Announcing Flagship: a web-based fleet builder, analyzer, and RitR campaign manager!

By videege, in Star Wars: Armada

Just now, videege said:

Yeah sorry, I spoke a little too soon, the update needed to build and deploy first.

Yep, everything is good now. Thanks again!

On 1/17/2020 at 9:44 PM, videege said:

Please continue letting me know anything that's incorrect!

Ok... the side arc of the Onager Testbed is coming up in the app as 1 red, 1 blue, 1 black. This is incorrect; it should be 2 red, 1 blue.

Also, Gozanti Cruisers are coming up as able to equip Boarding Teams, but they shouldn’t be able to; they lack a Weapons Team slot. Haven’t checked the Gozanti Assault or the Rebel GR75s.

Thanks!

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Think we've run into a bug with Diplomats and Low Morale.

Opponent assigned a diplomat to a sector. We've attacked an occupied area, and defended an unoccupied area in the same sector. Both of our fleets in those situations have received Low Morale.

However Low Morale (pg 19) says:

If the target location is unoccupied and in an area that has a diplomats token of the opposing faction, the assaulting fleet gains the "Low Morale" condition card.

So in the first case, they have Presence so we're attacking an occupied location.

In the second case though the location is unoccupied we're the defenders.

And just to confirm Presence isn't the same as Unoccupied, there's pg 16 and pg 17 which both specify them as different effects.

We'll be able to manage this fine manually in our campaign, but just a heads-up!

Seem to have come across another bug on ours, we've got Rebel presence as well as Resources to spend but it's not giving the option here:

image.png.be982834ffd2ff43446d017e82033270.png

Me again! Empire assaulted the Rebel base on Sullust. They won, so gain presence and will get the strategic effect for it, however it's also trying to give it to the Rebels still:

image.thumb.png.d45dd165f37ac14e043d0d580a0ff49b.png

Will adjust it manually.

Also similar to the previous post, we gained presence on Lothal and have the Resources already but it's not appearing as an option to build the base (can fix manually too)

Flagship has been updated to address a number of campaign bugs and navigation issues. Big thanks to @rythos42 for contributing all these fixes! A community powered project will ensure the longevity of this tool.

I just wrote out this list for a friend, so here's what was just fixed:

• Clicking Back in browser from navigating to Fleet, from Roster, goes back to Roster.
  • Played campaign objectives now show on Timeline and in Location (so it's easier to plan what you're doing to do)
  • Can now select tokens for newly created bases in Management phase
  • Bases now able to be built on new-presence planets
  • Fleets no longer given Low Fuel when assaulting/defending with base in adjacent sector

I'm fixing issues that are bugging me while my friends and I play a virtual campaign, and we're on the end of the first act, so haven't gotten to "taking presence from someone else" yet. Maybe I'll fix that when it bugs me! 😄

Playing with the stats analysis is going to suck me in.

Great tool, thanks for all the time you put into this

Using a pixel 3 xl and Firefox, the back arrow didn't always work. I was able to work around it with the phone back arrow, but the one built in worked maybe 15% of the time.

That said, maybe it's not optimized for mobile. If so, that's fine. It is still usable.

Thanks for all your work

Using the app a lot for tracking the campaign, two issues this turn, after winning a battle in a location and building a base there the app gave us the token for the location twice (repair Yards Ord Mendle), we hit a pivitol battle, the imperial players choice demonstration of Force, pick a location, its offering systems not sectors, not a big problem just picked a system in the sector they are attacking.

You may already know this, but HIEs, APTs and ACMs are not changing the probability when equipped

Is there a way to return to a previous phase - i.e. we are in the management phase, but need to edit results from the battle phase?

This has become my go to fleet building app. Great design!

My only complaint is that the location of the "add ship / add squadron" buttons is RIIIIIIGHT where Discord notifications pop up on my PC. Leading me to scream "no, shut up, stop talking!" at my computer when I'm trying to make a list.

Expanded launchers does not change the probability either

Flagship has been updated to allow the creation of Republic and Separatist fleets. I have also added in the display of traits (with logic to restrict upgrades with trait restrictions), starting resources and refresh costs (the wording on this is still tentative).

I've added all the spoiled ships, squadrons, and upgrades into the builder, but point costs, arcs, and upgrades are just placeholders for ships where we don't know the info yet. Still, you can use this to see how the new upgrades work, and this groundwork will allow me to rapidly update the builder once info is available.

I think I've got everything spoiled so far but please feel free to reply here or file an issue if I've missed something. My next update will be to continue working on adding missing statistical effects, including some of the new Clone Wars upgrades.

Thanks to everyone using Flagship and especially to those of you filing issues and pull requests on GitHub. I've been super busy with personal life/work lately but your contributions have helped continue to improve this software!

Flagship has been updated to include the effect for Clone Gunners. Additionally, I have corrected (via fudging) the probability of success calculation for effects where a die is set to a face.

Thanks a ton for your work on this! My group has one request for the RitR tracker - for the times when we can't play all our battles the same night, we'd like to enter in the battle results as we have them and have that info saved. We just wouldn't finalize the round until all battles are done, so the finalize button could stay greyed out and unavailable.

Me again - I can confirm the following bugs are still there:

1. Diplomats causes the defending fleet to gain Low Morale and it shouldn't

2. Spending an ally token needs to factor in for score, experience, and understrength bonus. It definitely isn't working for understrength bonus.

3. A player played at a location with the Recruit Allies objective and that should have automatically removed his Low Morale condition, but that didn't happen.

Thanks for all the work on this!

Edited by Ken-Obi
added #3 which we just found

Re: RitR - it will trigger "objective already played" for Green Objectives played at OTHER systems.

So if you play Recruit Allies at Mandalore, it will say it has been played at Nal Hutta even when no games have been played there. This is shown on the Locations tab, I am not sure if it also triggers when playing the game.

In my experience it says objective played in the locations tab, but when you play at the location it will lets you play the mission if you haven't and stops you if you have so working on that bit.

Flagship has been updated to include the new Republic content from this week's article.

This update also includes some technical upgrades, so please let me know if you see any weirdness.

Very nice.

Has the Attack effects for Captain Zak been added? I am not seeing it on the statistics page.

Flagship has been updated to include content from the Separatists article. I don't have any of the new cards in the Statistics simulator yet; hopefully I'll get that done by this weekend.

Just pushed another update adding the spoiled Republic squadrons.