The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

Anakin built his from scratch, so unlikely to be any others like it

Here's the start of the original discussion:

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Here's the start of the original discussion:

I think by the fact they put it in there as an Easter Egg, it's most likely a scrap part of Anakins. Even if it was sold to sebulba, we have no idea what happened to it in the following years.

I just can't see why they would use THAT particular engine if its not supposed to be Anakins, doesn't make much sense to me.

Just now, CloudyLemonade92 said:

I think by the fact they put it in there as an Easter Egg, it's most likely a scrap part of Anakins. Even if it was sold to sebulba, we have no idea what happened to it in the following years.

I just can't see why they would use THAT particular engine if its not supposed to be Anakins, doesn't make much sense to me.

So that it's recognizable to the not extremely nerdy.

2 hours ago, penpenpen said:

Of course, it's possible that the venom isn't the stomach acid, or even if it is, Mandy didn't end up all the way into the stomach of the thing. Meaning that what he was coated in was could've been a less concentrated solution of the stuff and/or just saliva or some other bodily fluid.

So the Krayt Dragon appears to be a Greater Krayt Dragon, as opposed to the Canyon Krayt Dragon that we're more familiar with.

With the Greater Krayt Dragon, there are sources that say it secretes "Venom" from it's teeth. Whether that's what it is or a adaptation of that to make it acid I guess we don't know yet.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So that it's recognizable to the not extremely nerdy.

Why would it need to be recognizable? And if it's supposed to he recognizable, everyone knows its the exact same yellow engine "Fin" (?) from Anakins.

So why use it. Just to be "Yeah it looks like Anakins... but yeah its not actually Anakins... we just wanted it to be recognizable."

Seems a little far fetched. Especially as they havent been too obvious with most of their Easter Eggs/races/etc. There arent many blatant "This is a Nikto.. you know from this place!" Moments.

So why here if it is not in fact supposed to be Anakins?

22 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Why would it need to be recognizable? And if it's supposed to he recognizable, everyone knows its the exact same yellow engine "Fin" (?) from Anakins.

So why use it. Just to be "Yeah it looks like Anakins... but yeah its not actually Anakins... we just wanted it to be recognizable."

Seems a little far fetched. Especially as they havent been too obvious with most of their Easter Eggs/races/etc. There arent many blatant "This is a Nikto.. you know from this place!" Moments.

So why here if it is not in fact supposed to be Anakins?

Do we need to tether you two together and give you vibraknifes?

4 minutes ago, Eoen said:

Maybe the tone of my reply is off. Not meant to be confrontational 🤪

6 minutes ago, Eoen said:

He can have a vibroknife, I'll just use my natural weapons. ^_^

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Anakin built his from scratch, so unlikely to be any others like it

More like he built it from junk and spare parts.

He did not forge those yellow steering fins himself out of raw materials, he scavenged them from somebody else's wrecked pod or speeder. So yeah, there's going to be thousands of similar looking speeders all around the galaxy.

1 hour ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Recognizable as a pod racer engine, so the viewer recognizes it as such, thus extending the theme that Vanth uses scavenged/refurbished/repurposed equipment without having to have a clumsy line of exposition about him doing so.

2 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

They're definitely not the exact same. Annie's got some kind of ridges on them, Vanth's are smooth.

anakin-podracer2.jpg.d56aee35e10fca5136ba1910f652e874.jpg

On 10/31/2020 at 12:31 AM, DanteRotterdam said:

Were they??? I thought that they had a personal shield generator that held back the blows and that was what we saw.
I don’t understand how a bolt would penetrate that though...

I wouldn't think that PSGs would be that common but maybe.

The Amban Pulse Rifle, while certainly cool as all get out in the show, seems like a problematic weapon to bring into games. I feel like this is something that works in the perfectly controlled world of writing but not in games.

I like that there are some things we don't really know about. There should be more of those things. Bring some mystery back into the SW galaxy!

--quite a few of the species in the crowd watching the fight seemed new. Good. I want there to be a good balance between old and new and drawing from ALL sources, not just OT. Especially fun is when they draw from animation. As much as I didn't really like Resistance, I'd love it if they had some minor characters from that in the background in the Mandalorian. Don't really care who. But there should also be a lot of new species we don't recognize.

--those little red eyed creatures that seemed to stay out of the light. Cool. I'm glad we don't really know what they are.

--even the name of the planet. I guess we'll find out at some point, but it's fun not to know.

--the Gotra? Could be the droid thing, not sure. fun mystery.

--the pod racer engine/speeder? Yeah, it resembles Ani's but I don't think it has to be and there are differences. Anakin's have some kind of markings on the flaps at the front which Vanth's don't. Plus the engine covering. Just because he "built it from scrap parts" doesn't mean it was something totally unique. I could build a '57 Chevy from scrap parts (of other, old '57s) so it wouldn't have to be a new, unique kind of vehicle.

--who are these mining collective dudes? Not entirely sure... good.

I remember a lot more mystery when all we had was the OT and all we knew was stuff like "that guy's name is Walrus Man" (AKA "Bum Face! :) ). But I do like some answers too. Hope they keep a balance between grounding it and adding new and mysterious elements. They've done well so far.

Regarding Sarlaac Pits and people being slowly digested in there, wouldn't that mean someone did make it out alive to report that fact?

2 hours ago, copperbell said:

Regarding Sarlaac Pits and people being slowly digested in there, wouldn't that mean someone did make it out alive to report that fact?

Scientists could study the process through probes released into the thing.

13 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Scientists could study the process through probes released into the thing.

I imagine a hefty and annoying ethics review procedure there ... yes ...

Just now, Jegergryte said:

I imagine a hefty and annoying ethics review procedure there ... yes ...

Ethics review? In Star Wars? What're you smoking?? :D

34 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The ethical commission board is composed of director krennic, grand moff tarkin, darth Vader and is headed by the emperor

Any suggestion it isn’t perfectly neutral and objective is rebel propaganda and subject to an enquiry from the ISB

39 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That will remain between me and my ... smoking utensil. :ph34r:

I would like to say that this was an amazing first episode can't wait for the rest of the season.

Boba Fett- 45 years old

Been stuck on our favorite desert planet for the last 7 years. For some reason he ditched his beskar. Probably shaved bald for desert reasons. Following the footsteps of Old Ben and turning into a hobo....?

I don't know about hobo. Going by his outfit and weapons, he's been living among the Sandpeople.

Just now, micheldebruyn said:

I don't know about hobo. Going by his outfit and weapons, he's been living among the Sandpeople.

Or killed a few of them...

If he'd been living among the sand people, he'd likely need his face covered (huh, that's funny) since that's kinda the sand people's thing. Of course, that's only Legends, but we've seen nothing to contradict it and so we can generally proceed under the assumption that it bears relevance until shown otherwise.

39 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Or killed a few of them...

If he'd been living among the sand people, he'd likely need his face covered (huh, that's funny) since that's kinda the sand people's thing. Of course, that's only Legends, but we've seen nothing to contradict it and so we can generally proceed under the assumption that it bears relevance until shown otherwise.

You can still live incognito among the Sandpeople and be masked 99% of the time, and then take off the mask when you're alone to grimace menacingly at the camera for the reveil.