Star Wars: Squadrons

By Jo Jo, in X-Wing Off-Topic

1 hour ago, "Quickdraw" said:

Oh that's bad, I usually enter them started and you're stuck at a random faction.

I can't think of many games that let you switch sides after a match has started.

Another bug with the b-wing - The Gyro module is supposed to increase ammo by 100%; Maury has confirmed this to be a lie.

This component is not working, at least in practice. I haven't tried in any other mode.

As for b-wing power management, if you take the resonant shield, and the boost charge engine, you can just keep full power to shields, potentially maxing all systems at once.

still, the bug ia going to keep me from playing the ship much.

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Another bug with the b-wing - The Gyro module is supposed to increase ammo by 100%; Maury has confirmed this to be a lie.

This component is not working, at least in practice. I haven't tried in any other mode.

As for b-wing power management, if you take the resonant shield, and the boost charge engine, you can just keep full power to shields, potentially maxing all systems at once.

I’ve gotten the ammo increase versus AI.
While I’m not sure this is the best choice out there, going after a Raider with 80 unguided rockets feels amazing.

Previously I had expressed concerns about how the B-Wing would fly. Having a few games under my belt, I’m happy to say those concerns were largely addressed. It flys like a brick, but the way they implemented the gyro means I feel I have a lot of options for avoiding clipping obstacles and other ships. All in all, I will be happily making attack runs on imperial capital ships in this beefy boy.

12 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

I can't think of many games that let you switch sides after a match has started.

Then let me choose before I start or something, my disappointment is because it takes me a long time (because of my geographical location) to find dogfight or fleet battles, and with custom matches I can enter at least a 2vs2 really quick, but if I can't choose faction its a bit of a disappointment.

15 hours ago, "Quickdraw" said:

Then let me choose before I start or something, my disappointment is because it takes me a long time (because of my geographical location) to find dogfight or fleet battles, and with custom matches I can enter at least a 2vs2 really quick, but if I can't choose faction its a bit of a disappointment.

You can choose a preference for side before joining a dogfight match.

22 hours ago, Frimmel said:

You can choose a preference for side before joining a dogfight match.

Yes thanks, I was talking about the new custom match game mode.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:34 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

So couple of bugs.. TIE defender missile hits do not count as hits for challenges it seems.

Also, if you run dual ‘meme beams’ on the b-wing, and fire the simultaneously they cancel each other out, doing no damage or activating, instead just produce a red/blue lightshow.

Matchmaking is still bantha-poodoo. O honestly think they have to something for this. When you are the highest on a team, being level 43, and the second highest is level 3, Vs. A team with the lowest level being 72.. well.. there is an issue. I could see this turning people off, especially when you have it happens 7 times in a row.

After playing a bit.. the TIE Defender is NOT an easy ship. You have to constantly be shifting power, and using the APS. The full power recharge rate is insane!
Finding it hard on the controller, and if you get hit, well, the hull is made of paper mache’ with an thin durasteel foil layer over top.
In proper elite hands, the Defender is a scary thing, to the average TIE pilot, like me who often pulls maneuvers as seen accomplished by on screen TIE pilots (crashing into things), it is not so deadly. Still, if Thrawn got this project working, instead of Krennic’s death star? It would have changed the war - the fighter honestly feels that way. You can adapt to any situation, if you are skilled enough.

The B-wing.. well.. the gyroscope spinning around the cockpit looks so cool (in freelook), so being in VR would probably be amazing - which sadly I am not.

The B-Wing not firing both beams isn't really a bug.

As for the TIE Defender, yeah. In my hands it's especially deadly. That's not boasting, I'm just the right kind of skillset to fly it.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:03 AM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Oh Gods, don't do that. for your own sake. For one you should always bee full-to-engines. Resonant shields do NOT decay and being full to shields doesn't make them stronger or make them recharge faster. Just overcharge and switch full power to engines. Try to get used to 8/4/0. You lose a lot of speed and turn rate if you're ever-...

Why don't I just add you on Origin/Steam/Whatever and we play sometime? DM me and I can just teach you things you probably need to know but trust me, those are features, not bugs, but they're not as powerful as you may think.

15 hours ago, KCDodger said:

As for the TIE Defender, yeah. In my hands it's especially deadly. That's not boasting, I'm just the right kind of skillset to fly it.

I expected you to fly the Y-wing.... 😕

On 12/14/2020 at 2:41 PM, KCDodger said:

Agreed on the beam, except that I don't recall seeing anything saying you can't equip and fire both simultaneously. That should at least be addressed. Logically, a TIE bomber could then not drop two bombs simultaneously, yet I can do that.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, KCDodger said:

Oh Gods, don't do that. for your own sake. For one you should always bee full-to-engines. Resonant shields do NOT decay and being full to shields doesn't make them stronger or make them recharge faster. Just overcharge and switch full power to engines. Try to get used to 8/4/0. You lose a lot of speed and turn rate if you're ever-...

Why don't I just add you on Origin/Steam/Whatever and we play sometime? DM me and I can just teach you things you probably need to know but trust me, those are features, not bugs, but they're not as powerful as you may think.

The above build is if you are REALLY lazy on power management. With it you are always generating boost, and weapons charge as long as shields are full. I do agree it is far from optimal. I don't run it myself, but it IS an option.

I’ll send you a DM later, as it will be good to have a friendly pilot.

16 hours ago, Odanan said:

I expected you to fly the Y-wing.... 😕

Believe me, I wanted to. But it has no repair feature of any kind, moves like dookie and frankly just, isn't what I need out of a fighter in this game. If its Ion Turret was useful and it had a repair droid, and I could throw a light hull on it likE THE TIE BOMBER CAN GET BUT THE Y-WING CAN'T FOR SOME FRAKKING STUPID-ASSED REASON then yeah I'd absolutely be flying the Y-Wing!

But I don't.

5 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Agreed on the beam, except that I don't recall seeing anything saying you can't equip and fire both simultaneously. That should at least be addressed. Logically, a TIE bomber could then not drop two bombs simultaneously, yet I can do that.

The above build is if you are REALLY lazy on power management. With it you are always generating boost, and weapons charge as long as shields are full. I do agree it is far from optimal. I don't run it myself, but it IS an option.

I’ll send you a DM later, as it will be good to have a friendly pilot.

It is lazy power management but also really hurts you, tbh.
It is logical to assume a bomber can drop several bombs, but using the same gun ports for three different weapons? ****.

I reckon this will be my last post on this forum but yeah squadrons is great and I would love it if y'all filled out the poll in this post:

I'm working on something that I think is very special but you know, I want to make sure the community agrees first 😛