Official App is Updated -- with new expansion points and Epic ships.

By Frimmel, in X-Wing

Why would anyone fly an N1 over a v-wing?

7 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

With the LAAT in the game, does the republic as a faction ever target lock again?

LAAT in the game isn't necessarily the same thing as a LAAT in the list . I bet a lot of early guesses at ETA lists were bringing a LAAT since they figured they needed easy rerolls.

Now, Predator is an option, so maybe they bring an extra ETA, or an ARC or whatever. Something that's more of a direct threat, rather than a buff ship.

1 minute ago, Dwing said:

Free Evade? Access to Sensor Slot? V-Wing seems more aggressive, but with the LAAT its Boost + Lock loses a bit of its charm. N1 can charge in with Evade Focus and get rerolls from the LAAT.

3 minutes ago, Dwing said:

It's a really bad bargain these days. Bonus action on speed 3+ moves is roughly equivalent to a bonus red action like an RZ-1 or TIE/v1.

I'd have loved to see the generic drop a point or two, as well as the Handmaiden. They don't have talents, so there isn't a Juke threat, and after the R2 Astro nerf, they aren't a points nightmare, either.

Afterburners is now Initiative scaled. Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet.

I0-3: 4 points. I4: 5 points. I5: 6 points. I6: 7 points.

Seems fair. I like that it doesn't go below 4 on the lower init pilots.

//

*edit* Silly TIE/sf squad: 5x Zetas with Passive Sensors, Ion Missiles, Afterburners.

Edited by theBitterFig
1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:
  • The Add a [whatever] Slot upgrades aren't working. The app is overall better, but this is a frustrating glitch.

I'm pretty sure this glitch extends to all upgrades that change what you can equip on a ship. You can't equip Targeting Computer and Tarkin on a Lambda, or Squad Leader and Tactical Officer on any ship without a red coordinate. I also wasn't able to equip Shield Upgrade and Angled Deflectors on a TIE Interceptor.

2 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

It's a really bad bargain these days. Bonus action on speed 3+ moves is roughly equivalent to a bonus red action like an RZ-1 or TIE/v1.

I'd have loved to see the generic drop a point or two, as well as the Handmaiden. They don't have talents, so there isn't a Juke threat, and after the R2 Astro nerf, they aren't a points nightmare, either.

I mean, they can carry torps and ion went down to 4, and plasma to 7, putting a plasma torp bravo at 40 points.

Juke ion cannon Ani in the eta?

1 minute ago, Cerebrawl said:

I mean, they can carry torps and ion went down to 4, and plasma to 7, putting a plasma torp bravo at 40 points.

Without locks. They won't be able to actually *SHOOT* the Plasma Torpedoes in most games, since their maneuvers are so predictable.

32 Bravo still keeps them out of Passive Sensors + Plasmas, and maybe 35 for Handmaidens.

But I bet even 31 Bravos for 40 point Passive/Plasma doesn't make a splash.

Eta-2 Anakin + Autoblasters + R7-A7 (can change Hit >> Crit)

P A N I C ! !

Edit: and Marksmanship!

Edited by ImperialAce95
2 minutes ago, TBot said:

Juke ion cannon Ani in the eta?

Extreme maneuvers, marksmanship, autoblasters, R7-A7? That super nimble ship should be easy to get the out of arc bullseyes with, and then converting two hits to unevadable crits?

34 minutes ago, Dwing said:

So they don't collide?

5 minutes ago, ImperialAce95 said:

Eta-2 Anakin + Autoblasters + R7-A7 (can change Hit >> Crit)

P A N I C ! !

Can also take Marksmanship. Also, why does this ship have a mod slot? Now it can regen.

Just now, 5050Saint said:

Can also take Marksmanship. Also, why does this ship have a mod slot? Now it can regen.

They could always R5, tho. Maybe that action is too hard to spare, but with Predator and Force for passive mods now... that might be a lot more reasonable.

Force points and regular talents being siloed away from each other was one of the GREAT ideas of early 2e. I didn't think baby Anakin should have had it. And now... ungh.

On one hand, ETA-2 Ani is making all my "ACE SHIP GOOD PANIC" buttons go off. On the other hand, I can't wait to dunk on people with the best pilot in the galaxy.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

Force points and regular talents being siloed away from each other was one of the GREAT ideas of early 2e. I didn't think baby Anakin should have had it. And now... ungh.

They can always remove it.

2 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

On the other hand, I can't wait to dunk on people with the best pilot in the galaxy.

I hate to break it to you but Wedge Antilles is Rebel only.

Shaak Ti with Juke seems pretty cool imo.

I also think these ETA really love Sense.

24 minutes ago, Nyxen said:

I hate to break it to you but Wedge Antilles is Rebel only.

Don't worry, I play rebels too. I think I trust Obi-Wan more than an internet stranger though.

He was the best starpilot - Imgur

Is Aayla Secura with Stealth Device, Brilliant Evasion and Predator a big waste of points or a potential I5 Fenn-lite?

With a re-roll from Predator and both Force tokens, you're free to take that white evade action and use a Force on attack (as you only ever need one on defence with BE) giving you two guaranteed evade results even if you blank out.

I can't quite accurately simulate the overlap between the guaranteed eye and Brilliant Evasion on any other eyes that may come up, but my closest approximation (4 green dice, two evade tokens, one Force) gives a tiny expected hit value of 0.06 against a single focused 4 dice attack.

That seems..... wow. You're not even drastically compromising attack here. You need to be range 1 for this, so you've probably got bullseye and therefore four reds of your own with a Force and single re-roll. Expected damage back out against a focused 3 agility ship is 1.3. Not great, but not bad either.

This clocks in at 63 points, which is probably 4-6 points too expensive to be good. But it feels pretty unkillable, even with only 3 hull.

1 minute ago, Npmartian said:

Don't worry, I play rebels too. I think I trust Obi-Wan more than an internet stranger though.

/ He was the best starpilot - Imgur

I mean, Obi-Wan had never met Wedge. How would he know?

Edited by GuacCousteau
30 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

On one hand, ETA-2 Ani is making all my "ACE SHIP GOOD PANIC" buttons go off. On the other hand, I can't wait to dunk on people with the best pilot in the galaxy.

And the best pilot in the Galaxy dropped to 62 pts and got Overdrive Thrusters!

2 minutes ago, Npmartian said:

He was the best starpilot - Imgur

Key word is 'was', because Wedge Antilles didn't exist yet 😜

Holy crap, the Actis gets force talent, regular talent, AND a cannon?! Yes!

They just took down the pdfs of the points from FFGs website.

Just now, player655164 said:

They just took down the pdfs of the points from FFGs website.

And all products are listed as "not available" for purchase on FFGs site.