Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I’m lucky that I went from L5R to SWRPG, the ruleset was similar enough that it was easy to grasp, but SW has more depth and nuance

I don't know who's next anymore, but let me know when it's my turn so I may smack that thing around again.

Following a brief panic, I’ve come to the strange realization that... I’m kinda done with Star Wars- for now at least. I still think it’s unconscionable that this resource is going to just disappear, but I don’t really need it anymore.

In 1977, I was a five year old boy, and the original Star Wars trilogy played a huge role in my childhood. In 2015, I had a five year old son of my own, to experience The Force Awakens with, and revisit the other offerings of the franchise. I picked up an FFG beginner set, and started role playing with him, while he played with his action figures. This forum helped me tremendously in learning the system.

Most recently, my son has taken an interest in Dungeons & Dragons, a game I haven’t played since 2nd edition. I tried to turn him to Genesys, because I love the narrative dice, but he is too interested in the lore. He is ten now, and I have never seen him so interested in reading, as he is with these game books. Familiarizing myself with the phb and dmg, 5e surprisingly seems pretty decent.

The truth is, TLJ and RoS kind of flopped with us. Watchable, certainly, but we have not watched and rewatched them the way we have the other movies. The Disney Plus shows are something to look forward to, but I think we’re finished with childhood movies and action figures.

I suppose it will be hex grids and miniatures for us, for the foreseeable future, so it looks like I will be revisiting another franchise from my youth. I have a new set of rules to learn, so my gaming time will be better spent elsewhere.

As for these PBPs I’m running here, I do not want to just abruptly quit, but the end is in sight. We will be building to a climax in these next five weeks, and drawing to a conclusion, which should coincide (more or less) with the last days of this forum. I understand that knowing the game is ending might effect engagement, but I hope you will all stick with it to the end.

Thank you all for playing with me, and may the force be with you.

I won't lie, I'm a bit bummed out that we won't see a fully fledged campaign, but I respect your choice to move on from Star Wars. I wish you good luck with your future endeavors, but until then, I'll gladly see this campaign through to the end.

Edited by Darth__Lego

Alright! Are we still in structured time? If so, whose turn is it? @Edgehawk

22 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

Alright! Are we still in structured time? If so, whose turn is it? @Edgehawk

We can exit structure time, for the moment. Sort of.. The creature is still trying to extricate itself from the webbing, from Flek’s net gun. It appears to be having some success in freeing itself, however, and further action will be needed to subdue or kill it.

You (and anyone else) may take a couple rounds worth of Actions/Maneuvers, at which point we could possibly re-enter structured time.

Happy Holidays! Please accept 25xp, which may be spent immediately.

Used up that XP to buy Acklay's Scything Strike and the fourth (and last) rank of Iron Body. Will get a reply in later today.

Merry Seasonal Events to all!

Took Reroute Processors for 25 XP.