FAQ / Clarifications on Guide & Vault Products and the WFRP Release Schedule

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

I wonder how much more it would be to buy a large order of custom cut dice, or simply create a custom set with a Dremel and standard dice.

I have all the dice I need, but it might be something to look into.

willmanx said:

Dices in the player vault AND in the GM vault should be great.

There are no dices in the Players Vault!!! And the GM Vault has only 12 ot them.

I don't know who decided the amount of dice in a dice pack, but I think it's reasonable to say it's someone who hasn't played the game. lengua.gif

They should make two dice packs

Challenge pack:

2 challenge dice

4 misfortune dice

4 fortune dice

Skill pack:

1 expertise dice

3 characteristic dice

2 reckless dice

2 conservative dice

2 fortune dice

OR just make players packs (a reckless pack and a conservative pack )

3 Expertise dice

6 reckless dice or conservative dice

6 characteristic dice

3 fortune dice

2 misfortune dice

4 challenge dice

ffgfan said:

willmanx said:

Dices in the player vault AND in the GM vault should be great.

There are no dices in the Players Vault!!! And the GM Vault has only 12 ot them.

You didn't read his posting properly. He used the word "should".

Gallows said:

I don't know who decided the amount of dice in a dice pack, but I think it's reasonable to say it's someone who hasn't played the game. lengua.gif

One would be enough. The same buildup they used in the core set.

Ehron said:

Gallows said:

One would be enough. The same buildup they used in the core set.

Actually with the core set the mix isn't right either. As soon as players start getting past rank 2 you get real issues with black dice. It would be better with different packs so you could just buy what you need. I have three players and we have the core dice plus three dice packs and we don't have enough expertise dice, black dice and purple dice.

At rank 3 where we are now every player really needs:

6 characteristics

6 reckless/conservative dice

4 expertise

8 fortune dice (common with card combos and fortune points for our iron breaker)

8 misfortune dice

4 challenge dice

The GM needs slightly more than that, when the players face some difficult NPCs/Monsters.

Everything is SO much faster when every player has the dice he needs so he can build his dice pool while waiting for his turn and just add a bit to it. Speeds up combat by over 100%

I agree with Gallows.

FFG should come out with something more usefull than their current unbalanced dice packs, that you buy, and buy, and can't get enough of the dice you want.

Player's, and GM's packs would be great.

Vault's were the good starting point for that, but the opportunity was wasted...

With the core set, 8 dice packs, and now GM's Vault (I was so disappointed and mad when I opened this one, that I left the stuff for a few hours before opening the other boxes) I finally have enough Blue, Red, and Green dice to start throwing them at my players (Yay! A head shot!), but still lack in the field of Black and Purple (I like shareless play).

Hi guys,

Would you eb so kind as to give me yoru advice?

I'm thinkign of getting WFRP £4rd ed - and startimg a campaing with some freinds.

I like the idea of the new guides - since they are restructued and have the easy reference for all skills etc.

My quesiton is - CAN i start to play the game buyign separate books / guides - RATHER than the core set.

(Please ignore the issue of dice lets leave that separate - and just assuem I can get all the special dice I need 'somehow')

Will a players guide, and Gm's guide give me everythign I need to play as if I had bought the Core Box?

Lomack1978 said:

Hi guys,

Would you eb so kind as to give me yoru advice?

I'm thinkign of getting WFRP £4rd ed - and startimg a campaing with some freinds.

I like the idea of the new guides - since they are restructued and have the easy reference for all skills etc.

My quesiton is - CAN i start to play the game buyign separate books / guides - RATHER than the core set.

(Please ignore the issue of dice lets leave that separate - and just assuem I can get all the special dice I need 'somehow')

Will a players guide, and Gm's guide give me everythign I need to play as if I had bought the Core Box?

If you conjure up the dice from the great unknown it will still be cheaper to get the core set, rather than the guides and vaults.

Lomack1978 said:

Supposedly yes, you don't have to play with any of the cards, tokens, stand-ups that come in the vaults or Core Set.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet, and I think the game is much better with those pieces. If you want to play the game withs all the cards, etc then you'd need to buy the vaults or the Core Set.