New Descent product teased

By Lightningclaw, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

The only thing shown was the box, briefly at the end of the stream. No release date, contents, description or rules were given.

59D8C87E-8F82-46E8-82E6-88EEDA9CEFC3.jpeg

"Game design by Kara Centell-Dunk and Nathan Hajek"

That's enough to pique my interest, as they've designed a lot of great content for D2e. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what this game has to offer.

Edited by Zaltyre

At the end of the stream i was so bloody disapointed when they talked about that Marvel Die product. ;).
Then i thought, yeah they don't realize they are off line the fools ! pfff
And finally you Sons of **** how could you do that to us 💗 😰

Oh god have you seen the size of that box ! No new content ? Descent is Dead , is it ?

Great googly moogly!!!

Do you think the product teased is a new game in the same universe, a new edition, or an expansion?

So far difficult to say, but Chris Gerber in the show introduction clearly stated about a new edition of a game. And the only possible candidate presented during the report is Descent.
So to me looks like it is a new edition but i am not sure if it is compatible with what we have and i am worrying that there won't be any Conversion Kit.

1 hour ago, Tintaglia said:

So far difficult to say, but Chris Gerber in the show introduction clearly stated about a new edition of a game. And the only possible candidate presented during the report is Descent.

Not necessarily.

They have also said that Imperial Assault was a finished product, then in a Team Covenant interview, said "The story of Imperial Assault is not done".

Maybe new app driven upgraded version ala joyneys in the middle earth?

34 minutes ago, Hannibal_pjv said:

Maybe new app driven upgraded version ala joyneys in the middle earth?

probably but Descent II began to migrate to that model so it's not impossible.

That said, We fully know FFG and as big as the box may appear, we can be sure the insert will take some space. Or they'll keep going in being smart like with Marvel Champions Insert which is quite functional (but becomes insufficient for the forthcoming content). So maybe they'll not "cheat" on the ratio size of the box - content... Hope, if this is a new edition, that all the content of S2 will be compatible because I couldn't justify jumping in a S3 due to a lack of room and price tags that get more and more expansive (the size of the box gives me a 99$ MSRP impression)

Let's take a look at what we see at the sides of the box.

Here we can clearly see the wicked Uthuk Y'llan!
Specifically Berserkers and Blood Sister.
Plus we see our old friends Okaluk and Rakash which may be returning for this game (we all remember the absence of heroes from the 2nd edition box).
8wB1bZ2.jpg

And this one is a bit tricky and blurry. I can only guess that there is the one and only good cowboy Steelhorns. And, the wild guess - something rides... something. Could it be the Prince Faolan himself? And I totally can't recognise the last thing - maybe its a new lore stuff, introduced in this game.

QmCB9JB.jpg

Both illustrations are stylised as stained glass, which is telling our some memorable events. You can see the similar style in Realms of Terrinoth Lore book.
gns03_a1_mural.png

Edited by Oak tree

I am not sure about Okaluk. It is not a Latari Elve ?

Probably Gloomhaven with app at 15 9$ or 199$ MSRP.

45 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

I am not sure about Okaluk. It is not a Latari Elve ?

Yeah, its probably the Leonx Rider.

I hope they are not reusing minis from Runewars for this game 😨

rwm14_leonx-riders_group.png
Edited by Oak tree

i have from reliable sources clues that there is more info to come during GenCon.
So everybody stay tuned to GenCon on Line !

There better be a Shoulderpads McLantern included in the box

and it is only act 1...
I will run to the gym.

July 31st 3pm CDT will be there video regarding "Unannounced product #1" -- I assume that is when we here more. So hopefully more info on Friday

19 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

i have from reliable sources clues that there is more info to come during GenCon.
So everybody stay tuned to GenCon on Line !

None of the (publicly) scheduled streams would fit to throw in Descent with it. Only thing I could see is a surprise stream on Sunday after all others by FFG, so most likely no need to pay attention before then if you aren't interested in any of the other games. Or, wait, didn't he also mention upcoming news by Asmodee's novel division at GenCon? Or was that a heads-up for later this year? Due to the Descent novels they'd at least fit thematically for some additional info on the game. I haven't found any stream scheduled that mentions Aconyte, though.

3 minutes ago, TurboCooler said:

July 31st 3pm CDT will be there video regarding "Unannounced product #1" -- I assume that is when we here more. So hopefully more info on Friday

unannounced product #1 unboxing is Twilight Imperium expansion, unannounced product #2 gameplay is new X-Men game.

The elf hero on Leonx is Aliana. She has a curved sword while typical Leonx Riders have spears. Also, you can see the horn-like headgear on her Leonx, Wildcall.

rwm14_main.png

Edited by Budgernaut
7 hours ago, Elrad said:

(the size of the box gives me a 99$ MSRP impression)

I'm thinking $200. It looks like two of their $100 game boxes stacked on top of each other, and box size has been a decent predictor of cost from what I've seen.

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong about the size estimate. Seems taller than Runewars, but not twice as tall. Maybe $150 msrp.

Edited by Budgernaut
4 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

The elf hero on Leonx is Aliana. She has a curved sword while typical Leonx Riders have spears. Also, you can see the horn-like headgear on her Leonx, Wildcall.

rwm14_main.png

Playable Aliana in Descent would be cool. Team up with Lord Hawthorne outside of the battlefield.

...hmm, playable Zachareth, or is he back to his evil ways? :huh:

On MSRP, I saw some people on other threads thinking maybe $200 (maybe $300!) too, but it got me thinking are there really any non-Kickstarter, non-GW board game products hitting game store shelves at $200+? However big they make the box (looks about like a coffin box cut in half and stacked up, so not bigger than other boxes we've seen before) I don't know how much any company wants to push costs right now when games like Frosthaven are on KS for $100. I know Twilight Imperium is $150, but I don't know that it makes a lot of sense to push this beyond $125.

Good point.

1 hour ago, frankelee said:

I don't know how much any company wants to push costs right now when games like Frosthaven are on KS for $100. I know Twilight Imperium is $150, but I don't know that it makes a lot of sense to push this beyond $125.

Sure Frosthaven's $100 but if you notice they also list the MSRP as $160. Likewise FFG puts Descent 2e at 79.95 but you probably end up paying $50 for it. I would think this is the same way. They'll ask for the moon, because they don't tend to be great at reasonable price points. Then it'll actually sell for $125.