VASSAL CW SWISS US

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

@The Jabbawookie This is supposed to be the wave that demonstrates squadless is garbage. Stop messing up the data.

6 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

@The Jabbawookie This is supposed to be the wave that demonstrates squadless is garbage. Stop messing up the data.

If that’s what they wanted they shouldn’t have buffed evade and nerfed Intel and given stuff amazing flak though... 🤔

@Roquax and I just finished, I won 312 to 265, MoV 47. We played my Contested Outpost.

I lined my Munificents up in row such that 3 would be within distance 1 of the station, he charged forward and closed to close range at the end of turn 2. Turn three saw lots of carnage, with 2 Munificents (Including my Flag) and both his Clams dying. Turns 4 through 6 the remaining ships grew apart, and flak killed a number of his squads (mine all died top of Turn 2). He snagged a CO Victory Token at the end of Turn 6.

Log: vlog

@JJs Juggernaut vs @itzSteve

1st Player: JJs Juggernaut

Objective: Solar Corona

Score: 344-24

Winner: JJs Juggernaut

MoV: 320 (10-1)

@JolliGreenGiant vs @Giraffasaur

Jolligreengiant 380 - Giraffasaur 216 MoV 164 8-3

Fabulous writeup courtesy of Giraffausar follows! It was a really, really fun and dramatic game.

Turn one:
Separatist go on the squadron offensive, but have they extended themselves too far? In one decisive return strike, the Republic answers in kind. The droid fighters begin to crumble before the might of Bail Organa's forces, but the Republic fighters have taken a beating themselves.

Turn two:
Kraken's droids advance! Pushing through the Republic lines, he orders are forces to focus fire on Luminara's clone company. The evasive clones manage to hold out long enough to crush the remaining Tri-Fighters while draining the shields of an out-of-place Hardcell-class Transport.

Turn three:
DAMAGE! The first assault from Organa's Flagship, the Implacable, fires a deadly barrage at the Hardcell, but the dastardly thing manages to escape a deadly fate! Additional fire assaults a mighty Munificent, but it pushes the damage aside as though it were nothing! In retaliation, the Munificent punishes Bail for closing the distance too early, and we see his ship go up in flames while bringing down the attacker in the process.

Turn four:
The Hardcell limps away from combat, but the Republic attacks Kraken himself to crush the Separatist forces once and for all! But what's this? The nearly-done droid bombers swoop in as a last resort...and fail! The Republic bombers crash into Kraken's hull with devastating results. Squadrons and ships fall alike, and Kraken's hull is severed in half!

Turn five:
The Republic forces use their last mighty Acclamator to hunt down the two remaining Hardcells fleeting the scene. After a strong attempt from a Hardcell to take down the Acclamator, but dies in the crossfire.

Turn six:
A lowly Separatist Hardcell runs away to tell of the fate of his droid counterparts, as the Republic forces lead their way to report their victory to their superiors.

CaribbeanNinja (256) v AngryEwok (109) for a 147 (8-3) to me.

@PT106 vs @ransburger ended in 3 rounds with 400-139 MoV 261 (9-2) to me.

A bloody battle with the first shot fired from Zak's corvette first activation round 2 for 5 damage (4 hits and a double). The return shot was as hot - side arc of the Acclamator after swiveling produced 7 damage (evaded down to 4 - but still enough to critically cripple her and kill during follow-up corvette activation). Unfortunately dice gods did fail @ransburger in he following skirmish several times and that was enough to shift the tide of battle in my favor. Round 3 started as a bloody free-for-all

vsRansburgerRd3-2s.jpg.d7cf4c899c56c52c64155dbbb54be2bc.jpg

And ended with my right Acclamator and middle corvette being dead and @ransburger being tabled with corvette ramming Nevoota Bee to death as last activation of the round.

Clon vs @rythos42 ends with 351-275 MOV 76 (7-4) to me.

a bloody game starting on turn one with my hyperspace ring fighters bombing and killing one of his v-19s. The fighting continued all the way to turn 6 trading blows and ending with a single corvette alive on each side and about half of my squadron wing.

Cael vs. Mala ends 400 - 234 to me.

We played Cael's Fleet ambush.

The rival Super Tactical Droids fought a violent scrum amid the asteroid cluttered ambush zone. What were they fighting over? Strategic disagreements? Mining rights?

We each traded off 2 Munificents and all our generic fighters over rounds 3 &4. In the last 2 rounds my remaining Muni was able to hunt down 2 Hardcells for the tabling.

Brawls between Kraken Munis are brutal - the salvos wrack up nearly as much damage as the actual shots!

Edited by Mala

@emfrank72 vs Tokra is over.

emfrank72 got 33 points (Grievous and one Hyena)
Tokra got 491 points (341 from everything but one Hardcell + 150 from Tokens).

I could choose, and we were playing my Superiour Positions. In the end it was a good decission to pick second player.

Sorry again for this many disconnects. My provider is total **** right now. I guess i had 7 or 8 reconnects over the match.

This result might look extreme, but it was more or less the dice that nailed it. My anti squadron was always fitting, and nearly max damage. This way he lost all his squadrons way too fast, and could not counter it well enough.
On top there were many attacks in the rear, that totally messed up the score. I didnt even know that a red can roll double hits for squadrons (really, does not happen this often...). But DBS-404, who is doing 3 damage, combined with an ACC, in the rear, is really nasty. And this for 3 turns...
The two Munificent ships could take down the enemy ships quite well and fast this time.

My own Munificent was on 3 hull, but the shields were still fine (or were again, after a repair).

And i really love this Sa Nalaor Titel. It is really great. I noticed it already in the first round. The amount of damage, that this titel can aborb, is nasty. An Evade, that normally cannot be blocked with accuracy is just too good, on long range.

Thanks again for this match, and i hope that my connection is becoming better for the next round. Or this will be annoying again.

(reported in the Euro thread)

CahoonM (GAR) v. @Maturin (CIS)

240-206 (6-5) win for CahoonM

MoV 34

Maturin was first and picked CahoonM's Fleet in Being. Sa Naldr was limping away until Luminara rolled a lucky blue hit against it to secure the win.

Edited 10 hours ago by CahoonM

A tense and exciting game with a great opponent. Extreme dice swings were prevalent in this game, with CahoonM’s vet gunners turning a front arc shot from three damage to an acc and multiple blanks at first. But they made up for it that final turn by rerolling his reds into three double hits, fatally damaging my Sa Naladr so Luminara could finish it off. A hard fought and well deserved victory!

Edited by Maturin

@BiggsIRL defeats @bleachorange 192 - 137 for a 55 MOV / 6-5. It should have been a win for Bleach the other way, but an Acclamator flew straight a little too long, and forgot to navigate.

16 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

@BiggsIRL defeats @bleachorange 192 - 137 for a 55 MOV / 6-5. It should have been a win for Bleach the other way, but an Acclamator flew straight a little too long, and forgot to navigate.

Great game, I will certainly learn to plan like a ship will live in the future!

56 minutes ago, bleachorange said:

Great game, I will certainly learn to plan like a ship will live in the future!

And I will know that a ECM-less Maleficent can't survive two front arcs, back to back, from Acclamators.

@ExplosiveTooka v Sam ends 322-140 for me with an MOV of 182. I won the roll off and chose her Asteroid Tactics. Her cunning tactics paired with some ice cold rolls to start on my end had me tilting for a bit there but Bail and the clones somehow managed to sink both Munificent's while only losing the Clam2. Thank you again for the game and best of luck in the rest of the tourney!

Edited by MandalorianMoose

Obi-Wan seized the high ground against Count Dooku and scored 293 - 72 (9-2) in Scipio83’s match against mmusterer.

Scipio83 (293)

mmusterer (72)

player4047325 defeats Guitboxer 154-54 for a 100pt MoV.

Thanks Guitboxer for helping me through the Vassal learning curve and for a great game.

Sobonis01 defeated Lazorbeems 214 to 194. I had my carrier sit on the station and eat tokens at speed 0.

@PT106 vs @BiggsIRL ends up with 344-185 (MoV 159 8-3) to me.

The luck tilted this game a lot in my favor at least twice: first time with my RBD Acclamator surviving a round at 1 hull (Biggs needed to roll 2 damage on 2 reds with LTT and only got 1 - that allowed Acc to RBD/Repair and unload a full front arc before dying) and with his flagship getting a projector misaligned crit and losing 4 shields (which doomed her). So I ended up killing all 3 Munificents and some droids while losing an Acclamator and a supply corvette.

Edited by PT106

Game for @Darkwrath and I concludes

We both had 400 points and I lost the initiative roll.
I was given first player.

I picked Planetary Ion Cannon

I lost 308 points, and Darkwrath lost 291 for a total score of 17 MOV for a 6-5 Win to DarkWrath

The game went heavily in my favor the first 3 rounds, however due to two different rams early on (each hardcell on a different Muni) eventually lead to my downfall as well as my squadrons eventually getting picked apart but wiping their fair share of enemy squadrons.

Fantastic game, as the only two surviving ships was my Commanders Harcell and Darkwraths Counselor.

@cael and I played.

He won the roll off took first and my firing lanes.

Tides with projection experts weathered a lot before dying.

In the end I had all the firing lanes tokens and he had a vulture ace and a hard cell.

Ending up with 592-92 in my favor.

Edited by Beanicus
grammar

@JJs Juggernaut vs @rasproteus

1st Player: JJs Juggernaut

Objective: Surprise Attack

Score: 400-93

Winner: JJs Juggernaut

MoV: 307 (10-1)

@itzSteve vs. @rythos42

1st Player: rythos42

Objective: Planetary Ion Cannons

Score: 298-167

Winner: itzSteve

MoV: 131 (7-4)

@Angry_Ewok vs Tokra is over.

I had the choice and picked first player. We were playing Ewoks Planetary Ion Cannon.
Angry_Ewok destroyed 23 points. One Belablub (whatever this name is...) and the lonly Vulture Droid Fighter.
I destroyed 54 points (7 Vulture Droid Fighter).

There was not much happening in the match. 2 Munifcient on each side, 9 and 8 squadrons on each side, Dooku on both side.
We were basically doing circles, and tried to take down a few squadrons. In two rounds i was a able to take out a few squadrons and could run again. Giving him no chance to attack back (only had to sacrifce the vulture droid fighter). And in round 6 we were going in, and slaughtered a few squadrons. i lost one Belablub but in the end i could take out 3 more vulture droids Fighter.

The ships were only damaged from the ramming that we did, because there was nothing else.

emfrank72 vs Ling27

1st Player: emfrank72

Objective: Blockade Run

Score: 438 to 0

Winner: emfrank72

MoV: 438 (10-1)

I think I finally figured out how to fight my fleet. Dooku finally did some good by stopping his squadron dials which allowed me to destroy most of Ling27's squads in second and third round. It didn't help that he barely flew one of his ships off the map in either round 2 or maybe 3. Otherwise, I think it would have been a closer match. I really enjoyed competing with Ling27 as the match went pretty smooth and I feel we were more evenly matched in experience compared to my previous opponents.