Can we get an off topic subforum?

By Tris87TJ, in Star Wars: Legion

1 hour ago, TauntaunScout said:

Very little falls under general Legion discussion that isn't better suited to one of the subforums. I never read any of the number crunching threads but I don't ask they all be moved to a Rules/Army Building subforum.

This is almost so false its funny. I could literally invent and/or link 500 topics that fall directly into a general Legion forum as opposed to a specific sub forum. I guess what we simply have here is a number of people use this as their all encompassing Star Wars discussion outlet. They like Legion, so they just use the forums for any random Staw Wars topic they please. And it appears a ton of people dig this. Some don't. The other FFG forums have an off topic section, Legion doesn't. That should be looked into.

45 minutes ago, Docgimmethenews said:

That's the ticket!

Man I didnt know I could choose to read what articles are posted!

FREEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!

Then why do sub forums exist at all? I get you're here for comic relief, and jokes are fine and all. But nobody is talking about choosing or any of the topics being "bad" or anything negative. We're talking about forum organization. And since 1/3 of all posts don't have anything to do with Legion, organization is probably needed.

FWIW I created a post in the Support forum regarding this topic. Thought it might be the appropriate place to actually get the attention of someone from FFG.

5 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

You know the Lebowski quote, I'm sure.

“No Donny, these men are Nihilists, they won’t hurt you”?

3 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

“No Donny, these men are Nihilists, they won’t hurt you”?

"Forget it [TauntuanScout], you're out of your element"

On 2/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, KommanderKeldoth said:

So basically all of @Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun 's posts?

YES.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:22 PM, Bobmc said:

Legion and X-wing players coming together to mock the Armada players sounds like good times to me

You guys are just jealous of our superior game mechanics.

3 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

You guys are just jealous of our superior game mechanics.

Even if Armada got cancelled tomorrow, I'd be content knowing that the game feels complete. Any new expansions are just icing on the cake.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, Bobmc said:

Legion and X-wing players coming together to mock the Armada players sounds like good times to me

Armada is the one game I dominate.

Legion is pretty good success rate but they are hard fought and there are so many close matches.

X-Wing I just might as well just say, congrats/you crushed me/good game, to whoever plays opposite me.

On 2/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, AldousSnow said:

This is almost so false its funny. I could literally invent and/or link 500 topics that fall directly into a general Legion forum as opposed to a specific sub forum. I guess what we simply have here is a number of people use this as their all encompassing Star Wars discussion outlet. They like Legion, so they just use the forums for any random Staw Wars topic they please. And it appears a ton of people dig this. Some don't. The other FFG forums have an off topic section, Legion doesn't. That should be looked into.

Then why are you not inventing these 500 or more topics, right now? It's not like people who consider topics not strictly related to gameplay or new releases to be part of Legion could stop you, and if there's just so much "proper" on-topic content being forced out by us dastardly people who think Star Wars is part of a Star Wars game, surely you could drown out what you see as off-topic discussion easily since your unnamed alternatives are so abundant and vitally interesting. Be the change you want to see in the world, etc.

Or, you could muster up some energy - maybe eat some trail mix first to gird you for the task - and go to the Herculean effort of using your mouse to scroll past topics you're not personally interested in 🙄

Edited by Yodhrin
On 2/4/2020 at 8:55 PM, ScummyRebel said:

I for one volunteer to be a mod for the limited section of just Legion. I promise to rule with a benevolent but iron fist. :)

That’s how it always starts .

Then by Episode VII you will want to have a Starkiller Base.

-

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun