New Descent, we'll know more on the 22nd!

By Cotgrave, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

there aren't any hexagones or squares on terrain ?
Are we sure that s the definitive artwork ?

3 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

there aren't any hexagones or squares on terrain ?
Are we sure that s the definitive artwork ?

squares...

very ugly filled with stupid art style squares...

Actually, the only component that looks as FFG are the dice.

:(

Edited by ringofox

What is this? If this is the new descent iā€™m already out! It looks cheap... the tiles.. all the same (thus far). All the cardboard terrain stuff... nope. And the illustration oO... did a intern draw them? And whats with the big cardboard monster?

just nope... not looking good for me. Glad that I got my 2e complete.

will still watch the stream! Maybe.... just maybe..

So they heroquested/darkworlded it?
And even more cardboard pieces to set up before every game?
Or maybe the large box is to keep all the assembled 3d pieces - so basically, the rest is air?
Maybe I view this with an older perspective but - why is this a winning franchise format?
So many questions....
30 more minutes... Let's see....
MvwLKy3SfvJwXFKCRMDAFrt961PEhWzam2uCiSKc

Edited by Brutalien
derailed

No really it can't be. How can they even think that we would buy that kind of tiles. I prefer the last century HeroQuest Artwork.

Edited by Tintaglia

Given that playtime is notoriously understated on modern boardgames boxes that 120 - 180 min is surprising.

3 minutes ago, Sadgit said:

Given that playtime is notoriously understated on modern boardgames boxes that 120 - 180 min is surprising.

Yeah! i notice that!! and maybe you have to add anothers 30 min for setup those stupid tiles

At first glance, this all looks so UGLY. Going to have to watch the video to see if the pictures just suck, or if it matches reality ...

6 minutes ago, Sadgit said:

Yeah it is clearly designed for "expert" players.
But ****, who told them that we wanted a revamp of DnD red box artwork ?

Edited by Tintaglia

blackmarket 2nd edition is now 30% expensive that 1 hour before... and increasing šŸ˜‚

Just for say something

The artwork is incredibly disappointing. Incredibly disappointing. I know there was a style shift from 1e to 2e but that looks like a comic book.

1 minute ago, Lightningclaw said:

The artwork is incredibly disappointing. Incredibly disappointing. I know there was a style shift from 1e to 2e but that looks like a comic book.

agree... this is not terrinoth šŸ˜ž

what s incredible is that the novel artwork is not bad at all. I don't get it. really...

The BIG BOX they tease time ago looks great!! what happens then???

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

2 minutes ago, AwesomeTree_in_the_Dark said:

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

certainly looks like a fools joke! theres a 2% chance that was the wrong image sended by PR department.... or something.... o come on ffg!

10 minutes to go..... to see an EPIC, HISTORIC, LEGENDARY BOOMER or something different

Edited by ringofox

no known heroes either...Who are these guys ?

Just to chime in here, the visual presentation is really lacking. The hero art doesn't appeal to me at all, and the tiles look super generic and boring. Also, the 3d stuff seems more fiddly than useful.

I'll watch the stream, but I'm not impressed so far.

It's different, I actually still like it but I am concerned that maybe

a) it could have been better

b) I'm worried it's not quite the big step up from 2e we were expecting, the LOTR Journeys map tiles disappointed a little, could this be the same

I'm still excited for it gameplay wise and for aspects such as new characters, and maybe they're keeping something back as really it all should improve on 2e overall even if some new style aspects take some getting used to or they'll have missed the bar somewhat.

2 minutes ago, Watercolour Dragon said:

It's different, I actually still like it but I am concerned that maybe

a) it could have been better

b) I'm worried it's not quite the big step up from 2e we were expecting, the LOTR Journeys map tiles disappointed a little, could this be the same

I'm still excited for it gameplay wise and for aspects such as new characters, and maybe they're keeping something back as really it all should improve on 2e overall even if some new style aspects take some getting used to or they'll have missed the bar somewhat.

...App companion..... šŸ˜ž

Edited by ringofox

yeah sure, problem is that, you see on that shelf next to it, there is Frosthaven or whatever that is calmly waiting for me.
ok ...breath breath breath.
Streaming starts in Five minutes.

I will be watching the stream, but the artwork is making me very glad I have a complete 2e collection.

It's not third edition :) *smiles cheekily*

I hope theres staff of FFG reading this topic right now

here we go...