False tranponder codes - Good for the game?

By Dwing, in X-Wing

This illicit, for only 2 points seems to be the new hotness?

Its incredibly good, jam any ace in range 3 just by takeing a TL? Scum Han with Jabba and False codes?

Any scum ship with a crew slot, Zam Wessel and codes. Cis Firespray, Zam with Palp onboard and codes= Stress and jam for shooting at you?

How much is this illicit really worth? 5/ 6points?

It's 1 charge. It's not optional.

2 points is ok.

Played against a list with multilpe Torrents, turns out that one of them always can take your charge away through a target lock. Its situational. I agree, 2 points is okay.

Its situational, but on some ships, High I for example, they cam really neuter your aces etc. I have been playing han with Jabba a lot, this illicit is just a reaaly great new tool in that combo.

tenor.gif

Gonna need five of these upgrade cards stat

Just now, FTS Gecko said:

tenor.gif

Gonna need five of these upgrade cards stat

Put Suppressive gunner on that Han...

30 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Put Suppressive gunner on that Han...

or on Zam to get even less taste to shoot at her

7 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

or on Zam to get even less taste to shoot at her

"Sadly" you can't have Zam and Jabba on the falcon (try the YV-666), but try out CIS Zam with Codes and Palp, you get stressed and jam for shooting at her, maybe with at TL shot back. and she is I 5... But Zam is a pretty grreat crew in any list that can find the points for her.

It's really early.

Anyhow, it's one action once per game, about what Contraband Cybernetics was. 2 seems like an OK testing price. If as time passes it seems really toxic, it can go up, like CC went up. CC used to be 3 before it became 2 before it became 3 again.

FTC is pretty flexible, but it's also really counter-able, so probably tolerable. But we'll find out. Certainly doesn't seem like it's an immediate worry.

You can put codes on Dengar with proton torps to add a jam to your alpha strike. Add Maul or Zam crew to taste. Sounds dirty.

Its ok. Might see play. 2pts is fine.

When you consider the charge has to be spent it looks fine to me. There will be times when you target lock a ship that has no token to remove (because it is stressed, moved through an obstacle or performed an action that didn't produce a removable token) but you still have to jam then anyway and the upgrade is pretty much wasted. Similarly, some lists may have no ships with the target lock action, or the ships that have it prefer to focus/calculate instead, so you'll never get any benefit from the defensive aspect of jamming someone that locks you.

3 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

You can put codes on Dengar with proton torps to add a jam to your alpha strike. Add Maul or Zam crew to taste. Sounds dirty.

Or your opponent sends up a cheap ship and takes a lock on Dengar, wasting it. Easy counter-play.

51 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

Or your opponent sends up a cheap ship and takes a lock on Dengar, wasting it. Easy counter-play.

Never wasted to waste another ships action.

maybe if there was some type of option for recharging the card? but the opponent can easily get rid of the card early in the game at a time where their action is not incrediblyl important.

2 hours ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Its ok. Might see play. 2pts is fine.

If you don't want yours, send it my way.

I need five. FIVE.

tumblr_mffwumDL5f1rt4k5qo1_250.gif

Edited by FTS Gecko

Easy counterplay.

I find it more annoying that we have

-informant,

-sense, which now can go on Etas as well,

and the new Phlacc, which can do it over the whole length of the board (earlier target locked or dorked).

Supposedly this game was about hidden selection of maneuvers, and outguessing your opponent, not out-looking.

Welcome back the Torkil Swarm, now with greater jamming potential:

Torkil Mux (38)
Moldy Crow (16)
Ship total: 54 Half Points: 27 Threshold: 3
Cartel Marauder (37)
False Transponder Codes (2)
Ship total: 39 Half Points: 20 Threshold: 3
Cartel Marauder (37)
False Transponder Codes (2)
Ship total: 39 Half Points: 20 Threshold: 3
Cartel Marauder (37)
Ship total: 37 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3
Captain Seevor (30)
Ship total: 30 Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2
Total: 199

I like the idea of JabbaCodes Han. 8pt is kind of a lot, but Han is pretty cheap now, 59pt with the title. A random Jam on the table for 5 consecutive turns is not bad, if you get to use it yourself, gravy. Nice excuse to put missiles on him.

Cluster Missiles.

And Suppressive Gunner

🤔

Mostly, I feel it's only in if you're over 200 with Cybernetics. At 3pt, it's possibly not in.

Hmmm. Z-95 Gang. 1/2 Tracers. Locks everywhere, Jam everywhere. Then ping the actual target.

I need more than 5 maybe.

Nope, 5 will do. Lando with L3, title and Tracers fits with 5 missile code Z's. 1 with Tracers, 4 with Concs. I don't think it's scary, they will fail at so many things. But I imagine them flying like an aerobatic display team and I like it.

Edited by Cuz05
11 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

I like the idea of JabbaCodes Han. 8pt is kind of a lot, but Han is pretty cheap now, 59pt with the title. A random Jam on the table for 5 consecutive turns is not bad, if you get to use it yourself, gravy. Nice excuse to put missiles on him.

Cluster Missiles.

And Suppressive Gunner

🤔

Mostly, I feel it's only in if you're over 200 with Cybernetics. At 3pt, it's possibly not in.

Hmmm. Z-95 Gang. 1/2 Tracers. Locks everywhere, Jam everywhere. Then ping the actual target.

I need more than 5 maybe.

Up until now I have been playing Han with Jabba, trick shot and title and debris Fields... Ohhh the fun, but I did have to make some debris Fields myself as the rest of the list also have them ;).

1 minute ago, Dwing said:

Up until now I have been playing Han with Jabba, trick shot and title and debris Fields... Ohhh the fun, but I did have to make some debris Fields myself as the rest of the list also have them ;).

I plan to have Assaj carry some. Perhaps only 3 or 4 turns of random Jam....

13 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

I plan to have Assaj carry some. Perhaps only 3 or 4 turns of random Jam....

Its just like transponder codes is designe to ruin any fun for people who want to fly their new eta-2. Sure you don't want to waste a force on a purple tl before I Jam you?

3 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Its just like transponder codes is designe to ruin any fun for people who want to fly their new eta-2. Sure you don't want to waste a force on a purple tl before I Jam you?

All the recent jam buffs can only be a direct balancing tool for the increasing number of ways squads can opt into double mods in general. Codes is easily the weakest, but it's by far the most spammable.

It's action economy wars.

1 hour ago, Dwing said:

Why would you take a TL action on the ship that can equip Predator or run alongside a LAAT?

Edited by Stay OT Leader

They are good cost for their 1 charge. Also means Dengar is not equipping contraband for slooping and locking for another torp shot. Or its completely wiped out if facing probe droids, Jendon, ewings, higher initiative, etc.

Single action ships taking locks means they arent taking focuses for defense either. So you can focus on that ship knowing its either locking and jamming a single ship, or else taking a focus. Fun times.

EDITED: Thought either ship got jammed.

5 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

If you don't want yours, send it my way.

I need five. FIVE.

I see there is another fan of the FIVE. CAVERN. ANGELS. 😂 🤣

Edited by wurms