Andor!

By whafrog, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I wish I could find the picture, but in the litany of fake logos following the announcement, I think I saw that one. As well as one for Jeans Guy. 😁

7 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

Maybe it's all a big misunderstanding and there's been a typo: it's really a live action show about Ewoks guerillas versus the Empire called "Endor".

The Battle for Endor is just begging for a modern remake.

roohuhhofie51.jpg

I'm thinking John C. Reilly as Noa Briqualon.

And the world misses Teek. Don't you all miss Teek?

qmbc9-Y7CGKEXPJCR-Full-Image_GalleryBack

Duplicate.

Edited by atama2

Duplicate.

Edited by atama2

Duplicate.

Edited by atama2
Just now, atama2 said:

The Battle for Endor is just begging for a modern remake.

roohuhhofie51.jpg

I'm thinking John C. Reilly as Noa Briqualon.

And the world misses Teek. Don't you all miss Teek?

qmbc9-Y7CGKEXPJCR-Full-Image_GalleryBack

Honestly? I’ve thought about throwing Noa in as an NPC sometime. But the GM of the games I play in beat me to it. I think I was the only one at the table who got it when he dropped the name.

Andor will debut sometime in 2022 .

The series, aptly titled Andor , is set five years before the events of Andor's death.

Huh. Reading up on this guy on Wokieepedia, and wandering off the path towards Ewoks in general, I just discovered that "therapy Ewoks" are something that exists in canon, which is nice.

11 minutes ago, micheldebruyn said:

Huh. Reading up on this guy on Wokieepedia, and wandering off the path towards Ewoks in general, I just discovered that "therapy Ewoks" are something that exists in canon, which is nice.

I...seem to remember reading that somewhere. Sentient therapy animals that will gladly cook and eat you...who signed off on this? 😁

Edited by Nytwyng
1 hour ago, Nytwyng said:

I...seem to remember reading that somewhere. Sentient therapy animals that will gladly cook and eat you...who signed off on this? 😁

The canonical novel Aftermath: Life Debt includes "therapy Ewoks", but since Ewoks were judged to be too smelly the New Republic opts to replace them with droids.

It sounds like a bad joke but it's really in there. πŸ˜–

On 12/15/2020 at 7:05 AM, atama2 said:

I can't see Cara Dune as the focus of a show, but as said before she's a really good supporting character, and I don't see why she couldn't continue that in a new show. If she is the bridge between that series and The Mandalorian, that doesn't mean she also has to be its main protagonist.

I'm not fond of the Cara Dune character so would be put off if she were the focus. But as you suggest, she would make a good bridge as the Marshal. She could presumably act as a quest giver as she does for Din.

29 minutes ago, atama2 said:

The canonical novel Aftermath: Life Debt includes "therapy Ewoks", but since Ewoks were judged to be too smelly the New Republic opts to replace them with droids.

It sounds like a bad joke but it's really in there. πŸ˜–

Read those. (Well...listened to the audiobooks.) I thought it sounded familiar, just couldn't place it.

My question still stands, though...who in the NR signed off on that as a good idea in the first place? πŸ˜†

2 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Read those. (Well...listened to the audiobooks.) I thought it sounded familiar, just couldn't place it.

My question still stands, though...who in the NR signed off on that as a good idea in the first place? πŸ˜†

As far as I know, Jar Jar might still be alive (though he’d be pretty old). Let’s blame him.

3 minutes ago, Dazgrim said:

I'm not fond of the Cara Dune character so would be put off if she were the focus. But as you suggest, she would make a good bridge as the Marshal. She could presumably act as a quest giver as she does for Din.

Yep. There are supporting characters who can be spun off of their "home" shows to be the lead without skipping a beat (lookin' at you, Angel). And then there are those who just don't have that presence to be the anchor (How you doin', Joey Tribbiani?). I totally agree that she falls in that latter category. (For that matter, so does Greef. Awesome character, especially now that he's nominally a "good guy." But he'd serve better as one of those characters that does the research back at base, assigns the missions, and occasionally goes out in the field.)

2 minutes ago, atama2 said:

As far as I know, Jar Jar might still be alive (though he’d be pretty old). Let’s blame him.

HA! Not sure a sad-sack children's clown on Naboo (also from one of the Aftermath books... Empire's End , I think) has the kind of power to green light the program, but we can go with it. :D

5 hours ago, micheldebruyn said:

I just discovered that "therapy Ewoks" are something that exists in canon, which is nice.

If the therapy comes with a catapult, I'm in... :ph34r:

I hope the show takes place before the events of Rogue One.

There's not a lot of Cassian left for after.

31 minutes ago, RLogue177 said:

I hope the show takes place before the events of Rogue One.

There's not a lot of Cassian left for after.

I'd rather it be after R1 and we find out that Cassian is a role played by Alliance spies (i.e., their James Bond), not one particular dude. In this case though, the new Cassian Andor just happens to be the twin brother of the last one (both played by DL).

How about a Monty Python scene with Jyn and Him on a street on some planet "my, that was an amazing escape"....

The blast from the Death Star obviously blew them to safety.

It turns out that they were both fully encased in thin transparent suits of flexible Beskar and so were completely invulnerable.

Just before the blast hit them, they jumped into a lead lined refrigerator.

They were pulled through the World Between Worlds.

5 hours ago, kaosoe said:

They were pulled through the World Between Worlds.

The force doesn't care about the little people. They just get hoovered up into the cosmic force.

Edited by Eoen
On 12/15/2020 at 3:53 PM, Nytwyng said:

Well, it doesn't have to be the cuddling and petting furry creatures sort of therapy. I can imagine some old soldiers wanting to relax renting a tree blind Ewok home on Endor, sitting down with their pals, drinking spiked blue milk, while going full-auto with repeating blasters on the furry creatures running about. Different kinds of therapy for different folks.