VASSAL CW SWISS US

By Green Knight, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

Beanicus vs Karneck

We both had 400 points and I won the initiative roll.
I chose to go 2nd.

Beanicus picked Asteroid Tactics.

I lost 155 points, and Beanicus lost 279 for a total score of 124 MOV for a 7-4 Win to Karneck

Excellent game played, lots of dice, lots of blasting. Lots of swing moments. Tons of fun.

Player4047325 victory over CahoonM. 8-3, MoV 140

CaribbeanNinja 520 - Rythos42 111

Bail Organa set up this exercise! Rythos unfortunately made a critical screening mistake which let my Y-wings take down the flagship too fast. This, coupled with RIDICULOUS dice from my clams Anakin, Y-Wings (I think I had 4 damage on Salvo 3 times) allowed me to control the Fire Lanes tokens for most of the game.

A wonderful opponent and a tough but fun game. Good luck in the rest of the war!

@Tokra vs. Jabba has concluded; Jabba wins 7-4, MoV 90.

Tokra had the bid and chose first. He deployed the Munis to one side, sheltered by obstruction with Dooku behind them heading for the corner. I placed 5 Chargers in the center to flank and 2 directly in front.

No shots round 1, but 2-6 were brutal. Obi-wan is really good if you can keep those redirects over the course of the game; between him and the new evades, the Chargers felt more like Hammerheads than CR90s. 2 chargers, a Munificent and 19 points of squadrons died. Dooku's Hardcell was chased off the board by 3 Chargers who narrowly avoided the same fate.

Tokra played a mean game, and things were close up to the very end. Well done!

ExplosiveTooka 505 - @Darkwrath 38

Darkwrath won the rolloff but gave first player to me. I picked their precision strike, and used dooku to win the squad fight, along with Sa Naloar and hyenas to kill the clone nav officer on the consular to prevent raid clearance(he managed it once, I didn't want him to manage it again) I tried to trade my ToP XII for his Implacable, however the dice gods smiled on me to a ridiculous degree (5 blanks rolled from 3 dice and two rerolls to deal one damage) and ToP survived. Concentrated fire and hyenas killed the flagship.

3 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

ExplosiveTooka 505 - @Darkwrath 38

Darkwrath won the rolloff but gave first player to me. I picked their precision strike, and used dooku to win the squad fight, along with Sa Naloar and hyenas to kill the clone nav officer on the consular to prevent raid clearance(he managed it once, I didn't want him to manage it again) I tried to trade my ToP XII for his Implacable, however the dice gods smiled on me to a ridiculous degree (5 blanks rolled from 3 dice and two rerolls to deal one damage) and ToP survived. Concentrated fire and hyenas killed the flagship.

I think she also rolled double red dice over 12 times ... so ya the gods def loved ExplosiveTooka. Thanks again for the game good luck on your next match!

Edited by Darkwrath

@rasproteus defeats @Maturin 249-148

Wat Tambor and the Techno Union pulling my rear end out of the fire - my flagship was down to 1 hull and only 2 shields on my rear hull zone when he showed up. Gave me enough shields to survive the last squadron attack and into the next round. Survived one more shot at range from Maturin's remaining Munificent, and then was able to just dump a TON of shields back onto that ship and survive the last shot of the game.

After a real knuckleduster brawl,

@Mala trounced @scipio83 7-4 (273 - 190).

GhostofNobodyInParticular vs @Giraffasaur ends 186-135 in my favor. MoV 51, 6-5. We played his Asteroid Tactics.

I won the bid by one and chose his Asteroid Tactics. He deployed the obstacles in a gently curving line across the middle of the map. I deployed in the bottom left, he deployed across the middle, his bombers on his far left.

Turn 1 we all moved cautiously forward. I moved my ships forward speed 1, 3 diagonally toward his, one going wide around the asteroids.

Turn 2 I used Dooku to raid squadron and sent 3 of my fighters (leaving a generic behind) toward his bombers and managed to take two squads out. His squadrons enveloped mine. One of his Hardcells traded shots with my Munificents.

Turn 3 I forgot to use Dooku to raid his squads, and his squads pulverized mine, though I managed to account for a generic Tri. His Hardcell was badly damaged, as was my lead Munificent.

Turn 4 saw the demise of the two aforementioned ships - the Muni killed the Hardcell then kamikazed into his non-flagship Munificent. I had Dooku'ed squad, so his squadrons spent their time moving up.

Turn 5 his Munificent died, and my flagship was stripped of most of its shields. I Dooku'ed repairs.

Turn 6 I killed his last generic bomber and my flagship successfully avoided the 3 damage it needed to die.

Overall a great game! Giraffasaur was an excellent opponent, who very kindly kept reminding me of mistakes I had made. One conclusion to draw from this - LTTs are OP. ADD two dice to your anti-squadron attack? We thought it was just 'make a squad attack of 2 dice' and that was good enough! ANDyou can reroll a red? 3 of my Munificents only had LTTs - 77 points for one BEAST of a ship: highly maneuverable, GREAT against a single annoying generic squadron (like Hyena bombers), and fairly tanky. Although I did roll extremely well (barely a blank red the entire game!) so maybe our results are skewed. . .

LOG file

9 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

One conclusion to draw from this - LTTs are OP. ADD two dice to your anti-squadron attack? We thought it was just 'make a squad attack of 2 dice' and that was good enough! ANDyou can reroll a red? 3 of my Munificents only had LTTs - 77 points for one BEAST of a ship: highly maneuverable, GREAT against a single annoying generic squadron (like Hyena bombers), and fairly tanky. Although I did roll extremely well (barely a blank red the entire game!) so maybe our results are skewed. . .

Yes, you can add two dice to attack one single squadron, but then you're not shooting any other ships or squadrons out of the same arc, unless Gunnery Team or Advanced Gunnery. That's a big sacrifice--it better be worth it. (Of course, if your opponent puts just one or two squadrons in your arc, then LTT away!)

If anything feels OP, it's the fact that the red reroll works on every attack. If you have red anti-ship it's a better DTT. If you have red flak it's Annihilator. If you have both, like the Munificent, it's a no-brainer upgrade.

Edited by Bertie Wooster
1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Yes, you can add two dice to attack one single squadron, but then you're not shooting any other ships or squadrons out of the same arc, unless Gunnery Team or Advanced Gunnery. That's a big sacrifice--it better be worth it. (Of course, if your opponent puts just one or two squadrons in your arc, then LTT away!)

Well, the Munificents only have 1 red flak die. There is no point flaking scatter aces. I prefer to roll 3 red dice against a single hull 3 or 4 squad, and potentially evaporate a squad per turn, rather than plink at 5 squads and do maybe 2 or 3 damage between them.

Especially if you can pair it with the Tri-droid aces.

1 hour ago, Bertie Wooster said:

If anything feels OP, it's the fact that the red reroll works on every attack. If you have red anti-ship it's a better DTT. If you have red flak it's Annihilator. If you have both, like the Munificent, it's a no-brainer upgrade.

Yes! Salvo, flak, and main attack. It was nuts.

Angry_Ewok vs. Clonetrooper5

400 to 64 for Angry_Ewok. My 8 squads of vulture droids went down under the GAR squadron assault, but did enough to let my Frigates and Hardcells burn down his Acclimator 1 carrier in one round of exceptional shooting, Dooku's raid tokens were very effective.

10-1 with 336 MoV

@itzSteve vs. @ransburger has finished. ransburger had the initiative and decided to go second. We played his Solar Corona.

itzSteve - 242
ransburger -227

6-5 with a MOV of 15 to itzSteve

Thanks for the game ransburger and good luck in the rest of the tourney! 😁

Edited by itzSteve

SpeKre vs. Jolligreengiant

SpeKre won

7-4 MOV 61

emfrank72 v Roquax

Roquax: 329

emfrank72: 253

7-4 MOV 76

The battle of Triple Munis is over, with Count D reigning supreme!

@LazorBeems was a great opponent, Kraken hurts, but Dooku raids hurt him more. Dooku combines quite well with Hondo, as it turns out, since I can give a token I am raiding (or have already raided) to deny the drawback of the old pirate!

In the end, I took down 2 of his Munis, including the flagship, as well as a Hardcell and 3 of the 4 generic vulture droids. He blasted the Restitution - the Comms Muni, General G, and 2 of my generic Vultures.

Final score was a win for @BiggsIRL 266-118 for an MOV of 148 and an 8-3 split.

Cool / weird things that happened:

An Exogorth ate his last generic vulture droid at the start of R6's squadron phase, but he had his last Muni JUST in Range 5 of it, and hadn't used its reserves yet.

I had a Con Fire dial and a chance to kill a ship with 3 hull and a Brace. Rolled 3 damage. Figured out that if I added a blue die, I've got a 25% chance of getting an accuracy, but with a red die I have 12.5% of accuracy and 12.5% double hit, but also had my LTT reroll! 44% on the Reds! Added the red, blanked, LTT'd in a double! Statistics! (and luck)

The first vulture droid attack each of us made against ships was a double hit.

15 hours ago, BiggsIRL said:

The battle of Triple Munis is over, with Count D reigning supreme!

@LazorBeems was a great opponent, Kraken hurts, but Dooku raids hurt him more. Dooku combines quite well with Hondo, as it turns out, since I can give a token I am raiding (or have already raided) to deny the drawback of the old pirate!

It was a reeeeally fun game; I had a great time with @BiggsIRL . As has been said many times now, Clone Wars feels like Wave 1 Armada in the best possible way. There's so much fun & potential in each game, and each one feels fresh and new. Great time to be an Armada fan.

Completely 100% agree about Dooku + Hondo. To quote @BiggsIRL at the conclusion of our match, "raid is good when you can raid everyone. " Toss in trying to plan for Hondo and trying to manage Parts Resupply + SFO on all my Munis -- I was feeling like this trying to plan my dials + tokens throughout the game...

200.gif

This is something I never thought I'd say, but I actually felt some (not a ton lol) detriment to only being cmd 2 on the Munis because I could only hold 2 tokens to try and deal with raid. There were times where I thought I might get a leg up via SFO, but even then I still needed dials to discard to get to the raided dial I wanted to pull up. All in all, @BiggsIRL 's excellent Dooku + Hondo play caused me to blunder a few times with my dials.

An interesting Muni vs. Muni (the highly anticipated sequel to Kramer vs. Kramer, coming this spring to HBOMax) note -- it's hard to swirl/stiff-arm them. My intention was to swirl & turn and try to get him to either chase the lead ship or turn down toward Kracken and try to setup a kill box (a light capping the T, if you will). However, I realized at the end of round 1 that wouldn't work because of the Muni's narrow front arcs. It's significantly easier for them to double arc going straight into something's side than it is for AFmkIIs, Arqs, etc.

Obviously that's not surprising given that we all have eyes and can see those arcs are shaped differently! But what did surprise me is how much quicker it happened with a Muni than another ship (i.e., how much more quickly that arc narrows). I tried to account for it, but even still I underestimated it. It was one of those times where you see the problem in deployment/Round 1 that you know is coming to bite you in the *** Rounds 4 + 5. Round 2 on was trying to compensate for that, but I was no match for @BiggsIRL 's excellent flying.

If you're interested in watching the match, we lived streamed it! So you can watch a replay here...

(Sadly @BiggsIRL audio didn't get picked up in the stream, so just imagine a mustachioed man is saying clever things throughout)

11 minutes ago, LazorBeems said:

(Sadly @BiggsIRL audio didn't get picked up in the stream, so just imagine a mustachioed man is saying clever things throughout)

Noooooooooooo!

6 minutes ago, BiggsIRL said:

Noooooooooooo!

I knoooooooooow! I'm so upset. :(

Remember when I couldn't hear you at the beginning and had to futz with the audio? Yeah, somehow it fixing it so I could hear you, the stream lost you. So there's actually a couple of minutes of you talking at the beginning when I couldn't hear you, so it's at least recorded for posterity. Hopefully someone committed a crime in your vicinity last night so you can use that clip as your alibi so it won't be a total waste.

A very close 6-5 in my favor with @Back Seat Admiral with a MoV of 37.

Ships collided, things exploded. Grand old time.

@Karneck vs Jabba ends in a win for Jabba 273-210, 7-4.

I had the bid and took Karneck's Most Wanted, placing 6 of my Chargers in the middle and 1 on the right edge. Karneck placed his Hardcells on the opposite edge, with the Munis just inwards. He chose the non-flagship Hardcell and my stranded CR70 as objective ships.

Everything got into position R1, with his QBT Munis plodding along, my MW ship racing full tilt toward its allies, and those allies lining up to hit the Munis.

R2: Some passing, a potshot or two, Hardcells fail to be relevant, Munis are going into the rain of red.

R3: A bunch of shots. Kenobi's dice are FIRE, all manner of doubles. Tide of Progress goes down, Sa Nalor begins to become sad.

R4: Sa and 2 Chargers go down, survivors begin eyeing the Hardcells.

R5: Damage on the Hardcells, my MW ship gets into position to shoot. Another Charger tries to flee and is ruthlessly gunned down by Trifighters, killing many of the innocent baby Ewoks sheltering inside.

R6: A Charger double arcs both Hardcells, puts hurt onto the MW ship. Kraken is looking in the clear when suddenly the MW ship rolls a perfect 3 damage and an acc from downtown, popping him. Another Charger dies to Tris.

End results: 4 dead CR70s, 2 dead Munis and 1 dead lifeboat.

Thank you Karneck for being a worthy opponent in an exciting game.

@Green Knight World champion, now worlds judge... can I have some weaker foes please? 😉

Edited by The Jabbawookie

It was an excellent game, very well played by Jabbawookie.

I know I complained about all the doubles he was rolling (it was a lot) but in the end. Strategy and planning are more important than dice, I should of slowed my Munis down and gave more time for my hardcells to turn in to help support. It would of made a big difference.

Still, great to see things getting put through the paces.

2 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

@Green Knight World champion, now worlds judge... can I have some weaker foes please? 😉

Winning games is your problem...