What other Forums are there for SWRPG?

By tank0625, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, Sturn said:

I'm getting more fear that if we have too many options, we aren't going to have the constant discussion, debate, and quick responses we are seeing here. I kinda hope one place will quickly rise to the top and everyone active here would quickly go register there.

Me too. But I heard a lot of people complaining about the options posted since most of them don't have the format that these forums had. I remembered Gaia has the same format and so decided to recreate the forums over there in case anyone prefers that option. I'll go where the people go but I know Reddit and Discord don't have as solid a layout.

4 hours ago, Rozial said:

Me too. But I heard a lot of people complaining about the options posted since most of them don't have the format that these forums had.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:00 AM, NicoJMont said:

I want to invite the community to the Star Wars: Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Community discussion boards.

https://legendsofthegalaxy.com/community-boards/

On 12/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Nytwyng said:

The basics are live. After I clock out of work for the day, I’ll be working on tweaking small features, bells, and whistles.

mySWRPG Forums

7 hours ago, Sturn said:

I'm getting more fear that if we have too many options, we aren't going to have the constant discussion, debate, and quick responses we are seeing here. I kinda hope one place will quickly rise to the top and everyone active here would quickly go register there.

Well let’s do a poll on people’s favorite forums. I am bias so I would need to abstain from voting as I run the world-wide Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Community. It would not be fair to vote for myself, lol.

Also I want to invite the community to post their games online the Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Community event calendar. This way players and GMs can network for games online, at your favorite local game shop, coffee shop, school, library, home, community center and more....

I can gladly welcome everyone here into a new space, I have a forum, but its got nothing much happening in it. I would gladly love to make more games avbailable for topics and questions and such. Since it is fairly quite new, not a lot has happened on it if anything at all. so opening up the floodgates for new members that love the games made through FFG would be wonderful!

Let me know if you guys want the link

Perhaps we try to split the forums among areas of focus?

I don't really know anything about the forums being discussed, but it sounds like LotG ( @NicoJMont ) and @Ni Fang 's forums have more to do with playing games or starting in-person games, while mySWRPG ( @Nytwyng ) is more of a discussion forum like this one?

Normally, I would not suggest splitting the focuses amongst different locations, but if we've got all three already it may be best to condense the areas of focus into particular forums.

10 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I don't really know anything about the forums being discussed, but it sounds like LotG ( @NicoJMont ) and @Ni Fang 's forums have more to do with playing games or starting in-person games, while mySWRPG ( @Nytwyng ) is more of a discussion forum like this one?

Normally, I would not suggest splitting the focuses amongst different locations, but if we've got all three already it may be best to condense the areas of focus into particular forums.

I just started playing this a few months ago and joined this forum and now its getting shut down. i just need to find the best forum alternative.

13 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

At this point I am trying to be both a place to roleplay and to discuss topics like how this forum is set up. I dont want to limit people either. So condensing into a single forum to migrate to, I'd need to add sections for everything thesew forums have already {unless the wayback machine is working as intended ?}

3 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I just started playing this a few months ago and joined this forum and now its getting shut down. i just need to find the best forum alternative.

I think if you are looking for a place to write and ask questions, its possible any one of the three forums so far offered on these forums might be best. I have the most experience though with Probards. But I am not sure of others on these forums for what they are used to. {roll20, mythweavers, RPGGeek, etc}

T

15 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Community forum is meant for game discussion and player gm networking both. I really want to see the game discussion and debates as it is some of my favorite stuff.

8 hours ago, NicoJMont said:

The Legends of the Galaxy Roleplaying Community forum is meant for game discussion and player gm networking both. I really want to see the game discussion and debates as it is some of my favorite stuff.

I'm just thinking of this flag. I'd rather the community not die off because we get segmented off with too little cross-over.

Join, or Die - Wikipedia

44 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm just thinking of this flag. I'd rather the community not die off because we get segmented off with too little cross-over.

Join, or Die - Wikipedia

Conversely, sometimes you get more creativity and innovation from several separate work groups, even if there is some bleed over and repetition (but that can happen even on a single board). It's not like there's anything that stops someone from using multiple sites, so I'm all for an anything goes approach.

17 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Join, or Die - Wikipedia

I am not saying Join or Die.... harsh lol

i just want you to know that we are more than what @P-47 Thunderbolt said was all.

I just want the community to stay together and our goal at LegendsoftheGalaxy is to support the entire Star Wars rpg community by being a hub for creative works, a place for social networking, we fill the gap of game discussion, and we offer a calendar anyone can use to schedule game events with their groups

There are discussions still going on here that are beginning on the other two forums. It would be nice to see those conversations slowly move away from here to those forums. If we know the lights are going off, why not have the candles already lit?

Edited by Sturn

Wow, this is a huge bummer. I recently got back into SWRPG as a player for a change and now I'm gonna be running a game again after a decently long break. To see that the forums are going away sucks, there's so many good resources posted here along with some really chill people to discuss the fandom with. As someone with limited time, I unfortunately won't have the time to make a copy of all the relevant community resources and posts before the end of the month.

5 hours ago, GroggyGolem said:

Wow, this is a huge bummer. I recently got back into SWRPG as a player for a change and now I'm gonna be running a game again after a decently long break. To see that the forums are going away sucks, there's so many good resources posted here along with some really chill people to discuss the fandom with. As someone with limited time, I unfortunately won't have the time to make a copy of all the relevant community resources and posts before the end of the month.

There are two forums (see above) that are so far copying links into threads. Please join one or both of those forums to keep the chatter going.