The tale of Imperial Assault is not done!

By Galak Fyyar, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I don't know how FFG is planing to continue the game, but sells is good and I hope we can have a new staff!

Download video
Download video
Download video
Download video

Edited by Galak Fyyar

Give us Endor, you cowards.

Endor and Rogue One!

So glad to hear! There is tons of content left here!

I'm way too jaded at this point to get hopeful based on this. My expectations are that this means they'll continue with reprints, and that maybe we get a new app campaign or something.

I mean don't get me wrong, if they start coming out with expansions again I'll be thrilled, but I can't bring myself to believe that they will until we hear something a lot more firm.

Excited to hear this, but nobody start holding their breath just yet.

"We're not prepared to talk about that, that's a long long way out, but there's still some more stuff to say about that."

I am one of the people that just bought in. My core set is currently on its way as is Return to Hoth, Twin Shadows, Greedo Bossk and Fett.

Did he say they are doing reprints?

Woot! Woot! :D

1 hour ago, ManateeX said:

My expectations are that this means they'll continue with reprints, and that maybe we get a new app campaign or something.

I get where you're coming from. But he said reprints are still being produced, so the phrase "that's a long, long way out" can't refer to reprints.

I'd say the worst case is new raid maps and the best is new physical content. Middle ground would be app campaigns or 2E (I do realize that last one is personal preference, though).

Edited by Uninvited Guest
1 hour ago, Uninvited Guest said:

I get where you're coming from. But he said reprints are still being produced, so the phrase "that's a long, long way out" can't refer to reprints.

I'd say the worst case is new raid maps and the best is new physical content. Middle ground would be app campaigns or 2E (I do realize that last one is personal preference, though).

Yeah I agree with you on this. The reprints are already on-going. I think more app campaigns are on the way and longer down the path also new content.

Nice! This made my day. Maybe my week. Stoked. I have hope. I got really excited when he said "years worth of content" but then I realized he meant what was already out there... still, there is still hope for some new stuff! ENDOR?! ROGUE ONE?! CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?! (kidding on the last one).

I wish they would just say "Also, for the skirmish players, we will officially sanction IACP and the changes that are being tested and voted on by the community and we will release a new pack cards printed up from the IACP stuff..." Not gonna happen, I know, but just making it "cannon" would really help revitalize skirmish!

Anyhoooo. happy times (in spite of coronavirus everywhere)

Oh yeah, and "a very strong year of sales"? Nice! That's making 'em rethink letting it go by the wayside!

Maybe more app campaigns? Or maybe a few ally villain packs? They could do Cassian and Krennec and not even need visual design since they are created in Legion.

Whatever it ends up being - I’ll buy it!! :)

Just the promise of something new at some point is more than we've had for a while and that's all we ever wanted, for a long time... Not knowing (until that last interview made it clear) was bad for business and bad for the game.

The best news I've heard in far too long!

5 hours ago, Mandalore of the Rings said:

Oh yeah, and "a very strong year of sales"? Nice! That's making 'em rethink letting it go by the wayside!

Part of that is due to people buying in the fear of stock running out. This year might be slower sales for more reasons than one.

At this point I am doubting the release of any new physical content. Andrew made it clear in the AMA they were considering IA as complete. More likely they were referring to more raid maps or another app campaign to drive sales of existing product.

"The story is not yet done" seems to be little bit better than more maps! Sounds a bit promising. A HotE campaign would be great but best would be at least a few more fig packs or even a small expansion. Anyway, just the phrase "the story is not yet done" makes this game not "complete" like Andrew said, so maybe they are rethinking things after another year of good sales. Maybe not, but it still made me happy to think their is more stuff coming at some point. I don't really care when, but at least I know there is more. (I still have all three small expansions to get anyway...)

🥂 🍾

So, the guy hints at some IA plans down the line, possibly quite a way down the line. I wonder if perhaps FFG are waiting for Hasbro's boardgame lisence to run out and hoping to $natch * that up for themselves? Would something like that even be possible? I mean, Hasbro is ever so slightly bigger than FFG, so the idea of FFG buying the SW lisence out under Hasbro might be ludicrous... or?

Of course, this might just be about reprints and the odd aniversary villain release or whatever, but I sure as hellion hope we'll see a handful of new waves, or perhaps even an IA2, at some point :) This game is something really special.

* weird spelling to circumvent the totally bonkers censor bots... geez ;)

Edited by angelman2

Thinking on a 2nd edition is not crazy (same as descent). They can focus the game in another era (clone wars or resistance) or even go mid eras (mandalorian-pre episode 7).

I think it will works nice and of course add some point a rogue one wave to bring us vader and rebel heroes.

They seem happy selling their old stuff to new customers, much like descent. This is better news than them not knowing if, or ever, they will do reprints. This may be just a board game they keep around for years with something new every once in a great while.

Edited by Mep
5 hours ago, naitsirk said:

Thinking on a 2nd edition is not crazy (same as descent). They can focus the game in another era (clone wars or resistance) or even go mid eras (mandalorian-pre episode 7).

I think it will works nice and of course add some point a rogue one wave to bring us vader and rebel heroes.

Honestly, a second edition sounds like reinventing the wheel. If the current game is "selling well" then really what needs to happen is to support an existing, successful product, not sell something new.

7 hours ago, angelman2 said:

So, the guy hints at some IA plans down the line, possibly quite a way down the line. I wonder if perhaps FFG are waiting for Hasbro's boardgame lisence to run out and hoping to $natch * that up for themselves? Would something like that even be possible? I mean, Hasbro is ever so slightly bigger than FFG, so the idea of FFG buying the SW lisence out under Hasbro might be ludicrous... or?

Of course, this might just be about reprints and the odd aniversary villain release or whatever, but I sure as hellion hope we'll see a handful of new waves, or perhaps even an IA2, at some point :) This game is something really special.

* weird spelling to circumvent the totally bonkers censor bots... geez ;)

Hasbro just renewed their licensing deal with Disney less than a month ago, so unless board games were negotiated as a separate deal than everything else I don't think that's likely.

1 hour ago, urloony said:

Honestly, a second edition sounds like reinventing the wheel. If the current game is "selling well" then really what needs to happen is to support an existing, successful product, not sell something new.

Hmm... my suspicion was 2e, but you make a fair point. That said, X-wing sales didn’t seem to be suffering when they announced 2e. Of course, it had plenty of other issues; one of which (balance) is/was present in IA skirmish for a long time.