The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 hour ago, 2P51 said:

I did think having the Jedi throw back their hood and say "I'm Leia Organa, I'm here to rescue you" was a possibility, but my money was always on Luke.

That would have worked for me also. That line would have been spoken about. They could have stolen some of the CG from Rogue One that was better.

I think it could have caused some confusion though. "Wait, she has the Force, but she's actually not a Jedi". To be answered by, "Well her brother probably heard the call and sent her". Followed by, "But would have Grogu gone with her since she's not the person that he called, this stranger showed up with no Force connection?". Finally, "Dammit they put in CG Leia, it would have been so much better with less explanation to have put in a CG Luke!". Yeah I'm good with it being Luke. Perfect for me.

The memory sequence in Rise shows Luke training her and this is all several years after Endor, so it would have been fine to send Leia.

1 minute ago, 2P51 said:

The memory sequence in Rise shows Luke training her and this is all several years after Endor, so it would have been fine to send Leia.

Yeah, but see I claim to be a Star Wars fan and you still had to explain that to me. :) Imagine the typical fan of this show.

Excellent from start to the end !

But finally, what was all this "quest" about the blood ? did the Moff really wanted to mix his own blood to have Jedi powers ? I am not sure I really understood why they were chasing this baby Yoda

2 minutes ago, Rosco74 said:

Excellent from start to the end !

But finally, what was all this "quest" about the blood ? did the Moff really wanted to mix his own blood to have Jedi powers ? I am not sure I really understood why they were chasing this baby Yoda

They didn't say specifically why they wanted him. But whatever they need him for, they do not actually need Grogu, just his blood and/or DNA. And it's something related to cloning given that they have a cloning expert.

Ok so it is still possible that it is related to cloning the Emperor himself. I guess Episode 9 proved they failed anyway

12 minutes ago, Rosco74 said:

Ok so it is still possible that it is related to cloning the Emperor himself. I guess Episode 9 proved they failed anyway

I personally hope so. Gives some history possibly giving us a reason for Snoke (failed clone of Palpatine). I know many may want some new story that doesn't tie in with Ep. 7-9, but I'm ok with it.

1 hour ago, Rosco74 said:

That's what they talked about in the episode when they raid the base on Navarro, about being out of the donor's blood, and that his "M count", was so high....

Would have been cool to have both Luke and Leia.

Well, I for one am hoping that next season Mando gets to stand on his own in most of the episodes. If this show were a RPG, the frequency of GMPCs coming in to dominate the scenes has been pretty high this season.

34 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Well, I for one am hoping that next season Mando gets to stand on his own in most of the episodes. If this show were a RPG, the frequency of GMPCs coming in to dominate the scenes has been pretty high this season.

Mandalorian Season 2: Rise of the Spinoffs

41 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

I think of them more as PC’s from a previous campaign. Like Tramps Jedi. It’s hard running a one player campaign anyways.

Edited by Eoen

Ok I'm starting a rumor. A rumor based on pure speculation that I don't agree with at all. Just for fun.

So Boba Fett is a deep cover Imperial operative working for Admiral Thrawn. Other then Thrawn, only Fennec Shand knows this. We'll only realize this when Thrawn finally makes an appearance in Mando or one of the spinoffs. Why would Boba be doing such a thing? Because he's not Boba. Boba died in the Sarlaac Pit. Boba is actually Commander Cody in disguise. 😎

1 hour ago, Eoen said:

I think of them more as PC’s from a previous campaign. Like Tramps Jedi. It’s hard running a one player campaign anyways.

I didn't mind the characters that started on this show (Greef, Dune, and Mayfield) because they felt like NPCs. OTOH, Bo Katan, Fett, Asoka, and Luke were definitely more in the light of GMPC in my eyes, with the negative baggage that carries (not that they didn't look pretty cool...). It's not that they were PCs from a previous campaign, it's that they were the GM's PCs from previous campaigns and we had to be shown how totally cool they were, even compared to Mando.

14 hours ago, 2P51 said:

"I'm Leia Organa, I'm here to rescue you" was a possibility, but my money was always on Luke.

Oooh. I never thought of the possibility of it being Leia! That would have been cool.

15 hours ago, Sturn said:

had originally hoped for Ezra, but now understand why it had to be Luke. With Ezra, half of the audience would have been like, "Who's this dude that just ran off with Grogu, wtf?!

I agree, but who says he had to leave with Grogu? I was hoping for something like Mace or Ezra joining the little burgeoning Mando Fam and doing some training on the side. I wasn't actually thinking Grogu would be gone. Dunno. Or maybe I was. Anyway, it's fine.

But I still think should have been a different actor. Like Stan. Then we could have had a whole Luke show. I would not want to watch this fake face for more than a few minutes in a cameo. A new actor would have been more, what's the word... sustainable! This is just sort of a novelty one off thing. Doesn't get me excited for the possibilities, because that's it. Right there.

Back to 15, I loved it when Din was fighting in his crappy Mud Trooper outfit. Added some real tension without his "God Mode" beskar suit. My wife was really tense watching that. Made me laugh.

LOVED the scene where Migs or whatever his name is was arguing with the officer. I knew it was about to go down and the tension was great there. I like how he has sort of been redeemed a little and I liked the interaction with Dune.

The TIE fighter scrapyard was cool. I kept thinking... UGLIES! They could weld bits together and make an awesome UGLY! (we have a weird cross between parts from three twin pod cloud cars, TIE a fighters wing shield things and a Y wing engine or something (I forget) in one of our campaigns.

Yeah, the airlock thing was dumb. Why would it be there?

I wanted someone to die! Up the ante! Give us something to mourn a little. At least the annoying Mando chick (Reeves? Sasha someone?). Or the man? Where was he? He could have been in it just to die. Show us how strong these Dark Troopers are by killing off someone! Heck, season one we lost Kuill AND IG-11! Both were moving sacrifices. So it was kind of a lost chance with the ending.

I need to rewatch it 'cause I really thought Bo-Katan died. Then my girls told me she didn't. Hmm. I blame it on the Japanese Lager.

Quite intrigued about where they go from here.

Wish we had some other show to watch while we're waiting...

11 hours ago, RLogue177 said:

Would have been cool to have both Luke and Leia.

YES!!

10 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I agree. I want more low level adventures too. Like maybe he could go back to work and do some jobs for the new head honcho out and Ranchero de la Jabba or whatever. That would be a cool way to tie in some Boba and some Din.

13 hours ago, Sturn said:

personally hope so. Gives some history possibly giving us a reason for Snoke (failed clone of Palpatine). I know many may want some new story that doesn't tie in with Ep. 7-9, but I'm ok with it.

Yeah, I fine with some tie ins so long as they are kind of in the background. I would like that. But make them incidental.

Oh yeah, and how cool was that sonic bomb or whatever?! ****! That was great. It redeemed a bit of the Prequels for me. The more things tie in to each other the more they seem to feel ok after a while and get sort of redeemed in my mind. (I used to really hate PT, now I just partially hate them). We need some more tie ins to both PT and ST but make them minor things.

AND MORE flashbacks! More Din Djarin story. Who is he? We now about the droid army attacking and being adopted into Children of the Watch but so many questions... And where was the Armorer?! Season 3, I bet she'll be back... along with the thick Viszla guy.

I'm just hoping that, considering the "The Book of Boba Fett, December 2021" doesn't mean that Din Djarin is getting sidelined and it will focus on Boba. I mean, he was a cool sidekick in Season 2, but I want more about Djarin; his history, what he does now, the tie-ins with the New Republic, etc. If Boba Fett becomes "The Mandalorian" I doubt I'd continue. :(

On 12/17/2020 at 9:53 PM, HappyDaze said:

That depends on what version is being studied. And the fact that there are multiple interpretations (and people are so quick to jump to the one they don't ascribe to as being WRONG!) goes the whole point I was making about religions being incredibly strict...until it's better for them not to be.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:17 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Which translation , and a translation can be inaccurate.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:07 AM, HappyDaze said:

I'm speaking on the authority that perhaps the original writer may have improperly interpreted the source of the message, and perhaps the later translator may have spoken with the same source and applied errata. As for whether a particular version makes sense, it's religion--not everything in religious texts has been made with the intent to be logical or to avoid causing lots of problems--and that may be according to the intentions of the source.

The original Hebrew text says “Thou shalt not murder ”. Remember, the Ten Commandments are, first and foremost, Hebrew law . And it should be noted that the commentator here is himself Jewish, and well studied in his faith. He was also taught the Talmud in its original Hebrew, as is traditional. Thus, any direct Translations of the Talmud for Jewish readers is straight from Hebrew to English. The Christian Bible, including the Old Testament, went from Hebrew to Greek to Latin, to English. This is also how we went from Yeshua to Jesus. Killing and murder are different. This video specifically discussed this at length:

So, yes, the correct term is “Thou shalt not murder”, not “Thou shalt not kill”.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
38 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The Christian Bible, including the Old Testament, went from Hebrew to Greek to Latin, to English.

I must have missed the page dealing with this argument. What are we talking about here?

Also, that's not true. You'd be hard pressed to find a modern Bible translation that has translated from Latin to English. I doubt that has been done for a hundred years at least. All modern translations go from Hebrew to English or from Greek to English and certainly not from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English! Nonsense.

You could just be getting confused because those translations also exist but it doesn't mean they are used or even consulted in any academic translation work today.

Hahaha. But I have no idea where this came from! I have to go back and read some of the pages I missed during the two weeks when I avoided any and most Mandalorian spoilers for Chapter 15 and 16 so I could do a double header. (It failed though... I spied a picture of Luke in my newsfeed... bummer. Stupid spoiler article thumbnails) :)

2 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Yeah, the airlock thing was dumb. Why would it be there?

So the Dark Troopers can deploy from their bay.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The original Hebrew text says “Thou shalt not murder ”. Remember, the Ten Commandments are, first and foremost, Hebrew law . And it should be noted that the commentator here is himself Jewish, and well studied in his faith. He was also taught the Talmud in its original Hebrew, as is traditional. Thus, any direct Translations of the Talmud for Jewish readers is straight from Hebrew to English. The Christian Bible, including the Old Testament, went from Hebrew to Greek to Latin, to English. This is also how we went from Yeshua to Jesus. Killing and murder are different. This video specifically discussed this at length:

So, yes, the correct term is “Thou shalt not murder”, not “Thou shalt not kill”.

Ah, but the original Hebrew may have been flawed and the later (English) version was corrected through divine inspiration. Hey, if you can buy that divine inspiration gave the original, then why not the revision?

Just now, HappyDaze said:

Ah, but the original Hebrew may have been flawed and the later (English) version was corrected through divine inspiration. Hey, if you can buy that divine inspiration gave the original, then why not the revision?

That is illogical because it would mean that God was flawed the first time and later corrected himself.

Can we get back to Star Wars now?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That is illogical because it would mean that God was flawed the first time and later corrected himself.

Can we get back to Star Wars now?

Error of translation does not mean error in source.

8 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

And this would be illogical because....?

Wife's question/observation: "Why'd Din go to the trouble of shaving his mustache between last episode and this one?"