Uh big change, little notice.

By Peacekeeper_b, in Dark Heresy

Well, looks nice!

Nagash1959 said:

It looks nice. I like it.

And for those wondering about the old threads, what ever will we do without our year and a half old thread about "Where are the Space Marines?" ;-)

All things change, so thank Tzeench and move on.

However I did notice that after submiting the message I get dropped back to the "What kind of game are you looking for?" lobby. I can see THAT getting annoying oh great FFG moderators!

I don't know about you but at least I had found a lot of nuggets in the form of rules and backround discussion. Obliterator virus for example.

Curses, where's the edit button?

Anyway, I don't mean that it's anything but an improvement. It'll take some time to get used to (like finding that **** button) and there's a lot of stuff to save from the old forum but it's all doable and in the end it's going to turn out great.

*edit* A-ha, there it is.

But then again, finding the edit button doesn't do much for me when it dissapears after a while. Here I am, having the two last posts in the relevant thread and want to say something. In the old forums I would have just edited it in but now it wont let me.

Anyway, is anyone but me getting bumped out to the first page when trying to enter the forums? I klick forums> RPG>Dark heresy and get sent to the first page.

Having to rely on chance and/or the ability to backtrack to get into the forums is a dealbreaker FFG, find it and fix it.

*edit* And there it goes again, now after posting this message. When I'm using the forums I want to use the forums.

Well, it appears that most of the links on this forum lead to the front page, because I'm struggling to navigate around it.

It strikes me as the kind of thing that they'd test and try and sort out before opening the site to the public.

Graspar said:

Anyway, is anyone but me getting bumped out to the first page when trying to enter the forums? I klick forums> RPG>Dark heresy and get sent to the first page.

Yup same here, it's driving me nuts!

Graspar said:

But then again, finding the edit button doesn't do much for me when it dissapears after a while. Here I am, having the two last posts in the relevant thread and want to say something. In the old forums I would have just edited it in but now it wont let me.

Having to rely on chance and/or the ability to backtrack to get into the forums is a dealbreaker FFG, find it and fix it.

*edit* And there it goes again, now after posting this message. When I'm using the forums I want to use the forums.

I have bookmarked this page for simplicity.

As for the lack of edit... I have started a thead in the support section, asking if the time limit can be removed or extended, since I can't edit my locater!

I agree with NO-1, that should really have been sorted out first. But it's happened, no point complaining, just point out the mistakes!

EDIT: Finding more of them, now my bookmark sends me to the homepage!

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm not that keen on the grey-on-grey text. Gets a little hard to read.

Could someone post the adress they have bookmarked? I can't really get to anything except this thread.

*edit

EDIT: Finding more of them, now my bookmark sends me to the homepage!

*Edit2:

Fine, I'll just stop using quotes if the codes is going to be like that. This borders on unusable

There we go, everything works when you don't log in. Sign out, get to the page you want, sign in, press backwards a few times, reload and everything is great.

..and I had just finished getting my profile configured at the old site ><

It looks a lot more user friendly and as soon when it is up and running it most certainly will be.

Not sure I like the colors. The lighter gray on the darker gray is hard on my old eyes. A little more contrast would be extremely helpful.

I haven't had any problems this morning with links sending me back to the 1st page, so maybe they have it fixed now.

The site as a whole looks great. As long as they leave the old forums available for a while, I think we'll be OK. But it would be nice if they could move the threads over instead of just letting them die there.

Okay, I'm finally able to reach the DH forum, now I can't see any of the fora or sub fora, I found this thread through the Search-Fu engine.
Hope they work out the buggs real quick

Santiago said:

Okay, I'm finally able to reach the DH forum, now I can't see any of the fora or sub fora, I found this thread through the Search-Fu engine.
Hope they work out the buggs real quick

Well, this sucked... I can't work out the quote system

Never mind the forums though, do we have an actual Dark Heresy site yet?

Yes, we have .

But still no Calixis enciclopedia of planets... -_-U

Anyone figure out how to upload your own avatar?

I too am getting old! Colours are a bit funny, but we'll manage. Spellchecker doesn't seem to like the proper way of spelling colour though gui%C3%B1o.gif

Dont like the new forums. I reaaly did prefer the older version. Im out.

Ripper.McGuirl said:

Anyone figure out how to upload your own avatar?

Simple.

You cant llorando.gif

Peacekeeper_b said:

Im out.

You're not going to post anymore because they changed the format? You post a lot man, it would be a shame to lose you over cosmetic changes.

Wow, this is a bit... different!

I can see the reason for it, but I'm seriously not a fan of the only "game" information that you can provide is FFG material. Cool idea that you get "points" for playing FFG material, but since I don't see a point in doing that then one entire section and profile information is null and void.

With that said, I overally like the move and the new style. There's a lot of wasted space for sure, but that's just scroll down time since I'm not going to bother with what someones top five FFG games are.

The grey-on-grey is more of a problem. It's not illegible, but it is more of a strain, and really not that hard to turn it to, say, white. The inability to upload your own avatar harks back to the BI forums. Unless I can be "me" I don't see the point in having an avatar that is limited to the FFG product range. Seeing someone with the Akrham Horror avatar is not going to inspire me to purchase the game, and certainly isn't going to help in differentiating between the other members who happen to have selected that avatar.

The lack of standard keyboard inputs is rather annoying. I dislike having to use the mouse to select smilies, for example, but otherwise the new formatting options are fine. A bit of a disjoint from the original forums, for sure, but every board seems to have its own quirks that you have to get used to and remember not to use on the others.

I'll have to see how the quotes work when we get into the discussions. When more people are over here having 40k discussions, that will probably be sorted out rather quickly. Formatting is a bit annoying, since you have to go back and insert italicisation, emboldened, etc.

On the bright side, most of the changes seem to be either cosmetic, or the desire to push - throttle! - the products. That last is understandable, though -- it is an FFG community, not a Dark Heresy one, and not a 40k one. (Or at least not specifically those communities.)

Kage