Announcing Flagship: a web-based fleet builder, analyzer, and RitR campaign manager!

By videege, in Star Wars: Armada

Sorry to trickle in a typo, but on the highly anticipated objective, Marked for Destruction, there is a place in Special Rule where "Then assign an objective token to the attacker " should read "assign an objective token to the defender ".

I don't know if anything can be done about this one, but just to do some field journalism here... our group was using the app to manage a campaign (and loving it), but had to drop a couple of guys after Christmas break who were then replaced with 2 new guys. Unfortunately, the 2 new guys couldn't manage the fleets that they assumed command of, and they couldn't be added to the campaign roster to make a new one.

There are a myriad of ways to deal with this, but all of them took some creative jury rigging or sharing of login credentials. We easily are making it work, but I wonder if there is a functional reason we need to lock the roster once setup is completed, or if adding a new player after the fact could be made possible. That seems like something that could be explored while you are messing with scaling the number of participating fleets.

This is not any kind of deal breaker for me, I love having the guys being able to access the campaign info themselves when not at my house.

I hope you are enjoying the build, we are!

11 hours ago, deDios said:

Sorry to trickle in a typo, but on the highly anticipated objective, Marked for Destruction, there is a place in Special Rule where "Then assign an objective token to the attacker " should read "assign an objective token to the defender ".

I don't know if anything can be done about this one, but just to do some field journalism here... our group was using the app to manage a campaign (and loving it), but had to drop a couple of guys after Christmas break who were then replaced with 2 new guys. Unfortunately, the 2 new guys couldn't manage the fleets that they assumed command of, and they couldn't be added to the campaign roster to make a new one.

There are a myriad of ways to deal with this, but all of them took some creative jury rigging or sharing of login credentials. We easily are making it work, but I wonder if there is a functional reason we need to lock the roster once setup is completed, or if adding a new player after the fact could be made possible. That seems like something that could be explored while you are messing with scaling the number of participating fleets.

This is not any kind of deal breaker for me, I love having the guys being able to access the campaign info themselves when not at my house.

I hope you are enjoying the build, we are!

On 1/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, deDios said:

@videege Still using this a lot and enjoying it!

Quick tweaks, on the fleet builder, I think that Admiral Ozzel is missing from the Officers section (not the Commanders).

Also, when I "Copy Fleet", then change the name, the new name does not stick.
It keep reverting to the old name after entering and exiting the editor.
This may also happen when renaming any fleet, but I haven't played with that yet.

Can I add one upgrade to your list of upcoming statistics? SW7's would be easy because of the 1:1 change from Acc to Dmg; it would be a hope to model both "convert all" and "keep 1 acc" as options.

Thanks again! My old favorite fleet builder quit being updated just as you showed us this one and I'm glad to have it (as is my 8 person campaign crew).

Thanks again for the feedback - I just pushed an update fixing the following:

• Admiral Ozzel (officer) is now selectable.
  • Added a little padding to the various selector lists to improve readability.
  • Fixed the text on Marked for Destruction.

I tested out copying a fleet and then changing its name and it worked OK for me. Can you reproduce this / let me know what browser you're using? (It might be a browser-specific issue.)

I'm working on the SW7s and the custom campaign settings. Hopefully I can get some time in the evenings this week to get that done. I don't have a donation link at the moment but I appreciate the sentiment!

Edited by videege

Another quick clerical vix. The Command Pelta should have 1 blue for Anti-Squadron.

Take time to smell the roses (or if you are near my home, just stay inside and work on Armada because it is -15 degreesF again).

On 1/14/2020 at 9:32 AM, deDios said:

Another quick clerical vix. The Command Pelta should have 1 blue for Anti-Squadron.

Take time to smell the roses (or if you are near my home, just stay inside and work on Armada because it is -15 degreesF again).

This has been corrected, thanks.

I think the Vanguard title for the nebulon frigate talks about adding an evade token Rather then a redirect.

if you’d like to unsubscribe from these updates, or get them all in a weekly digest send me a message to shut up. Ha ha. I hope my proofreading is helping.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:19 PM, deDios said:

I think the Vanguard title for the nebulon frigate talks about adding an evade token Rather then a redirect.

Nope

latest?cb=20191106170140

Sorry. I meant that in the app it was mistakenly saying that Vanguard adds an evade when it should be a redirect. My grammer.

BTW, I ran this builder's export into the VassalBot on Discord to make a vassal list for the first time, and as Videege irons out the typo's it is going to work as well as the other builders. That was my first time trying that !vassal thing and it is wonderful! Thanks Ardaehel for helping me troubleshoot the nuances.

I've pushed an update fixing the text of Vanguard and the names of a few upgrades/objectives with typos. Please continue letting me know anything that's incorrect!

This looks great, trying out the campaign feature, I am waiting for everyone to sign up but made a test one, it will not go past the battle step I fill all the results in and it has a loading screen then back where I was needing to fill in results, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Am I blind or is Tagge missing from the Imperial Commander roster?

11 hours ago, Grathew said:

Am I blind or is Tagge missing from the Imperial Commander roster?

Thanks - I accidentally deleted him when doing some other edits. Just pushed an update fixing this.

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone else's fleets have disappeared? Checked on PC and Mobile and none are there. When I create new my fleet list still stays empty :(

THanks

Russell

wow, this is great. Is there a way to keep track of user inventory? would love this feature since it would help with building fleets for the campaign.

Edited by Viperho
9 hours ago, Viperho said:

wow, this is great. Is there a way to keep track of user inventory? would love this feature since it would help with building fleets for the campaign.

Sorry, not sure what you mean exactly by this. Do you mean the rewards each player receives during the campaign? I set it up so that the campaign informs you of your reward options but didn't implement tracking/enforcing that because it was too complicated for a first release.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, Pwmf said:

This looks great, trying out the campaign feature, I am waiting for everyone to sign up but made a test one, it will not go past the battle step I fill all the results in and it has a loading screen then back where I was needing to fill in results, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Sorry I missed this message. Typically this means there is an error saving the changes to the fleet (it's possible Firebase or your connection was having issues). Give it another try and let me know.

I found it worked from my phone so I ran a couple of turns with made up results then I noticed that the locations were not updating and it went past the point where it should have triggered a pivotal battle.

Our real campaign were are waiting for one more game then can put the results in will see what happens. I might try a test run again if I have time.

On 2/5/2020 at 10:07 PM, videege said:

Sorry, not sure what you mean exactly by this. Do you mean the rewards each player receives during the campaign? I set it up so that the campaign informs you of your reward options but didn't implement tracking/enforcing that because it was too complicated for a first release.

I believe he means collection control, you tell the app what you own and it won't let you add things to a fleet that you don't have.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:07 AM, videege said:

oh I just meant just a way for Flagship to keep track of your personal ship inventory when creating fleets. say you only have 2 ISDs, picking a 3rd ISD would get flagged, for example. sorta like how ryan kingston's fleet builder keeps track of what ships you own.

image.png.7a825154078b6ecf75d5c0e80d4f8f82.png

Edited by Viperho
21 minutes ago, Viperho said:

oh I just meant just a way for Flagship to keep track of your personal ship inventory when creating fleets. say you only have 2 ISDs, picking a 3rd ISD would get flagged, for example. sorta like how ryan kingston's fleet builder keeps track of what ships you own.

image.png.7a825154078b6ecf75d5c0e80d4f8f82.png

Would actually be nice if this went a step further and was by expansion pack. That way a player could keep track, additionally, of what upgrades they have. The option to also add additional single ships or upgrades would also be great.

That would likely be a lot of work, however.

Couple typos:

Commandant Aresko is listed (incorrectly) as costing 2 points. I think he actually costs 7.

Doomed Station: The instructions in the section marked “Setup” are very wrong. After the phrase, “excluding the station,” there should be a period, and the next sentence should begin, “Then the second player places the station in the setup area...” Instead, the paragraph cuts from “excluding the station,” directly to “in the setup area,” so the whole thing makes zero sense.

Also, I’ve had a persistent problem with the app dropping my fleets here and there; either they don’t save (especially after editing), or I rename them and it doesn’t take. My workaround has been to copy them after building/editing, then go and erase one of the copies. This usually makes the fleet sticky enough that the app remembers it.

Thanks!

Edit: I feel like I came across another typo in the objectives, but I can’t find it now. You might want to do a pass on all of them.

Also, I’d have a look at the FAQ, and use the updated wording on the objectives from that. For example, I think that Most Wanted has been altered to specify that when a ship is attacking an objective ship, the attacker gets an extra die, which makes it clear that squadrons attacking objective ships do not get extra dice.

Edited by Cpt ObVus

If you want to get a quick overview for all erratas, just look for " Errata " at the wiki.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:54 PM, Cpt ObVus said:

Couple typos:

Commandant Aresko is listed (incorrectly) as costing 2 points. I think he actually costs 7.

Doomed Station: The instructions in the section marked “Setup” are very wrong. After the phrase, “excluding the station,” there should be a period, and the next sentence should begin, “Then the second player places the station in the setup area...” Instead, the paragraph cuts from “excluding the station,” directly to “in the setup area,” so the whole thing makes zero sense.

Also, I’ve had a persistent problem with the app dropping my fleets here and there; either they don’t save (especially after editing), or I rename them and it doesn’t take. My workaround has been to copy them after building/editing, then go and erase one of the copies. This usually makes the fleet sticky enough that the app remembers it.

Thanks!

Edit: I feel like I came across another typo in the objectives, but I can’t find it now. You might want to do a pass on all of them.

Also, I’d have a look at the FAQ, and use the updated wording on the objectives from that. For example, I think that Most Wanted has been altered to specify that when a ship is attacking an objective ship, the attacker gets an extra die, which makes it clear that squadrons attacking objective ships do not get extra dice.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:35 AM, Triangular said:

If you want to get a quick overview for all erratas, just look for " Errata " at the wiki.

Thanks - I've fixed the typos and done a pass over the errata.

1 minute ago, videege said:

Awesome. Thank you very much! Very happy with the program overall.

10 minutes ago, videege said:

We, just thought you should know, Doomed Station is still very wrong. In fact, it seems to have the same text it had before.

For that matter, Aresko is still wrong, too. How do I get it to update?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it to update.

Edited by Cpt ObVus
22 minutes ago, Cpt ObVus said:

We, just thought you should know, Doomed Station is still very wrong. In fact, it seems to have the same text it had before.

For that matter, Aresko is still wrong, too. How do I get it to update?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it to update.

Yeah sorry, I spoke a little too soon, the update needed to build and deploy first.