New squadrons packs ?

By Arkanta974, in X-Wing

8 hours ago, eMeM said:

Tiber, I don't know, but considering that it's very unlikely the Empire will ever get Mandalorian fighters (faction identity etc.), Gar Saxon is a prominent character, and he was working with Maul before the Empire, I can totally see him as a Scum pilot, if not for the Gauntlet then for the Fang.

Worth noting; Armada does have Gar Saxon in the Gauntlet as a squadron, not as a small ship or flotilla. It's on the edge but they fudge it like the VCX

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Worth noting; Armada does have Gar Saxon in the Gauntlet as a squadron, not as a small ship or flotilla. It's on the edge but they fudge it like the VCX

It's larger than the VCX and VCX is already pushing it. Maybe they will make it work or just shrink it, I think it might eventually show up, but for now they have the squadron pack which will likely be just repaints, and then a few much more straight-forward ships from Mandalorian, The Clone Wars, Resistance and probably more.

7 minutes ago, eMeM said:

It's larger than the VCX and VCX is already pushing it. Maybe they will make it work or just shrink it, I think it might eventually show up, but for now they have the squadron pack which will likely be just repaints, and then a few much more straight-forward ships from Mandalorian, The Clone Wars, Resistance and probably more.

I didn't mean to imply that it would be coming soon, only that I'd love to see it.

Also worth noting, the YV-666 is canonically bigger in all three dimensions than the Ghost, but they fudge that one as well.

Sith Infiltrator: 26.5 meters long

Shadow Caster: 34 meters long

YT-1300: 35 meters long

VCX-100 (Ghost): 43.9 meters long, 34.2 meters wide

Hound's Tooth: 47.4 meters long, 36.9 meters wide

Kom'rk Fighter: 52.3 meters long, 52.4 meters wide

All that to say, they already fudge a whole lot. The Kom-rk would only be a slight nudge more than the Hound's Tooth and would actually look smaller if they fudged them by the same amount, since it's relatively flat.

16 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Kom'rk Fighter: 52.3 meters long, 52.4 meters wide

Using extremely scientific and irrefutable methods, I have deduced that the Kom'rk cannot be 52.4 meters wide. Below we see Kanan next to Maul's Kom'rk Fighter. Kanan is 1.91 meters tall. Turn him on his side and he is just larger than the inner wing canard. Using the universal Kanan standard at the midpoint, we see that the ship is about 11.8 Kanans wide. Kanan's height of 1.91 meters times 11.8 Kanans equals a little under 22.54 meters. Even though the foreshortening would actually mean the Kom'rk is less wide than those 22.54 meters at the midpoint, let's round up the numbers to 12 Kanans and make Kanans height 2 meters. That would give us 24 meters wide. Even if we generously double the 24 meters to accommodate for the remaining wingspan, that is only 48 meters. Without fudging the number in favor of it being bigger, adding 5 Kanans per side for the wingspan, it seems to be more around 41.8 meters wide, and that is still being generous with the numbers.

Again, these are extremely accurate and irrefutable scientific findings. :P

0lco31Q.png

Edited by 5050Saint
35 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

Using extremely scientific and irrefutable methods, I have deduced that the Kom'rk cannot be 52.4 meters wide.

Just bring the ship already, FFG.

51 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

0lco31Q.png

More science.

Comparing to the size of a RZ-1 A-Wing, the Kom'rk looks to be between 5 and 6 RZ-1 lengths wide. 5 lengths would be 34.5 meters, and 6 lengths would be 41.4 meters.

18CGOns.jpg

Using A-wings for scale is very dangerous as their size is in constant flux :P

2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Again, these are extremely accurate and irrefutable scientific findings. :P

This is hard science people. Kanan's are a universally recognized unit of measurement ;)

I know that I for one would love to see Maul and Gar Saxon as pilots, and another large base with tallon rolls would be epic. I could see the case for a large base with linked actions even, and/or blue turns like the Lancer. Definitely wouldn't mind it being kind of expensive, and a fixed-front arc could keep it balanced. The Scimitar explores a fun design space but I don't do separatists so another outlet would be cool.

Is it too much to ask for the Empire Squadron pack to have ships that haven't already been re-released (like the Phantom, Bomber etc.)? Include the Cardboard and Cards of the existing pilots along with the new ones and kill two birds with one stone. Right?

On 8/3/2020 at 9:25 AM, svelok said:

but are the first order fugitives?

I believe "collaborators" and "fugitives" applies to the First Order. I don't really put the emphasis on the First Order being founded by "War Criminals" though.. In point of fact, many of the officers who founded the first order were either not present for most of the fighting (Admiral Thrawn) or refused to commit warcrimes (Admiral Sloan). As I understand it, the remnants of the empire were hunted, but after some time the republic and the First Order came to an agreement that allowed the First Order to exist outside of the republic. The "Collaborators" and "Fugitives" part of the first order comes from the fact that they didn't simply sit out beyond the outer-rim and quietly die off. Instead they infiltrated criminal organizations within the republic and turned those organizations to the needs of the First Order. So while we tend to view the First Order as being a large and well organized military, the fact is most of their officers would have whet their blades as criminals within the republic and alongside people who didn't necessarily belong to the First Order, but worked with them for fun and profit.

using my own extremely scientific method, i have deduced that the gauntlet's wingspan is 52.4m based on the irrefutable fact that wookiepedia = science

13 hours ago, C3gorach said:

Is it too much to ask for the Empire Squadron pack to have ships that haven't already been re-released (like the Phantom, Bomber etc.)? Include the Cardboard and Cards of the existing pilots along with the new ones and kill two birds with one stone. Right?

I guess if they would do this, they would have released the Resistance Y-wing + Resistance B-wing in the Heralds of Hope pack. Instead, we got 1 (vomit color) A-wing and not only one, but 2 ugly repainted T-70s. :(

On 8/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, Hippie Moosen said:

This is hard science people. Kanan's are a universally recognized unit of measurement ;)

I was brought up measuring in Senates. What's the conversion rate?

Any word on these packs now with the move to Atomic Mass Games?

On 8/5/2020 at 6:21 PM, Hippie Moosen said:

Sigh, yes, but it's a unit of time measure ;)

On 8/5/2020 at 10:19 AM, 5050Saint said:

More science.

Comparing to the size of a RZ-1 A-Wing, the Kom'rk looks to be between 5 and 6 RZ-1 lengths wide. 5 lengths would be 34.5 meters, and 6 lengths would be 41.4 meters.

18CGOns.jpg

How the **** do they get away with classifying this hulking thing as a “fighter?” It’s way too big to be called a fighter. Freighter, Transport, Shuttle, Light Warship, Combat Transport... anything but Fighter.

20 hours ago, cybercat07 said:

Any word on these packs now with the move to Atomic Mass Games?

No word really, aside from the distributors that hinted them in the first place believe March 2021. It will probably still happen because of the lead time in production as some of the last things the FFG staff conclusively developed before hand (as opposed to are these the ffg devs notes on a thing, did AMG tweak it, etc). That said, AMG will almost certainly get to set the points for the squad packs and that could get interesting

I still hope that FFG will publish articles about the 3 upcoming squadron packs, since it was in their production schedule.

December has arrived, and still no news about that. Maybe today or next week ?

5 hours ago, Silver_leader said:

I still hope that FFG will publish articles about the 3 upcoming squadron packs, since it was in their production schedule.

December has arrived, and still no news about that. Maybe today or next week ?

Well now that there's no unreleased product whatsoever left in X-Wing, and even Armada will be all out tomorrow, surely we'll have something very soon.

Then again, holidays affect things so I'm not sure if it's better for them to hold off till afterward...

Sadly, the FFG Live Schedule hasn't been updated since October, and the last FFG Live stream was almost 3 weeks ago. I wonder if the person driving that part of the biz has been let go.

20 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Well now that there's no unreleased product whatsoever left in X-Wing, and even Armada will be all out tomorrow, surely we'll have something very soon.

Then again, holidays affect things so I'm not sure if it's better for them to hold off till afterward...

My primary concern remains the unofficially announced Clone Wars Armada expansions. I'd really like to know if we should expect those.

27 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

My primary concern remains the unofficially announced Clone Wars Armada expansions. I'd really like to know if we should expect those.

Supposed to be in stores tomorrow

23 minutes ago, Silver_leader said:

Supposed to be in stores tomorrow

Pretty sure they're talking about Wave 2.

51 minutes ago, Frimmel said:

We've already seen full packaging etc., right? I'd figure they're already well into production.