Destiny has now met its destiny, FFG has just killed the game off

By KnightHammer, in Star Wars: Destiny

Wow. It seems if you play a game from FFG that isn't hot at the moment, prepare for it to be canceled. Hope Marvel Champions doesn't ever hit a lull or we will probably lose that game too......

8 minutes ago, 4wallz said:

Wow. It seems if you play a game from FFG that isn't hot at the moment, prepare for it to be canceled. Hope Marvel Champions doesn't ever hit a lull or we will probably lose that game too......

Marvel Champions doesn't require dice to be manufactured, so it's a lot cheaper to produce.

Just now, AlexW said:

Marvel Champions doesn't require dice to be manufactured, so it's a lot cheaper to produce.

Hasnt stopped FFG from cancelling card games and anything else ASAP though.

After the layoffs I was wondering which game was going to get the axe first, sadness I really liked this game.

Well I think most of us knew that some games would be affected because of the layoff. From what I understand it wasn't very popular. I bought a bunch of cards to play with my friends. It was really hard to find a game store who had players that played. I am sure other games like Imperial Assault will follow. X-wing and Legion right now seem to be there big star wars products so they will be receiving continued support. The RPG line will be outsourced to freelance writers, so everything has been affected by the layoffs. Really sucks! I like the game got 3 of my friends into it.

Edited by Rebelspartan
6 minutes ago, Rebelspartan said:

I am sure other games like Imperial Assault will follow.

I think FFG said they not putting out any more IA physical products

2 minutes ago, Ken on Cape said:

Ouch! Didn't hear that. Armada is the other game I hear is not doing well. So I am sure it will be a matter of time.

2 minutes ago, Ken on Cape said:

Yeah, its pretty much dead, no new models, worlds tourney ended after this year and lack of real non physical support

Just now, Rebelspartan said:

Ouch! Didn't hear that. Armada is the other game I hear is not doing well. So I am sure it will be a matter of time.

Armada is apparently pretty stable. There’s a couple more ships in the hopper, too.

1 minute ago, KalEl814 said:

Armada is apparently pretty stable. There’s a couple more ships in the hopper, too.

That's good to hear. All of the Star Wars games that FFG has come out including the RPG has legitimately been good.

33 minutes ago, Kaiju said:

Hasnt stopped FFG from cancelling card games and anything else ASAP though.

Sure, but I'm just saying that Destiny had a relatively short run even though it may have been more popular than other games (like LOTR card game) because of that cost. I'm not sure which card games you are referring to, but the ones that I can think of were due to loss of license, new editions, or replaced (like Star Wars for Destiny). EDIT: And in general, it's probably good that they cancel games that aren't doing well so that other games can survive.

Edited by AlexW

This makes me legitimately angry and I haven't played in years because I didn't trust FFG to not screw this up. I feel so bad for the people who paid full price for anything in this game thinking surely the Star Wars IP was enough to prop it up until FFG got its act together.

I invested heavily in this game. First FFG I've played competatively. Traveled all over the country. The way FFG treated its community in Destiny is and was unforgivable. I will never play another FFG game again.

Not surprised at all.

The first set was great. It was a fun and casual competitive game featuring a popular IP. A lot of people I know bought into it. Then, the second set hit and the game dynamic changed. The game felt quicker, more combo heavy and not nearly as fun for my casual crowd. I remember the designer at the time saying that this was exactly as intended. Literally everyone I know gave up on it at this point. I'm a little surprised the game lasted this long. It just didn't have mass appeal. I feel that they may have had better luck steering it in a direction that led to longer, more casual games and less in the direction of "I got out cards X, Y and Z... you want to play it out or just concede?".

Maybe we'll get a quality replacement game.

Honestly even though they announced the Vault Warrior tour for KeyForge, I can't help but wonder when FFG will kill that game. It's not nearly as popular as when it first started. It got a bit of a rise with World's Collide. But the game is way less popular than when it started. And from what we've seen here, I don't have much faith in FFG to stick with a game unless it is making them a bunch of money. Making me rethink how much I get into FFG "collecting" games. Maybe I will just stick with their board games. Although I still do like Marvel Champions.

Guys, there's a pattern on the market for years. Look what ZeniMax did to Bethesda, EA to BioWare, Activision to Blizzard, what now Asmodee is doing to FFG. Soon it will be just an empty shell of its former self, like all the others legend companies taken over by big buck.

Destiny was in decline for almost a year and FFG is going through major change recently so it doesn't surprise me they put the axe on hit.

Team Covenant just pulled a **** move, they will not accept cancellations on the final set

They're just learning the same lesson Disney is, you can't just slap 'Star Wars' on crap and expect money to rain from the sky.

3 minutes ago, 4wallz said:

Honestly even though they announced the Vault Warrior tour for KeyForge, I can't help but wonder when FFG will kill that game. It's not nearly as popular as when it first started. It got a bit of a rise with World's Collide. But the game is way less popular than when it started. And from what we've seen here, I don't have much faith in FFG to stick with a game unless it is making them a bunch of money. Making me rethink how much I get into FFG "collecting" games. Maybe I will just stick with their board games. Although I still do like Marvel Champions.

Coop LCGs tend to have a lot of legs. The LotR LCG has been going forever and still has new product in the pipeline. The Arkham Horror LCG shows no sign of slowing down. Marvel Champions will likely be the same way. I'd be ecstatic if they announced a coop LCG for Star Wars.

Competitive CCGs are a tough sell. Most fail sooner than later.

5 minutes ago, KnightHammer said:

Team Covenant just pulled a **** move, they will not accept cancellations on the final set

I mean... this has been their policy all along. It has applied to all of their subscriptions for a long time...

" If your subscription is active, you will be charged for and receive every new release for that subscription. Once you have been charged for a product a refund is not available."

6 minutes ago, KnightHammer said:

Can't blame them for not wanting to lose money.

2 minutes ago, vilainn6 said:

Can't blame them for not wanting to lose money.

True, they have the Covert Missions set up for pre order on the website so anyone who has not noticed the game cancellation and pre orders wont be able to cancel then it looks like

Star Wars LCG died.. Long live Destiny!!

Star Wars Destiny died... Long live the Co-Op LCG?