THE MANDALORIAN Discussion Thread!

By patox, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Is episode 2 up?

Yes.

Interesting episode. LOVED seeing Jawas again and the interaction with them.

Only thing that bothered me was the music played during the Force scene. I’m used to the original theme.

Episode 2 was way too short.

Zuuka!!

I loved loved loved everything about that episode.

Only caveat being I wish they clarified that that the ship repairs took a while. As it stands it could be a few hours, although it’s vague enough to have taken weeks.

"Utinni!"

I thought the pacing was a bit slow, but it was still pretty good. Were those the first on screen disintegration we have seen?

Worst part is now waiting for another week...

Edited by Jo Jo

It was basically a pt2 to the first episode, wrapping up that planet. Still feels very Dungeons and Dragons for me, which is ace. And at the end like he hadn't done quite the right dialogue options to get Nick Nolte to join him lol

Can't wait for next week, see where cashing in this job takes him and who's been sending others after the bounty.

Jawas are jerks.

And now we know why Vader asked for no disintegrations...

I was hoping the knife had some kind of tech that explained bringing that monster down so easily.

Jawas are disgusting.

I have spoken.

4 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I was hoping the knife had some kind of tech that explained bringing that monster down so easily.

Either it was a vibroblade, or the Mando was shaking something awful when holding it ready against the beast's charge. There were some really funky lighting/reflection effects off the knife in that scene.

I'm really, really, liking this. They seem to have gotten everything right. It's all so very.. Star Wars. Even more so than I expected (I was expecting something grittier, and less adventuresque, but I'm totally fine with what we've gotten).

Edited by takfar
3 hours ago, takfar said:

Either it was a vibroblade, or the Mando was shaking something awful when holding it ready against the beast's charge. There were some really funky lighting/reflection effects off the knife in that scene.

It looks a lot like a vibroblade.

I also loved the fact that neither the Mando or Kuiil have any knowledge of the force.

22 hours ago, Odanan said:

Is episode 2 up?

StarWars.com has a count down timer about 12 hours prior to each Episode.

As far as I can tell (and this is a guess based on Ep. 1 and 2) they release the new Episode midnignt West Coast (for example California) time.

Which is at 3 am My time, I post on the other Mandalorian thread as soon as it’s available.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

k3siyp0v3gz31.jpg

🤣

Maybe the 'child' is the other that Yoda talks of ...

Edited by ausxwing
spelling

Little Yodel is not a baby.

I know people call the asset a baby, but that's because they seem to be caught up in the size and appearance of the child in relation to human children. Consider: Yoda himself isn't much larger than a human 3 year old. The asset seems to developmentally be roughly equivalent to a 4 year old human from what we've seen, but chances are it's closet to the mind of an older human child.

Here's my reasoning:

1. it is self aware of its abilities in the Force, attempting to help heal the Mando and of course, levitating the big beast.
  2. The state of its clothing implies that it knows how to look after itself in some fashion. A toddler would be filthy after a few days in the care of the bandits that were keeping it.
  3. The asset does not appear to be overly emotional (crying in fear at blaster shots, flamethrowers or monstrous beasts), nor is it impulsive or have outbursts as most young children do.

My biggest question: Why doesn't it speak? It likely chooses not to. More answers and questions to come in the next episodes.

9 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Little Yodel is not a baby.

I know people call the asset a baby, but that's because they seem to be caught up in the size and appearance of the child in relation to human children. Consider: Yoda himself isn't much larger than a human 3 year old. The asset seems to developmentally be roughly equivalent to a 4 year old human from what we've seen, but chances are it's closet to the mind of an older human child.

Here's my reasoning:

1. it is self aware of its abilities in the Force, attempting to help heal the Mando and of course, levitating the big beast.
  2. The state of its clothing implies that it knows how to look after itself in some fashion. A toddler would be filthy after a few days in the care of the bandits that were keeping it.
  3. The asset does not appear to be overly emotional (crying in fear at blaster shots, flamethrowers or monstrous beasts), nor is it impulsive or have outbursts as most young children do.

My biggest question: Why doesn't it speak? It likely chooses not to. More answers and questions to come in the next episodes.

Yea, he's more of a toddler. He can walk! He can understand danger and use the force defensively! He can catch frogs! 4 year old human sounds about right (except for the force, most humans I know can't do that at that stage).

Also, he's directly referred to as "the child", not "the baby".

As for speech, well we know little to nothing about the yoda species... maybe they're just not very talkative when young (as opposed to humans, who babble and scream and cry at every opportunity). Or maybe toddler yoda is just shy, or immeasurably wise (not really).

Oh Jon Favreau, I know you're the "Heavy" Mando.. you can't hide that Pre Vizsla voice! :D :D

4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Oh Jon Favreau, I know you're the "Heavy" Mando.. you can't hide that Pre Vizsla voice! :D :D

That was exactly what I was thinking!

Just now, Shadowshand said:

That was exactly what I was thinking!

to be honest, it was almost the same monologue too :D

Yeah, it's him, and it's a Vizla.

It is the way.

Dang, this show is really good. I gasped a bit there towards the end when all seemed darkest and the clan stepped up---uh dropped in.

"Everybody hates you." and then we get to see that subtle set up pay off so deliciously. I'm really having fun watching this story play out.

• So THAT's why Wilrow Hood had an ice cream maker in ESB!
  • Favreau got to be a little bit Iron Man/War Machine and Pre Vizla too.
  • I'm glad we're going to see more Grief too.