The Mandalorian Season 2! [Spoilers]

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I thought it was such a great episode, really nothing on screen went to waste. I really enjoyed watching the emotional ride Din went on as he first was rescued by her, then dismissed Bo as an imposter, then was rescued by her again, then really saw how dedicated she was and saw her groups sheer skill, and finally put his body on the line showing he respected her (and wanted to save his own butt ๐Ÿ˜› )

On 11/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, whafrog said:

Well so what? She's still fit and hot! :wub: Oh wait, that's in my ballpark... :D

Mine too. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Of course Kate Sackhoff is only 40.

As for abo Katanโ€™s age, she could be as young as her mid to late 40s, if she were in her late teens during the Clone Wars. We donโ€™t really know exactly how old she was back then, and Mandalorians consider someone to be an adult at thirteen, and marriageable at sixteen. If we presume her to be somewhere between sixteen and twenty at the end of the Clone Wars, that would make her no older than forty eight as of the events of The Mandalorian.

I'd put twenty as absolute minimum for Clone Wars, especially given how far she'd progressed up the ranks. A more accurate guess would probably place her closer to thirty.

Are you applying real world logic to Star Wars?

Because at 19, Luke was a moisture farmer.

3 years later on Hoth he was a Commander in the Rebel Alliance, and a piddly 1 year after that he was a General.

Just saying...

๐Ÿ˜‹

Just now, salamar_dree said:

Are you applying real world logic to Star Wars?

Because at 19, Luke was a moisture farmer.

3 years later on Hoth he was a Commander in the Rebel Alliance, and a piddly 1 year after that he was a General.

Just saying...

๐Ÿ˜‹

He also blew up a Death Star.

Comparing Luke and Bo Katan is a bit of an apples to oranges (the latter literally) in this case.

Luke was doing all sorts of things in the war-time Alliance, gaining recognition and fame and accomplishing dramatic feats. (PC)
He was also a pilot, and so Commander isn't as high ranking as it sounds. Flight Officer, Lieutenant, Captain, Commander. Commander just commands a Squadron.

Bo Katan was in the Death Watch, a group of elite warriors who were not in a war (yet), acting behind the scenes and carrying out covert operations. She's an NPC-type character.
She wouldn't have had the same chances to prove herself so dramatically at a young age like 16.

But I'm mostly going off of her appearance and the fact that she's Satine's sister, not daughter. If we presume Satine and Obi-Wan were roughly peers, then Satine was about 37 in the Clone Wars. If Bo Katan was twenty, then there's a 17 year age gap. I know some families with an age gap like that, but they're families with 6-8 kids.

I think placing Bo Katan at 30 is about right.

So she's 50-ish in the Mandalorian?

It doesn't bother me. Maybe she uses a really good face cream...

Or just ages well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

17 minutes ago, salamar_dree said:

Closer to sixty, I'd guess.

It doesn't really bother me much either, it was just a bit of "YIKES!" when I realized it.

Hang on, I'm getting a sense of deja vu...

Honest question, have we gone over this before in a different thread? Given the stellar quality of my memory, it would not surprise me if we had...

I haven't. Just this thread.

So Bo Katan looks 20 years younger, and Boba Fett looks 20 years older.

It all balances out...

Edited by salamar_dree

Yoda was 900 and he looked pretty fit ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He also blew up a Death Star.

Comparing Luke and Bo Katan is a bit of an apples to oranges (the latter literally) in this case.

Luke was doing all sorts of things in the war-time Alliance, gaining recognition and fame and accomplishing dramatic feats. (PC)
He was also a pilot, and so Commander isn't as high ranking as it sounds. Flight Officer, Lieutenant, Captain, Commander. Commander just commands a Squadron.

Bo Katan was in the Death Watch, a group of elite warriors who were not in a war (yet), acting behind the scenes and carrying out covert operations. She's an NPC-type character.
She wouldn't have had the same chances to prove herself so dramatically at a young age like 16.

But I'm mostly going off of her appearance and the fact that she's Satine's sister, not daughter. If we presume Satine and Obi-Wan were roughly peers, then Satine was about 37 in the Clone Wars. If Bo Katan was twenty, then there's a 17 year age gap. I know some families with an age gap like that, but they're families with 6-8 kids.

I think placing Bo Katan at 30 is about right.

When my cousin Jeff was starting college, his youngest brother was starting kindergarten. There are two other siblings in between, and all four have children of their own now. As with a number of historical warrior cultures, Mandalorians consider someone an adult as early as thirteen. That is when they come of age as a warrior. Thus, they are often experienced veterans by sixteen, and even more so by twenty. So there is no question that Bo Katan could be a veteran officer even at sixteen.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
2 hours ago, salamar_dree said:

It doesn't bother me. Maybe she uses a really good face cream...

Or just ages well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's all the helmet wearing. Keeps the sunlight off the skin.

I'm so excited about the whole "religious zealot" thing. I may have to include some of those in my current game... And revise my little book of mandos. Some crazy villains would great, in addition to imps and pirates.

So who thinks we'll see Ahsoka in the next episode?

8 minutes ago, Jegergryte said:

I'm so excited about the whole "religious zealot" thing. I may have to include some of those in my current game... And revise my little book of mandos. Some crazy villains would great, in addition to imps and pirates.

Doubt it, he has to work at it. She probably left to find Ezra anyways.

Edited by Eoen
16 minutes ago, Jegergryte said:

If sheโ€™s in it, it will be a reveal at the very end. Meanwhile, Dave Filoni wrote and directed the episode after that. No way would he entrust his babyโ€™s transition to live action to anyone else.

24 minutes ago, Jegergryte said:

I reckon he's going to make some detours to get his ship fixed up properly first.

16 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

When my cousin Jeff was starting college, his youngest brother was starting kindergarten. There are two other siblings in between, and all four have children of their own now. As with a number of historical warrior cultures, Mandalorians consider someone an adult as early as thirteen. That is when they come of age as a warrior. Thus, they are often experienced veterans by sixteen, and even more so by twenty. So there is no question that Bo Katan could be a veteran officer even at sixteen.

Star Wars is very pro responsibility for children, see Baboo's elected 14 year old queen.

Add in that she (Bo-Katan) is of noble birth and her having a command rank at a young age is almost inevitable. From the Clone Wars I'd ball park her age as close to Anakin's.

This season is really fun so far, but you definitely have to turn off your brain when it comes to the explanation for why this is the best way for Din to get the Child to a Jedi. The whole thing with Bo-Katan was awesome, but there was no explanation for why the Nite Owls knew to save him from the Quarren ... Or for how the frog chick's husband knew the Mon Cala who knew the Quarren who turned out to be a con artist who just wanted to steal the armor (if I were Din I'd be a little disappointed in the frog mom at that point).

Just now, DaverWattra said:

This season is really fun so far, but you definitely have to turn off your brain when it comes to the explanation for why this is the best way for Din to get the Child to a Jedi. The whole thing with Bo-Katan was awesome, but there was no explanation for why the Nite Owls knew to save him from the Quarren ... Or for how the frog chick's husband knew the Mon Cala who knew the Quarren who turned out to be a con artist who just wanted to steal the armor (if I were Din I'd be a little disappointed in the frog mom at that point).

Easy:

The frog man knew there were Mandalorians in town, as he'd seen them at the cantina.

Mando asks around the cantina, and the Mon Cal waiter had a deal with the Quarren for a cut of ill-gotten gains for helping him with cons like this, and so they conned Mando.

Bo Katan and co. had already been keeping on eye on Mando so when he left on the ship with the Quarren, they knew he was in trouble (or else were just continuing to surveil the boat and saw him end up in trouble).

22 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Easy:

The frog man knew there were Mandalorians in town, as he'd seen them at the cantina.

Mando asks around the cantina, and the Mon Cal waiter had a deal with the Quarren for a cut of ill-gotten gains for helping him with cons like this, and so they conned Mando.

Bo Katan and co. had already been keeping on eye on Mando so when he left on the ship with the Quarren, they knew he was in trouble (or else were just continuing to surveil the boat and saw him end up in trouble).

Yep. There was a pretty clear implication that the Quarren had run this routine before. And Koska Reeves was watching Mando in the port. If the Quarren had run this trap before, and Koska saw a new Mando arrive, not unreasonable for them to come to the reascue.

It's that time of week again.

I half want to wait till the season is over and binge... but I won't.

On Wookieepedia, the Krayt dragon is listed as being a Greater Krayt Dragon, and seems pretty similar to the Legends variant.

And I am vindicated in my protestations that not all similar creatures are the same, as the ice spiders are not in fact Kyrkna. The main difference is the maw. While the ice spiders have rows of teeth lining the inside of an almost mynock-like mouth, Kyrkna have mandibles and a beak. They do look similar, but they also both resemble the Legends Knobby White Spider of Dagobah.

Also the Krykna seem almost impervious to blaster fire. Their weakness is the eyes. The ones on Maldo Kreis seem to explode into goop pretty easily.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

On Wookieepedia, the Krayt dragon is listed as being a Greater Krayt Dragon, and seems pretty similar to the Legends variant.

And I am vindicated in my protestations that not all similar creatures are the same, as the ice spiders are not in fact Kyrkna. The main difference is the maw. While the ice spiders have rows of teeth lining the inside of an almost mynock-like mouth, Kyrkna have mandibles and a beak. They do look similar, but they also both resemble the Legends Knobby White Spider of Dagobah.

10 minutes ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Also the Krykna seem almost impervious to blaster fire. Their weakness is the eyes. The ones on Maldo Kreis seem to explode into goop pretty easily.

It should also be noted that the krykna only had six legs. These had eight.

Imperial Light Cruiser makes its' live action debut.

Maybe dark troopers?

Edited by Eoen
4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It should also be noted that the krykna only had six legs. These had eight.

They're probably something related, these where way more aggressive than the krykna in Rebels.

Edited by Eoen