Spoilers for Celestial Realms: The schools

By Myrion, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Roleplaying Game

Straight from the source at FFG, these are the schools that will be included in Celestial Realms:

• Agasha Alchemist
  • Asahina Envoy
  • Ishiken Initiate
  • Kaito Spirit Seeker
  • Kaiu Architect
  • Kitsu Realm Wanderer
  • Moshi Sun Sentinel
  • Shosuro Shadowweaver
  • Utaku Stablemaster

Significantly, the Ishiken Initiate is apparently not tied to the Phoenix clan!

What kind of school is the Sun Sentinel, do you know? Hopefully a shugenja.

Ishiken Initiate. From the wording of it I am kind of curious if they design this school to be not only the first void shugenja, but also the first multi-layered school. As if mastering this wouldn't be enough, and you have to follow a title to xp-sink. I'm still wondering on the whole "inversion" business.

Edited by HelloRPG

@Tonbo Karasu no, I don't unfortunately. I hope so too, though.

So the Kitsu family is the first family to have three schools. Anyway, happy to see that the Kaito family are getting another school, maybe with the shugenja tag this time 👻 Let us wait a couple of days to see what we are getting 🤤

On 8/17/2020 at 4:14 PM, Myrion said:

Significantly, the Ishiken Initiate is apparently not tied to the Phoenix clan!

Ha! Makes me wonder if all Ishiken mysteriously find distant ancestry back to the Phoenix somehow...

1 minute ago, T_Kageyasu said:

Ha! Makes me wonder if all Ishiken mysteriously find distant ancestry back to the Phoenix somehow...

Similar to a Togashi.

Was Isawa an Ishiken?

19 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Similar to a Togashi.

Was Isawa an Ishiken?

I don't know if it was ever outright revealed on the RPG, but in the CCG he was a Void Shugenja, so yes.

got my copy

By the way, how are the chapters structured? I suppose 3 or 4 chapters? One describing the other realms, one for player options, one for GM stuff and maybe something else?

Is the Ishiken a non-aligned School or Phoenix?

Can you tell us what’re the flavor for the new Crane and Lion Schools?

3 hours ago, Diogo Salazar said:

By the way, how are the chapters structured? I suppose 3 or 4 chapters? One describing the other realms, one for player options, one for GM stuff and maybe something else?

first part is the various realms. A part with the ancestral blades. A section on pheonix. A section on centipede, the schools, new adv, disads, shugenja equipment,

Ill give more in morn

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

first part is the various realms. A part with the ancestral blades. A section on pheonix. A section on centipede, the schools, new adv, disads, shugenja equipment,

Ill give more in morn

And this is where we get to guess what time zone you're in. For me, you posted around about 7am :P

It would be absolutely awesome if you could tell us the tags and/or technique access of the schools, or perhaps a one-line summary of them.

Similarly, a short summary of inversions would be amazeballs.

There's some I'm really curious about.

3 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

And this is where we get to guess what time zone you're in. For me, you posted around about 7am :P

You are around France, UK or one of its neighbors, i would wager.

1 hour ago, Diogo Salazar said:

You are around France, UK or one of its neighbors, i would wager.

Up in Scotland.

Waiting impatiently for more details...or my own copy to arrive, haha. I honestly didn't expect another Kaito school, it feels good to see them get a bit more depth than "they're all shrine keepers". Also hoping it comes with some art to low key show off the family mon.

Although, I would guess, by the name, that a Kaito Spirit Seeker is one that would go seeking a proper spirit to inhabit a shrine? So it's not necessarily shrine keeper but adjacent to it?

If it's tying into their new role assigned by Tsukune, it could be that they're seeking out troublesome spirits and/or finding "missing" spirits that were chased away from their shrines. Maybe even something like a Yu Yu Hakusho "Spirit Detective" school.

...either way it should give those Kaito PC's a great opportunity within the anime"my family wants me to take over running the family shrine but I want to go see the world instead" trope that they're basically set up for so far. 😁

Agasha alchemist- shugenja invovations rituals shuji-80

Asahina Envoy -courier kata, rituals shuji 81

Ishiken initiate- sage, shugenja. Invocations rituals shuji 82

Kaito Spirit Seeker- bushi Shugemja invocations Kata rituals 83

Kaiu Architech-Artisan Courtier. Kata Rituals Shuji 84

Kitsu Realm Wanderer-Shugenja Bushi Kata Rituals shuji 85

Moshi Sun Sentinel- bushi, Shugenja. Kata Rituals Shuji 86

Shosuro Shadowweaver -shugenja bushi shinobi Invocations kata rituals 87

Utaku Stablemaster -Bushi Sage Kata Rituals air and water invocations 88

Edited by Daeglan

Wait, so no-one has Inversions category access?

Also, I just noticed the Utaku techs are missing.

Thank you for this, however!

Edited by Myrion

I am assuming they are specific for a given rank. Just like the Shinobi don’t have free access to Ninjutsu.

Edited by Diogo Salazar
15 minutes ago, Myrion said:

Wait, so no-one has Inversions category access?

Also, I just noticed the Utaku techs are missing.

Thank you for this, however!

if you are refering to the Ishiken yes they are available in the advance chart.

36 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Kaito Spirit Seeker- bushi Shugemja invocations Kata rituals

1 hour ago, Kaito Kikaze said:

If it's tying into their new role assigned by Tsukune, it could be that they're seeking out troublesome spirits and/or finding "missing" spirits that were chased away from their shrines. Maybe even something like a Yu Yu Hakusho "Spirit Detective" school.

...either way it should give those Kaito PC's a great opportunity within the anime"my family wants me to take over running the family shrine but I want to go see the world instead" trope that they're basically set up for so far. 😁

So I guess you were right. A Bushi Shugenja with acces to Kata and Invocations definitely screams Spirit Detective.

1 minute ago, Diogo Salazar said:

So I guess you were right. A Bushi Shugenja with acces to Kata and Invocations definitely screams Spirit Detective.

Spirit Diplomats who carefully and patiently relocating spirits. according the the blurb on the school