The RPG lines are continuing! Pretty much just waiting for an official announcement at this point!

By LeighPouse, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

You are forgettimg the covid shut down that has backed everythimg up. How long did the Chinese printer shut down? How long was edge shut down? Did they have someone to switch the asset? How long did it take to move all the FFG assets over to Edge? Did they do anything before Sam Stewart was hired? Where are the books in the backlog in China?

There are a lot of moving parts that we have no information on.

Sure the swaapping logo part does not take long. But l the other moving parts we have noninfo on.

I’m not forgetting anything.

The printer shutdown doesn’t impact internal layout and design. Given you agree that, even without an existing usable file, swapping the asset is minimal time consumption, calling out the need to change the logo specifically as a reason for delay is a bit disingenuous.

46 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

I’m not forgetting anything.

The printer shutdown doesn’t impact internal layout and design. Given you agree that, even without an existing usable file, swapping the asset is minimal time consumption, calling out the need to change the logo specifically as a reason for delay is a bit disingenuous.

I said it is a factor.

9 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I said it is a factor.

It’s a day, maybe two, of layout work. At most. The “new” asset already exists in Edge’s Digital library. If it does need to be done, and there’s no one in the pre-existing Edge personnel in Europe or at the US offices who can’t cut/copy/paste 42 times in 8-16 hours there’s a big problem...and a new explanation for why the books’ production takes so long.

4 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

It’s a day, maybe two, of layout work. At most. The “new” asset already exists in Edge’s Digital library. If it does need to be done, and there’s no one in the pre-existing Edge personnel in Europe or at the US offices who can’t cut/copy/paste 42 times in 8-16 hours there’s a big problem...and a new explanation for why the books’ production takes so long.

It is only a day or 2if they have someone to do it.

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

It is only a day or 2if they have someone to do it.

If only I’d mentioned that. Oh, wait...I did: Edge’s existing staff in Europe, and whoever might now be on staff in the US.

But, yeah...swapping out one trade dress asset is a huge enough hurdle to clear that it needs calling out specifically.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

If only I’d mentioned that. Oh, wait...I did: Edge’s existing staff in Europe, and whoever might now be on staff in the US.

But, yeah...swapping out one trade dress asset is a huge enough hurdle to clear that it needs calling out specifically.

You are making a lot of assumptions that is not clear should be made.

12 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

You are making a lot of assumptions that is not clear should be made.

Apologies. Didn't mean to intrude on your assumption territory.

Edited by Nytwyng

I hope this means that printing of the books will resume (soonly). There’s no way in he11 I’m paying northward of $100 for Allies & Adversaries or Collapse of the Republic, the only books I don’t have and am interested in getting. Some clown on Amazon wants $500 for a copy of Allies that has, quote, “MAJOR CRACK AT SPINE externally with damage to front and back cover”. Yahhhhh, no. That dog don’t hunt.

2 hours ago, the mercenary said:

I hope this means that printing of the books will resume (soonly). There’s no way in he11 I’m paying northward of $100 for Allies & Adversaries or Collapse of the Republic, the only books I don’t have and am interested in getting. Some clown on Amazon wants $500 for a copy of Allies that has, quote, “MAJOR CRACK AT SPINE externally with damage to front and back cover”. Yahhhhh, no. That dog don’t hunt.

I've got near-perfect copies I'll sell you for that price...

2 hours ago, the mercenary said:

That dude be trippin'!

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

I've got near-perfect copies I'll sell you for that price...

No thanks, I don’t want them that badly.

Edited by the mercenary
51 minutes ago, the mercenary said:

No thanks, I don’t want them that badly.

I get it man. So... $400?

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

I get it man. So... $400?

😂

Any update on this?

2 hours ago, copperbell said:

Any update on this?

nope. best we have is Sam announcing L5r Product and a x-wing live chat saying more is coming.

Here's hoping!

21 hours ago, copperbell said:

Any update on this?

As Daeglan said, nothing specific to the SWRPG line.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect any news until early next year at the earliest. Edge Studios themselves even said (when speaking to the Order 66 podcast fellows) to give them about a year before there's any major news, which was said back sometime around May.

And Edge Studio doesn't have more than a placeholder English website yet. Once they have that, I'm sure that updates will start up about products.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, salamar_dree said:

And Edge Studio doesn't have more than a placeholder English website yet. Once they have that, I'm sure that updates will start up about products.

I'm not sure if this will happen that quickly, the placeholder website is in place since may and there is no real news.
I ordered nearly all additionla books for Force and Destiny on February and I really want them to be printed. I have given up to get even one printet book till mid of 2021...
My estimate with corona and them not even getting a website ready in 4 months makes me beleve that we AT LEAST need to wait an additional 4 to get any news and AT LEAST 8 Months till the first batch of books is printed, but maybe not even the ones someone ordered. Also there is the hole pandemic thing still running in the background, that is also a very big factor....

I really really want to be wrong.... And I really wanted my first post to be a homebrew campaign to share using this suppliments....

I know that their French website is up. One of the French-speaking moderators on the Genesys Discord server has reposted that Edge Studio did announce an L5R supplement, so they are working on stuff.

Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, Thorolf said:

My estimate with corona and them not even getting a website ready in 4 months makes me beleve that we AT LEAST need to wait an additional 4 to get any news and AT LEAST 8 Months till the first batch of books is printed, but maybe not even the ones someone ordered. Also there is the hole pandemic thing still running in the background, that is also a very big factor....

I mean, as noted earlier, Edge did ask the D20 Radio podcast hosts to “give (them) the year” when the changeover was first announced, which was just a week or two before the world ground to a halt for a few months. So, is this really a surprise?

I also got the impression from Sam’s In-Flight Report that updating the web site is not a priority until production gets up and running. So... 🤷‍♂️

Let's hope for the best. But a life sign from Edge Studio would be much apreciated. I'm not really sure if it would be a good or a bad idea, but I would love them to have a temporary twitter or whateven and give some news like "Our focus is on X, its going well. Stay tuned"

Maybe I'm to spoiled. But when spending 300€ and get no real news for over 4 months I'm getting a little frustrated. :( I could alway cancel my preorder, but now I'm comitted to gettig the books.

Let's hope for the best.

....and they still need to change that slogan on their website, "We dream WITH unexplored worlds" to, "We dream OF unexplored worlds". Unless there is some future scifi setting in the works involving intelligent, living gas giants* that inspire dreams in explorers or some such. :)

*What novel am I thinking of?

Edited by Sturn
11 hours ago, Sturn said:

....and they still need to change that slogan on their website, "We dream WITH unexplored worlds" to, "We dream OF unexplored worlds". Unless there is some future scifi setting in the works involving intelligent, living gas giants* that inspire dreams in explorers or some such. :)

May just be a translation thing on their end. English is after all a rather messy language for non-native speakers to learn.

Or could be semi-intentional as they intend to only develop RPGs for established properties/settings, be those settings ones that FFG has previously created (Twilight Imperial, Android) or have existed for a while now (Star Wars and Legend of the Five Rings).

On 9/23/2020 at 11:07 PM, Thorolf said:

Let's hope for the best. But a life sign from Edge Studio would be much apreciated. I'm not really sure if it would be a good or a bad idea, but I would love them to have a temporary twitter or whateven and give some news like "Our focus is on X, its going well. Stay tuned"

Maybe I'm to spoiled. But when spending 300€ and get no real news for over 4 months I'm getting a little frustrated. :( I could alway cancel my preorder, but now I'm comitted to gettig the books.

Let's hope for the best.

Oh. You know nothing John Snow. *Looks as Armada player*