Well dangit

By TasteTheRainbow, in X-Wing

Gonna miss this... 😥

Sucks baubles. This is by far my favoured discussion format. Call me old, but Reddit and Discord are just weird.

Oh and Facebook, which is beyond weird. But I'm there nevertheless, I suppose spam inbound. UK X-Wingers, you've been warned.

So I guess, this.

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Which is by far the most nicest bye pic I'm likely to ever see.

Edited by Cuz05

Welp. The forums have always been a way for me to enjoy the games, since I very rarely have a chance to actively play them. I'm truly bummed that they're going away... Is there a more or less defined place the community is moving to?

While there hasn't been a lot of opportunity to play X-wing in person for me (even before Covid), reading this forum, real people talking about the game has become a substitute drug. (The other one being FlyCasual.)

Never tried Discord yet, maybe one should follow the crowd (if it is gathering there) ...?

6 minutes ago, takfar said:

Welp. The forums have always been a way for me to enjoy the games, since I very rarely have a chance to actively play them. I'm truly bummed that they're going away... Is there a more or less defined place the community is moving to?

I thing the two best bets are the XwingTMG subreddit, and the GSP discord.

It feels daft that there hasn't been an accompanying announcement from AMG going "Hey guys, here's the list of new official channels by which we'll be communicating with you!". There needs to be a place, which they control and which is not a social media platform, where people can discuss their games and give feedback.

Shan't lie, I'll miss the Rules Questions forum. That section has given me a great deal of satisfaction in improving my understanding of the rules.

Thumbs Up Crying Cat | Know Your Meme

Don't make me regret this folks:

https://discord.gg/rfvyBYnR (FFG Forums Refugees)

13 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

It feels daft that there hasn't been an accompanying announcement from AMG going "Hey guys, here's the list of new official channels by which we'll be communicating with you!". There needs to be a place, which they control and which is not a social media platform, where people can discuss their games and give feedback.

While I agree, FFG is shuttering all of their forums, so it is plenty likely that Asmodee didn't inform AMG on the shutdown since it isn't just X-Wing.

54 minutes ago, Managarmr said:

Anyways, I got here originally due to the (first) painting and modding subforum, and got stuck on all the helpful improve-your-play-threads.

I gonna miss this place. And many insightful posters. I actually hate Facebook, and use Discord very sparsely, only for role play stuff.

So probably I gonna save a lot of lifetime now , instead of engaging into substitionous time-consuming online X-wing discussion here.

I wonder how many players FFG/AMG might loose as this focal discussion point gets its plug drawn. And thus one reason keeping being interested in X-Wing, while not able to play face to face.

Yeah, most likely I'm done being online for XWM.

I will miss posting my crazy ideas for the game and getting engaging feedback.

I was looking forward to getting into some ideas about space stations with @LUZ_TAK over in the Epic Subforum.

Ah, well.

22 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

There needs to be a place, which they control and which is not a social media platform, where people can discuss their games and give feedback.

This is why I joined these forums originally.

Honestly, I have always been dismayed by the lack of official interaction other than the Mods occasionally posting "YOU BE NICE TO YOUR FELLOW FORUMITES, BECAUSE IF I HAVE TO STOP THIS TIE FIGHTER. . . "

11 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Don't make me regret this folks:

https://discord.gg/rfvyBYnR (FFG Forums Refugees)

LOL.

Well, if I do join, I'll keep my handle so y'all can continue to tease me for the things you already know. ;)

4 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I was looking forward to getting into some ideas about space stations with @LUZ_TAK over in the Epic Subforum.

Let's find a room... I meant a place to chat it up.

Thanks to all of you for the good times, the arguments, the memes, everything. I'll miss just about every one of you. It's a shame I never got to play any of you, or maybe I did but never knew. Au revoir, mes amis.

It is a stupid move already seen which would damage company and community as well. Ok, the golden age of webforum is over. But they should transform the community and not disband it. It is throwing money out of the window

2 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

It's like having your dog die.

Well, at least we won't have to put up with this twunt any more.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

https://youtu.be/P2fIkHRfllQ

Well, ladies and gentlemen. It has been an honor playing with you tonight. What, being on a sinking forum ship and all that. This video made me think of our dysfunctional little pile of nerds. All fighting and working together at different times. I'm also an LP lover, so all the tears.

Wow, almost six years on here. In case it needs to be said, we cool. I got no beefs that I leave here with. I ain't about that. We fight. We argue. We b#$&h. We laugh. We giggle. We compliment. And we give thanks... And now we move on to the next thing. This has been our way. This is the way.

I hope to see some familiar handles around in the future. If your out there and see 'SwoopJawa' on Discord, that's me. And if AMG forums get any attention, I'll start a profile there with this handle. So uh, handles dibs lol. Maybe I'll change it to ForceGhost.

Tag me for a final whasup if you want, we can reminisce. If not, and we don't see each other again, well... You know 😜 🤣

May the Force be with you. Always.

2 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

An ageing and incontinent half-blind dog that continually shat itself in the bed then rolled around on it and smeared the **** everywhere.

Can you not be a c**t for just one day?

Huge bummer, but then, I feel like the good parts of FFG are gradually being killed off anyway.

Where does a 'Winger go for discussion? Reddit? I don't grok Discord. I actually prefer the stickiness of the forum format.

3 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

An ageing and incontinent half-blind dog that continually shat itself in the bed then rolled around on it and smeared the **** everywhere.

Well I guess I better say it now or never. Honestly almost all of your posts are borderline offensive and this kind of post just really exemplifies your personality. I don't understand how someone could act with so much anger so consistently throughout everything especially in a era of covid. Some of your comments, especially in the Max thread, are just maddening with how unsympathetic you seem to be to other humans and just everything else in general. You need to have a serious wake up call on the type of person you want to be. Because when I think about the worst parts of the X-Wing community you are regularly one of the first things to come to mind and I would not want to play a game of X-Wing against you in the slightest because of how you actively choose to behave.

Edited by SnooSnarry
3 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I've known that to happen. The whole family were gutted as we all loved that dog, from playful pup to doddery old dog age.

I feel a lot of people here also love "this dog", even when "it" occasionaly smeared crap everywhere.

Welp, this is bad news for me, because I'm not on social media and don't intend to be on it soon. I guess I'll just have to get all my news from Crabbok/Hairy Nick and pray that they'll make a bunch of videos that help with strategy/list building...

24 minutes ago, SnooSnarry said:

Well I guess I better say it now or never.

Ya know, that's a good point. Not to go all The Purge 'ish, but if there was anything anyone wanted to say without worrying about being banned from the forums...

509c464792241ea6177721705f2502f5.gif

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Its been a pleasure ;)

Seriously, in this forum I can (could) search for and find info that was given weeks or months ago - and still useful.

Discord - really?

Reddit at least has threads.

There is the BGG forum, X-Wing traffic there is ... low.

Did I miss anything? Dreaming of AMG community forums - did they even hire a developer for X-wing?

28 minutes ago, Dwing said:

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Its been a pleasure ;)

I'm literally pausing the movie as he is reaching into his pocket after this line to put the ring on, to come read a few posts, check a notification, and this happens. The timing of this. The odds. Astronomical. Like... How!?

Time stamp on the YouTube rentable extended edition: 0:19:33. I'm not even joking.

Edited by ForceSensitive
Edit add
2 minutes ago, ForceSensitive said:

I'm literally pausing the movie as he is reaching into his pocket after this line to put the ring on, to come read a few posts, check a notification, and this happens. The timing of this. The odds. Astronomical. Like... How!?

3720 to 1 I'd say