Un-Named Steel Strategy Armada Podcast

By shmitty, in Star Wars: Armada

I just posted our latest episode. Listen in as we talk all about Defense Tokens and the glory of Rapid Launch Bays!

Awesome!

Wonderful! Really enjoyed the first episode(s). Looking forward to my commute home this evening.

Who knows if we'll write anything this month, but at least we have SPOKEN WORD.

Untitled?

How about "This game is dead. A weekly Armada discussion"

15 minutes ago, JKShulenburg said:

Untitled?

How about "This game is dead. A weekly Armada discussion"

I dont get it.

12 minutes ago, geek19 said:

I dont get it.

Because people keep claiming the game is dead....

But if the name of the podcast is that the game is dead, why are people playing it? Or listening to the podcast?

https://imgur.com/53cyzHo

Edited by BiggsIRL

Great job guys. Really enjoyed the 2 part first episode. Just saw that there’s a new one. Now I have something g to listen to on the way home from work.

thanks for the time you put into this.

I do like the content of the podcast. As far as names go, I like naming it after a card that's iconic for Armada and has a catchy name?

Intel Officers

Veteran Gunners

Strategic Advisors

Ruthless Strategists

Or something cute like 2 Guys and an Objective Token

Or a pun like Steeling Strategies

Edited by antisocialmunky

The Bigg Shmitty Podcast

Had a listen. I really enjoy how deep you go into your theorizing and consideration of applying upcoming additions to your playstyle.

Great podcast! One nitpick is that you forgot about the IG88B for rapid launch bays:

Seems pretty amusing for the price of a MFC.

Just finished listening to your third episode. Great content! Here is my feedback:

• Love how in-depth you go on topics. Sure, as you said, you could have spent less time on defense tokens. But why do that? Armada is a slow moving game in both gameplay and in adding new content, so who's in a rush? :)
  • Big fan of the coast or gold section. Nice way to cover all those niche cases for dusty upgrade cards. Could be a good opportunity to talk about cards that shine in formats other than 400pt competitive, too?
  • You cover a lot of cards in discussions, so I don't know where the right balance is for this, but sometimes I wish you'd read the full text on a card (upgrade or objective) before discussing it. I listen while driving usually, so sometimes I have no idea or only a vague recollection of what some upgrades do if they're not the most common ones. But I can also see the argument of how tedious it'd be to rattle off the text for every card you mention. 🤷‍♂️
  • Thanks for keeping the cast no more than an hour-ish. I feel like an hour is about the maximum length for podcasts before they start to ramble.
  • Thanks also for keeping the swears to a minimum. Not everyone cares for profanity, so I appreciate you keeping it pretty light.

Overall, keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing (or hearing) where you guys take this.

4 hours ago, ArmadaMatt said:

Just finished listening to your third episode. Great content! Here is my feedback:

• Love how in-depth you go on topics. Sure, as you said, you could have spent less time on defense tokens. But why do that? Armada is a slow moving game in both gameplay and in adding new content, so who's in a rush? :)
  • Big fan of the coast or gold section. Nice way to cover all those niche cases for dusty upgrade cards. Could be a good opportunity to talk about cards that shine in formats other than 400pt competitive, too?
  • You cover a lot of cards in discussions, so I don't know where the right balance is for this, but sometimes I wish you'd read the full text on a card (upgrade or objective) before discussing it. I listen while driving usually, so sometimes I have no idea or only a vague recollection of what some upgrades do if they're not the most common ones. But I can also see the argument of how tedious it'd be to rattle off the text for every card you mention. 🤷‍♂️
  • Thanks for keeping the cast no more than an hour-ish. I feel like an hour is about the maximum length for podcasts before they start to ramble.
  • Thanks also for keeping the swears to a minimum. Not everyone cares for profanity, so I appreciate you keeping it pretty light.

Overall, keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing (or hearing) where you guys take this.

Re: Covering the cards - great feedback. I'll try to keep it in mind going forward. I remeber how frustrating it is to see discussion of a card and either not remember the abbreviation or how it works.

Re: Profanity - this may be the first time someone has THANKED me for getting the right amount of profanity. So... uh... thanks.

Subscribed! Cheers!

I have really enjoyed these episodes. I’m looking forward to more!

Color me boring, but “Steel Squadron’s Armada Podcast” seems to be an incredibly functional name. My vote is that or leave it “unnamed”.

Naming Competition?

... in before “Poddy McPodcast” or the like....

I second @Astrodar . Functional names are the best names.

16 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Naming Competition?

... in before “Poddy McPodcast” or the like....

Poddy and the Blowfish

2 guys, a garm, and a pizza podcast

Would it help if I got out and pushed?

Now this is Podcasting.

Edited by antisocialmunky
14 minutes ago, geek19 said:

2 guys, a garm, and a pizza podcast

This gets my vote.

1 hour ago, antisocialmunky said:

Wizard!