Predictions/Hopes for RRG

By SirCormac, in Star Wars: Legion

2 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Well, it's on actions and attacks, but moving is an action.

It's actually on "moves, actions, or attacks" so even moves which are not actions cause the token to be lost.

Well, disappointment abounds. I'd hoped the RRG would drop today a week before the Maul release. Oh well, more waiting. It's like waiting on Christmas.

1 minute ago, drail14me said:

Well, disappointment abounds. I'd hoped the RRG would drop today a week before the Maul release. Oh well, more waiting. It's like waiting on Christmas.

I thought they would dump it right after thanksgiving

40 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I thought they would dump it right after thanksgiving

While I wouldn't be too surprised, that would officially be late, given that we need rules for stuff that releases a week from today.

5 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

While I wouldn't be too surprised, that would officially be late, given that we need rules for stuff that releases a week from today.

Wouldn't be the first time though.... I mean after all, the new stuff isn't tournament legal for what, two weeks after release? So technically we only "need" the rules two weeks after release.

>_<

Edited by Caimheul1313
1 hour ago, drail14me said:

I was sitting there hitting refresh today, hoping for next week now!

I expect it'll drop sometime between today and Thursday. Tuesday is my best guess, but we'll see.

4 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

I expect it'll drop sometime between today and Thursday. Tuesday is my best guess, but we'll see.

I think they almost always come out on a Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if there's been one or two that didn't, though.

They usually release a new rrg before releasing new units with new rules it addresses. Usually...

I'm still hopeful that we'll get it this week.

Edited by KarlVonCarstein

My new hope is to actually get an RRG this month after the announced restructuring.

Anakin and Maul come out tomorrow. Here's hoping the RRG does too. :D

23 minutes ago, lologrelol said:

Not in Spain/Portugal :(

39 minutes ago, lologrelol said:

After all the movements early this week, i am not sure if we are getting a RRG made by the "old" devs and published by FFG(?).

1 hour ago, Dalae said:

After all the movements early this week, i am not sure if we are getting a RRG made by the "old" devs and published by FFG(?).

I'd rather be optimistic. The changes were widely announced, it would be ill-advised to ditch them on a whim. I'm assuming of course that the devs put some work into it, not just adjust things on the whim ;)

1 hour ago, Shanturin said:

I'd rather be optimistic. The changes were widely announced, it would be ill-advised to ditch them on a whim. I'm assuming of course that the devs put some work into it, not just adjust things on the whim ;)

i hope that the devs had finished all of the RRG changes before they let a bunch of them go but im not too hopeful that Asmodee knows what it is doing. Announcing a change like this and then firing the people that are working on it can easily become a disaster if they do not get people in straight away that know what they are doing, it could cause delays at the least and could kill the game at worst.

5 hours ago, 5particus said:

i hope that the devs had finished all of the RRG changes before they let a bunch of them go but im not too hopeful that Asmodee knows what it is doing. Announcing a change like this and then firing the people that are working on it can easily become a disaster if they do not get people in straight away that know what they are doing, it could cause delays at the least and could kill the game at worst.

You mean like how Edge Entertainment doesn't even have a functional website yet, and as far as I know hasn't put out any new RPG books? I'm not even certain they've put out a reprint yet...

Edited by Caimheul1313

Could they have waited until after the major point change that would have changed a crap ton of stuff before firing everyone?!?!?!

Like for real if the points don't make it out this week I feel like the developers just accidently deleted the PDF when they were clearing out their desk....... and I can't really blame them lol!!!

Edited by RyantheFett

@RyantheFett I have a feeling they actually could not wait because the license was up for renewal, which allowed for Asmodee to more easily move it over to AMG.
Seeing as the models are still coming out, and the points are likely part of the same update as the new rules for those models, they are probably still coming. Not like AMG can't just change them again later, one of the benefits of purely digital rules.

24 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Could they have waited until after the major point change that would have changed a crap ton of stuff before firing everyone?!?!?! Like for real if the points don't make it out this week I feel like they just accidently deleted the PDF....... and I can't really blame them lol

The folk who made the decision do not know, nor do they care, than an update was coming out. If I could guarantee that statement with money I would.

The involvement of a PE firm is, when these decisions inevitably come, highly toxic to the gaming community that is their customer base. But they don't care, as long as unit sales continue after the restructuring.

The one thing we know is that the decision was not made by people passionate about the Legion we know and love. I hope AMG are.

Edited by Jedirev
1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Seeing as the models are still coming out, and the points are likely part of the same update as the new rules for those models, they are probably still coming. Not like AMG can't just change them again later, one of the benefits of purely digital rules.

56 minutes ago, Jedirev said:

The folk who made the decision do not know, nor do they care, than an update was coming out. If I could guarantee that statement with money I would.

Sorry was not really clear that is was a bad joke, will go change that. I meant the poor people who were fired accidently dropped the computer with the point changes off a cliff on the way out. Let the new guys try to fix the game and all that jazz. Doubt they would do that since they are good people, but this is 2020............

Figure since this seemed out to hit everybody by surprise that the games may got get a lot of love from either company until everything is sorted out. So I just want the point changes and that cheep commander for CIS then I bunker down and wait to see what happens. Xwing i doubt anything will really change, but Armada I am seriously looking at those preorders and wondering if I should wait to at least see when Wave 1 hits.

36 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Sorry was not really clear that is was a bad joke, will go change that. I meant the poor people who were fired accidently dropped the computer with the point changes off a cliff on the way out. Let the new guys try to fix the game and all that jazz. Doubt they would do that since they are good people, but this is 2020............

Figure since this seemed out to hit everybody by surprise that the games may got get a lot of love from either company until everything is sorted out. So I just want the point changes and that cheep commander for CIS then I bunker down and wait to see what happens. Xwing i doubt anything will really change, but Armada I am seriously looking at those preorders and wondering if I should wait to at least see when Wave 1 hits.

Sorry, seems the computer was found by the Jawas: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/ (new RRG 19 Nov 2020)

oh look every prediction I made about GAR was right...

standby token sharing is gone

arctroopers, clonetrooper mk2s, and r2d2 all got nerfed.

leader rules got changed.

Im really happy GAR got nerfed in every way I said they would.

Although Im a bit disappointed how right I was about FFG opting to take the lazy approach of just reducing point costs on older units instead of actually fixing them.

Edited by Khobai
On 10/25/2020 at 10:19 AM, Uetur said:

Frankly my wish list is:

1. Clone Capt Rex to be recognized as the baseline 90pt commander and other commanders adjusted around his cost.

2. Point decreases on the broken units

3. R2D2 must have C3P0 accompanying him

4. Heavy weapon options being generally cheaper, for instance exhaust ones should cost the baseline unit plus 5-10 pts and that is it.

Basically got exactly what I wanted, R2D2 just got a point increase instead which is fine.

I'm seeing some of the double dipping nerfs that I hate from X-Wing here, such as Phase IIs and ARCs costing more AND no longer being able to share tokens. Maybe do one or the other and then see....?

Other than that it's all pretty solid, I mean, paying less for stuff is always interesting, it opens up so many list building options.

17 minutes ago, Khobai said:

oh look every prediction I made was right lmao.

You said that the AT-ST needed to get Arsenal 3 all the time, didn't happen

You said spur should last the entire activation, didn't happen

You said that the HH-12 should lose Exhaust, didn't happen

You said that Veers 2 Pip should change, didn't happen

you said that the Saber and AAT should go up in price, Didn't happen,

Take your head out of you **** and take a step back, nobody likes interacting with you on this forum, you are a troll and like to try and rub peoples noses in it when you are even the slightest bit correct. it would be a better place if you just left.

personally, i think that these changes will be pretty good for the game, i think that the CIS are going to be on top till the next RRG and the Empire and Rebels have had a reasonably large boost, the GAR clones have mostly gone up but the heavies and supports have gone down as well so it kinda balances out,

Sure there are still some changes that might be good for the game, but they have not been made. so stop complaining all the time.