Well dangit

By TasteTheRainbow, in X-Wing

I like you guys. :(

Well, now I know why I cannot find very old content out here.

They've already begun shutting down things.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish! | Drifting In and Out Of Steel

Edited by Darth Meanie

6cEcnEt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Edited by Flurpy

Is there an X wing discord? I’d like to have a way to keep up with what’s going on in x wing world

13 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

6cEcnEt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

??

I mean, your only interaction with me was passive-aggressive Confused Emojis so maybe you don't care about the forums anyways.

You've certainly never brightened my day.

12 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

Is there an X wing discord? I’d like to have a way to keep up with what’s going on in x wing world

Yes, if this is still relevant:

The community killed the forums themselves with the move to facebook and all the different discords, already before Covid hit.
Look at the front page. 12 threads had a post within 24h. And several have their last post from Friday . That was unimaginable just a year ago.

It is sad for the forums of the past. But time to let go of the forums of today.

F

Y'all made me feel like I was part of a weird, dysfunctional family. I'll miss you all.

I go by afishisborn on discord and reddit, so I hope to still see some of you all around

7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

The community killed the forums themselves with the move to facebook and all the different discords, already before Covid hit.
Look at the front page. 12 threads had a post within 24h. And several have their last post from Friday . That was unimaginable just a year ago.

It is sad for the forums of the past. But time to let go of the forums of today.

Actually the posts always slow down around the holidays, I’ve been here since 13 and it’s always been this way.

Edited by Vykk Draygo
Spelling.
18 minutes ago, Ywingscum said:

This one -?

https://disboard.org/de/servers/tag/x-wing-miniatures

Any other recommendation?

29 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Well, the developers had a chance to make the forums relevant with news and info and community interaction, but they decided to join Discord instead and post all their official updates elsewhere.

Nevertheless, I'm sure this has a lot more to do with cleaning house given that FFG no longer supports XWM at all.

I'm not in Fachebook anymore.

Where are the active forums, if any?

1 minute ago, Larky Bobble said:

I'm not in Fachebook anymore.

Where are the active forums, if any?

Reddit is pretty active, lots of Discord channels and FB groups.

I'll miss these forums, for more than just X-Wing. Even then, I have enjoyed the Painting and Mod and Squadbuilding sub forums a lot. This sucks, I figured it was coming for Xwing/Armada/Legion, but just taking down all of them really sucks.

Well, as much as some malign the forums, I have enjoyed my time here. I appreciate the conversations and the arguments and nonsense. As always, community has been the greatest part of X-wing, and the forums were an extensio nof that, and I will be sad to see them go. Thanks for the ride. I'll likely be here until the end. Hopefully, AMG will start something and I'll see you all there, but I don't see that in the cards.

9 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Nevertheless, I'm sure this has a lot more to do with cleaning house given that FFG no longer supports XWM at all.

Definitely cleaning house, as it is all FFG forums being shut down not just the lines that are being transferred to AMG.

giphy.gif

Well, it's been fun.... going to miss some of you folks for sure.

I dont understand, whats happened, othe rthan the move to AMG, is FFG shutting down the forums?

Edited by Scum4Life
1 minute ago, Scum4Life said:

I dont understand, whats happened, othe rthan the move to AMG, is FFG shutting down the forums?

F

Edited by 97Starvipper

It's like having your dog die.

An ageing and incontinent half-blind dog that continually shat itself in the bed then rolled around on it and smeared the **** everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

It's like having your dog die.

An ageing and incontinent half-blind dog that continually shat itself in the bed then rolled around on it and smeared the **** everywhere.

And. . .

Then there are the things I won't miss.

Sad news. As gaming forums go, this was overall very nice, helpful, entertaining and educational. I jumped ship on Xwing after a few days of reading some threads on gameplay, batreps, squad building and such.

I find it surprising that Asmodee just throws away the forums and it's users. Many companies would love to create a community like this around their products. It was very easy for AMG to pick up the forums, clean up a bit and build from there.

Thank you everyone who was nice and helpful.

Edited by LUZ_TAK
spelling

The surprising part of that is they seem to be shutting everything down not simply the games they are no longer publishing. I guess I will have to look into this "discord" thing.

I don't like change that isn't my idea.

Well now this is just a fine how do you do... ****.

Hopefully we can revive the X wing discord. I have been noticing that it has been sort of dead lately. I will miss yall!

Server costs? Could be hinting towards financial issues?

Anyways, I got here originally due to the (first) painting and modding subforum, and got stuck on all the helpful improve-your-play-threads.

I gonna miss this place. And many insightful posters. I actually hate Facebook, and use Discord very sparsely, only for role play stuff.

So probably I gonna save a lot of lifetime now, instead of engaging into substitionous time-consuming online X-wing discussion here.

I wonder how many players FFG/AMG might loose as this focal discussion point gets its plug drawn. And thus one reason keeping being interested in X-Wing, while not able to play face to face.

Edited by Managarmr