice regardless of the price and I also don't understand why they didn't include them in the Player's Vault where they belong.

Ehron said:

Darrett said:

I can't see any reason why they can't release a full set of dice regardless of the price and I also don't understand why they didn't include them in the Player's Vault where they belong.

An extremely good point, sir. Dices in the player vault AND in the GM vault should be great.

Set of dices are lame : we need far more challenge dice than only 1 per set as the higher difficulty is 4 dices, and far less conservative/reckless/characteristics dices.